• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manchester City’s Financial Doping

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Yeah but Chelsea have done that in a calendar year. Pep has never spent quite like this. Nobody has.

Never in one year, but I’d be interested to know how much City spent in early UAE era converted into current transfer fees. Transfer fees are unrecognisable from 10 years ago.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Yeah but Chelsea have done that in a calendar year. Pep has never spent quite like this. Nobody has.
didn't they give out long term contracts so they could pay over 7-8 years instead of 1 year like you are saying?

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Any updates on what's happening with the charges?
Feels like it just faded away.
They said not long after the charges were reported that it could take up to 4 years to sort out.

Tommyboy23

On the surface looking at figures no,

Take inflation into account, and LEGITIMATE income im sure the ratio becomes very different.

I.e how much of cities spending at lower figures was from bogus sponsorship and the such they are being charged with….

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
On the surface looking at figures no,

Take inflation into account, and LEGITIMATE income im sure the ratio becomes very different.

I.e how much of cities spending at lower figures was from bogus sponsorship and the such they are being charged with….
The inflation in this instance is of Chelsea's own making. They ruined the market in January with the Mudryk and Enzo deals. Their latest scheme with their kit sponsor is exactly what City were doing with the bogus sponsorships. City also weren't using 8 year contracts as an FFP loophole. I'm not defending City by any means but what Chelsea are doing is unprecedented and equally worthy of investigation.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

The inflation in this instance is of Chelsea's own making. They ruined the market in January with the Mudryk and Enzo deals. Their latest scheme with their kit sponsor is exactly what City were doing with the bogus sponsorships. City also weren't using 8 year contracts as an FFP loophole. I'm not defending City by any means but what Chelsea are doing is unprecedented and equally worthy of investigation.

They’ve both tried repeated, dubious “loopholes”.

As anyone who ever engaged in, say, an income tax film scheme or stamp duty land tax scheme might tell you, what starts as a punt on “professional” advice can very quickly go very bad indeed.

I suspect, based on what I know via work, that Chelsea will get away with the contract stuff, as the amortisation thing is legit, just no one else had the balls or was mad enough to do it. That said it could all turn to **** in terms of being lumbered with multiple deadweight players that will place them in breach thanks to that clown Todd. They do need to be very careful about fake sponsorship deals.

I do think City will be screwed - their early years investment sponsorship strategy has aged like warm milk. In the end I expect them to take their medicine (which will probably do no more than **** then up for one or two seasons) and blame their advisors.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

The Man City talk was moved to the Man City thread, the Chelsea town likewise.

People come here for news updates, not opinions.

john travolta GIF

College Accuse GIF

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

The team thread and the financial doping thread are different. Hope this helps.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

The team thread and the financial doping thread are different. Hope this helps.
Ah, of course! Great to hear.

SuperMikel

A calm and collected individual.
Micheal Oliver is one of the pricks who go to the UAE and get paid to referee UAE domestic matches.

Same guy who was on VAR duty.

I dont trust Oliver when it comes to Man City. He will give them the benefit of any doubt and a little more.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom