• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mancheater City: 115

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

****ing embarrassing club, imagine Pep going from well supported clubs in Barca and Bayern to managing in front of 75% full stadium even when the club is having the best period in its history playing great football with amazing talents.

As annoying as I find Liverpool fans and the whole media bias towards that club I'd rather see them representing England in a semi-final (hope they get knocked out then tho) than City.

Reactions: BBF

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Don't City fans have some problems with UEFA? I remember they booed the CL anthem for a reason.

They got a £30,000 fine 7 years ago for arriving to the pitch late against Sporting Lisbon.

In 2014 they broke squad restrictions and were fined £49M

Porto were fined £20,000 for racist chants to Balotelli 8 years ago.

Their fans believe that UEFA is against them.

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan
Careful what I post? Please explain?

Saw it earlier, and laughed my nuts off. The tickets only went on sale to member with previous purchase history sometime on Monday ffs. Talksport and the Daily Mail brought it up too, one even showed a photo from the Italy-Argentina match last week at our place to try and justify the 'Emptihad' headline.

They (Liverpool Echo and LFC fans in general) are absolutely insufferable. The way they have tried to build this tie up is embarrassing.

I believe the game sold out earlier today, it never reached general sale, as some would have you believe.

hello pot, meet kettle.

****ing embarrassing club, imagine Pep going from well supported clubs in Barca and Bayern to managing in front of 75% full stadium even when the club is having the best period in its history playing great football with amazing talents.

As annoying as I find Liverpool fans and the whole media bias towards that club I'd rather see them representing England in a semi-final (hope they get knocked out then tho) than City.
What's embarrassing, is you believing everything you read.

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan
Your point?

seriously? :lol: You honestly don't understand? I will see if I can explain in simple terms. Fans of Manchester City FC are the last set of fans that should criticize fans of another team and describe them as 'insuffarable'.

I will tell you why, in case you do not understand. It is because so many Manchester City fans come across to some of us on the outside looking in as being the most insuffarable and entitled fans around these days.

I hope that explains it.

seriously? :lol: You honestly don't understand? I will see if I can explain in simple terms. Fans of Manchester City FC are the last set of fans that should criticize fans of another team and describe them as 'insuffarable'.

I will tell you why, in case you do not understand. It is because so many Manchester City fans come across to some of us on the outside looking in as being the most insuffarable and entitled fans around these days.

I hope that explains it.
That description is of nobody I know. And I have been going games for 35 years plus.

It could however, be as perfect way to describe fans of Bundesliga clubs, that bang on about 'the right way of doing things'.

Hope that helps.

They got a £30,000 fine 7 years ago for arriving to the pitch late against Sporting Lisbon.

In 2014 they broke squad restrictions and were fined £49M

Porto were fined £20,000 for racist chants to Balotelli 8 years ago.

Their fans believe that UEFA is against them.

Two-thirds of that £49m fine was refunded to City. The reason Blues are pissed off about that, was the club were in constant dialogue with UEFA and were led to believe that the club had complied with all regulations, only for UEFA to move the goalposts at the last minute, and find us in breach of them new rules they had belatedly drawn up, no doubt at the request of top clubs across Europe.

One other thing was the debacle at CSKA a few years back, when there was a stadium ban, only announced late on, after hundreds of our lot had booked flights and accommodation, then when it was seen on the box, they allowed around 800 CSKA fans in, declaring them 'sponsors'.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
It could however, be as perfect way to describe fans of Bundesliga clubs, that bang on about 'the right way of doing things'.

It depends on what you view as "right". But if you want to work sustainable models and keep fans involved and engaged, even if in some cases in a minor role (if the club's pro department as been turned into an AG), it seems the right way. Look at the (positive) fan culture in stadiums over here, look at Cologne fans taking over the Emirates, some involvement and at least a minor degree of power remaining with fans.

I feel as someone who bangs on about being such a longstanding and tradition valuing fan of your team, you'd understand that, or at least not disregard it in such a manner. Of course, if the "right way" is starting to view winning as the only meaningful value in football and it's alright solely achieving that through cash influx by a third party, then you won't understand.

It depends on what you view as "right". But if you want to work sustainable models and keep fans involved and engaged, even if in some cases in a minor role (if the club's pro department as been turned into an AG), it seems the right way. Look at the (positive) fan culture in stadiums over here, look at Cologne fans taking over the Emirates, some involvement and at least a minor degree of power remaining with fans.

I feel as someone who bangs on about being such a longstanding and tradition valuing fan of your team, you'd understand that, or at least not disregard it in such a manner. Of course, if the "right way" is starting to view winning as the only meaningful value in football and it's alright solely achieving that through cash influx by a third party, then you won't understand.
City are now self-sufficient, you may or may not be aware of that. Most clubs had a period (or two or three) of cash injections to build the club up, that's what our owners did, albeit on a larger scale than most :D

I'm not knocking the Bundesliga model, by the way, I think it's excellent, unfortunately it wouldn't work over here.

Anyways, great to see your lot doing well this season, I came over a couple of years ago when we played you in a pre-season friendly, you beat us 4-2, and that only because we scored two very late goals haha!
Couldn't believe you went down that year. I like that set up near the ground, think it was called Palm Beach? Gorgeous Vietnamese lady working in there that day, tho the walk right around the stadium and industrial estate to the away end was a ballache!

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Anyways, great to see your lot doing well this season, I came over a couple of years ago when we played you in a pre-season friendly, you beat us 4-2, and that only because we scored two very late goals haha!

Mate, don't remind of that... :D
We were thinking we beat City so we'd be untouchable...that's as wrong as you get. Had some nice passing game but were leaky at the back as it gets and it ended in relegation.

City are now self-sufficient, you may or may not be aware of that. Most clubs had a period (or two or three) of cash injections to build the club up, that's what our owners did, albeit on a larger scale than most :D

I do know that, and I'd have to take another closer look at it, but isn't it tied to sponsorships by companies that are owned by the same people who own City? Cause that's sort of bypassing the "true" meaning of self sufficient. I mean it's all legal, but it'S got a bit of a taste to it. If it were so.

I'm not knocking the Bundesliga model, by the way, I think it's excellent, unfortunately it wouldn't work over here.

I don't think it would work anywhere else, cause of the massive influx of TV money, and the Bundesliga is, on an international level at least, starting to feel the repercussions of clinging to that system. I love that system, don't get me wrong, but at the same time the league needs to stay competitive, in and out of itself. Solving that is the big problem right now. Just last week german clubs met with the league and defied getting rid of the 50+1 rule. Which is good. But we need to find ways to get more money into the league on a more equal level without sacrificing fan/member involvment and keeping up a nice footballing standard.

I like that set up near the ground, think it was called Palm Beach? Gorgeous Vietnamese lady working in there that day, tho the walk right around the stadium and industrial estate to the away end was a ballache!

Yeah, palm beach is the name. Really nice place. We've actually got some real nice spots for being a rather industrialized city without a proper old core.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
City fans should just accept they've won the lottery and enjoy the success that had come because of it. However don't compare yourself with the utd, arsenals, Liverpool's, who's position in world football has been built from the ground up in an organic way. And haven't bought success like city.

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989

Latest posts

Top Bottom