• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mancheater City: Pep Guadiosa

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Can already see him doing interviews talking about how he knew nothing about all of it and history is history, the trophies are real to me, I was there blah blah blah.

It's so predictable. The 8 City fans that have been confirmed to exist are already spinning the "they can't take away my memories" narrative.
But unfortunately, its partially true. Obviously, it destroys the club's brand, they will be known as cheaters and their official history will be downgraded, but the players, fans and club got to experience some great moments they didn't deserve. Also will the PL titles being re-allocated to 2nd place teams? If they are, it wouldn't be the same feeling receiving them retrospectively, there won't be any massive celebrations.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
At some stage it has to become a problem for the broadcasters and the league if City aren't stopped. You have a club nobody actually likes winning every year while under investigation. That's not good from a business perspective. It hurts the product because it's sold as the most competitive league in the world. We've probably drastically helped viewership the past couple of seasons by at least making them work for it when nobody else did.
This is why I am surprised the PL went after them in the first place. Thought they might have just turned the other way to protect their brand and avoid a whole bunch of complexity and cost.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

You would think all parties want this to end but after reading Swiss Rambles post it seems like City are content to drag it out in the hope that it is thrown out before it is started. Let's hope that never happens.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It's hard to conceive what a sufficient punishment would even be because of how connected everything has become.

Even their Academy isn’t free from it. They invested huge amounts into their SportsCity development.

Any form of success for the foreseeable future will be tainted, unless the punishment lasts for years.

The sad reality is that we have not only the UK government lobbying the Premier League here, they already lied about their involvement with the Newcastle approval. The PL themselves will be weighing up whether sacrificing City would harm their brand.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
flirting-vs-harrasment-v0-qfcjdhg2371d1.jpeg

Topside

Personally think they will cop a fine if anything at all.

That Forest and Everton have been punished FFP on multiple charges quickly it's baffling.

I guess some the alleged 115 charges are minor? No idea, but if so the PL have really got this wrong should of just gone with any main ones they had.

It's like giving Ted Bundy a speeding ticket after being caught for serial killing. MC fair play season killers, ruthless.

Menard

Personally think they will cop a fine if anything at all.

That Forest and Everton have been punished FFP on multiple charges quickly it's baffling.

I guess some the alleged 115 charges are minor? No idea, but if so the PL have really got this wrong should of just gone with any main ones they had.

It's like giving Ted Bundy a speeding ticket after being caught for serial killing. MC fair play season killers, ruthless.

Forest and Everton admitted what they were charged with and cooperated with the PL by actually submitting the records the league requires. City have contested and delayed every possible detail of their charges using the most expensive lawyers money can buy. It's like asking why some broke bloke caught on camera using a stolen credit card with a public defender gets sentenced quicker than millionaire CEOs committing high level financial fraud. It's not fair at all but it's not unprecedented.

Farzad

Stormy's Lifetime Fan and Subscriber #1 🫶🏽

Player:Havertz
I just can’t rate Pep based on his mind boggling accomplishments because he has cheated at the two places he has had the most success. Plus was a flat track bully in two other stops in one team leagues. Based on trophies he is greatest manager of all time. But cheating is just this huge black mark on the guy. But a lot of great managers in Italy and Spain have either been proven or suspected of some serious cheating

Synical

Miss Superstitious

I hate them so much. They're like scummy movie villains. Pep probably gets his organs replaced every year as well, the dirtbag.
This is corruption on an unprecedented scale.

Wow, they think they are so clever

People really need to start talking more about this. Their success is not legitimate and we shouldn't let them enjoy it

Synical

Miss Superstitious

I just can’t rate Pep based on his mind boggling accomplishments because he has cheated at the two places he has had the most success. Plus was a flat track bully in two other stops in one team leagues. Based on trophies he is greatest manager of all time. But cheating is just this huge black mark on the guy. But a lot of great managers in Italy and Spain have either been proven or suspected of some serious cheating
I wouldn't be surprised if he is giving his players performance enhancing drugs, seeing as he tested positive twice himself

Synical

Miss Superstitious

"Ironically, it was the City transfer target Lucas Paquetá who made the mistake for Foden’s first goal. It was probably a strange afternoon for Paquetá, playing against a team you have to assume he is desperate to join. This is, of course, another of City’s strengths: a preternatural ability to hoover up the very best and most adored mid-table talent – John Stones, Nathan Aké, Jack Grealish, Matheus Nunes – and find it a gilded place on the Etihad Stadium bench."

I particularly liked this paragraph

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 2

Fulham have made Emile Smith Rowe a priority this summer and are ready to bid for him [Mike McGrath - The Telegraph]

Arsenal have scouted Las Palmas goalkeeper Alvaro Valles as they prepare to part company with Aaron Ramsdale [Ryan Taylor - The Mirror]

Arsenal have set a deadline of two weeks to complete the signing of Benjamin Šeško [Sky Germany]

Napoli striker Victor Osimhen is expecting an offer from Arsenal [Gazzetta]

Latest posts

Top Bottom