• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
When I say a new structure, I dont mean its with Arteta at the club.

He will need to go, as will Edu and we will need proper football men up top. I dont think Arteta would accept a demotion to a number two or to another team.

Arteta can go an be an assisstant to Xabi Alonso at San Sebastian B. Guess Pep won't take him back after treason.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
For those who say Arteta won’t survive, what exactly are our targets now?

He needs to keep us up and continue to get in the players we need IMO. So far so good and we need more to come in. Then he goes for 40 points and makes his case for a continued stay in the job.

Next season let’s start anew with a new management and DOF in place.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Who knows, there'll be no quick fix regardless and the absolutely top top managers won't want the job. Allegri would demand too much in terms of a transfer budget for example.

I think they would tbh. PL big 6 club who’s willing to spend money every window.

If I was an Allegri or Potch I’d be very interested.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I think they would tbh. PL big 6 club who’s willing to spend money every window.

If I was an Allegri or Potch I’d be very interested.

I can't see it with Allegri. Poch is a different story. But Allegri would want guarantees in terms of a transfer budget to ensure we'd be able to compete. I think he's well above us tbh, he'll get a much bigger job soon enough.

Toby

Who knows, there'll be no quick fix regardless and the absolutely top top managers won't want the job. Allegri would demand too much in terms of a transfer budget for example.

I honestly don't think Arsenal need a top, top manager right now. More important is getting back to a coherent idea of what the club wants and then hiring by those standards and then grow sort of organically.

Look at Leipzig. They got Rangnick as overall mastermind. At first, he did coach himself but he actually sees himself as more of a grey eminence behind scenes. So they got Alex Zorniger, a manager of the Rangick/Helmut Groß gegenpressing transition game. After Zorniger failed to get promoted from 2nd to 1st Bundesliga, Rangnick did it himself. Then they go Hasenhüttl who comes from the exact same school of football. He helped establish them in the BuLi according to plan and only when it became apparante a better manager of the same school was available at the same time Leipzig kind of realized Hasenüttl was sort of solid but not the one to take them to a BL title, they sacked him, Rangnick took over for a short time again and they then got Nagelsmann.

In that sense, if the club finally managed to get a proper vision and plan in motion, a decent but not top manager for the next 2, 3 years who'd at least implement a certain style and work ethic and sign players of a certain mold but just wasn't that absolute top name or talent wouldnt be that bad, which then would work as a stepping stone for the next guy with maybe more talent or a bigger name but the same ideas and style, would, at least for me, be absolutely alright and imo Arsenal don't need massive massive name on the bench, but rather a proper idea behind the scenes.

Say if the club hired Rangick, which won't happen cause they'll stick with Edu and Arteta until the bitter end, I wouldn't mind him bringing in Hasenhüttl on a two year contract, nudging the club towards a certain brand of football.

Toby

Handing the club to guys like Edu and Arteta is seriously questionable at this point. Love to see old players involved but are these guys ready for Prem, much less Arsenal? And knowing it's Josh Kroenke making these decisions, a guy only there because his dad owns the club...

And it's not like there are ex players who actually do those jobs for a while and aren't blank pages. Think of Overmars for example.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
Poch has been out of a job for long enough. Arsenal is a bigger job than Sp**s and we will have a much bigger transfer budget for him to work with. It’s not the Utd job but there is no telling when the gym teacher will finally **** up enough to get sacked. Get Poch in before it’s too late and he goes somewhere else.

Kav

Established Member
So who are our alternatives to “Mr. Non negotiables”?

Suggestions anyone?

if he continues this run until December 26 we may very well be languishing between 10-16 in the table and frankly speaking that is not good enough.

If they sacked Emery for the poor run of form at the same time last year then Arteta can’t be too far behind. 50% loss ratio is criminal for managers at top clubs.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Come summer Pochettino will probably be out of reach. There could be openings at United, PSG, Barca or Real. He might decide to wait for the summer but he will have no guarantees and could be tempted if we come in for him after Christmas.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Getting a manager in January is difficult. Has to be someone out of a job and the only 2 that shout out are Poch and Allergi.

I would prefer Poch but to be honest would he come here. Hard to see the attraction. If we were up around top 4 with ambitions yes. But we are in terrible shape at the minute as a club. Everytime we think we are turning a corner we realise it was all false hope.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I honestly don't think Arsenal need a top, top manager right now. More important is getting back to a coherent idea of what the club wants and then hiring by those standards and then grow sort of organically.

Look at Leipzig. They got Rangnick as overall mastermind. At first, he did coach himself but he actually sees himself as more of a grey eminence behind scenes. So they got Alex Zorniger, a manager of the Rangick/Helmut Groß gegenpressing transition game. After Zorniger failed to get promoted from 2nd to 1st Bundesliga, Rangnick did it himself. Then they go Hasenhüttl who comes from the exact same school of football. He helped establish them in the BuLi according to plan and only when it became apparante a better manager of the same school was available at the same time Leipzig kind of realized Hasenüttl was sort of solid but not the one to take them to a BL title, they sacked him, Rangnick took over for a short time again and they then got Nagelsmann.

In that sense, if the club finally managed to get a proper vision and plan in motion, a decent but not top manager for the next 2, 3 years who'd at least implement a certain style and work ethic and sign players of a certain mold but just wasn't that absolute top name or talent wouldnt be that bad, which then would work as a stepping stone for the next guy with maybe more talent or a bigger name but the same ideas and style, would, at least for me, be absolutely alright and imo Arsenal don't need massive massive name on the bench, but rather a proper idea behind the scenes.

Say if the club hired Rangick, which won't happen cause they'll stick with Edu and Arteta until the bitter end, I wouldn't mind him bringing in Hasenhüttl on a two year contract, nudging the club towards a certain brand of football.

This is absolutely the best way forward for the club now, there needs to be a shared vision under a proper structure. It should've all probably happened post Wenger but Ivan just hired a bunch of random guys who ended up having completely different visions and topped it off by appointing Emery as manager.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Bring back Wenger for 6 months as caretaker and find a proper manager in the summer. I can't watch this dead brand of football anymore.

As much as I was Wenger out the last 3-4 years it may be a good option. What we are seeing here is worse than Emery. Much worse.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Getting a manager in January is difficult. Has to be someone out of a job and the only 2 that shout out are Poch and Allergi.

I would prefer Poch but to be honest would he come here. Hard to see the attraction. If we were up around top 4 with ambitions yes. But we are in terrible shape at the minute as a club. Everytime we think we are turning a corner we realise it was all false hope.
Poch is never coming here. He's not torpedoing his relationship with the Spuds supporters to try and save a mid table club with cheaper owners than the ones who hung him out to dry.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Poch is never coming here. He's not torpedoing his relationship with the Spuds supporters to try and save a mid table club with cheaper owners than the ones who hung him out to dry.

Cheap owners?

We’ve just spent 70 million plus on two class signings for the first team. If anything, there is good money being put in.

Potchettino is worth it IMO, but we need a proper football structure more. We shouldn’t be so reliant on a manager alone. Bring Wenger back to help with the transition if needed, and go for Campos and Mislintat

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Cheap owners?

We’ve just spent 70 million plus on two class signings for the first team. If anything, there is good money being put in.

Potchettino is worth it IMO, but we need a proper football structure more. We shouldn’t be so reliant on a manager alone. Bring Wenger back to help with the transition if needed, and go for Campos and Mislintat
Poch wouldn't work out here. The players that worked for him aren't here. Almost none of our players can run more than 45 minutes without wheezing

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom