• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Marco Amelia

Mostarac

Established Member
There are rumours saying that some English clubs are interested in Amelia, I really hope that Arsenal are one of those. This guy is incredible, he is together with Lucarelli the main reason for Livorno having such an good season. Amelia has been the best goalkeeper in Italy this season, and that says a bit about his qualities when you consider that Buffon is playing in the same league aswell. I think that Amelia is probably one of the most talented young goalkeepers in the world, and even old legends have said that. Amelia would be great as an reserve for Lehmann next season, and then he could take over when Lehmann retires.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/may26c.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_ ... ay26c.html</a>

coleandclichy

Amelia to Arsenal!

I would give anything for this transfer to happen.

Fantastic goal-keeper, best thing is good shot-stopper + good at coming for crosses.

I'm surprised AC Milan haven't made a move, Dida has been shocking at times. Reminds me of Campbell, flits in and out of form week by week, sometimes inspirational, sometimes really disappointing.

Mostarac

Established Member
coleandclichy said:
I'm surprised AC Milan haven't made a move, Dida has been shocking at times.

Looks like Milan will actually get Buffon.

Clarkey said:
Given his form what would be the possible price tag?

Not more than £7 million(even that might be a bit exaggerated sum).

A

Anonymous

absolutly amazing keeper , im a massive fan , based on last season he was italys number 1 for me , hey but reputation wins you everything now a day e.g buffon :evil:

Artillero

Fingers crossed, great keeper.

Mostarac, what do you think the chance of Juve getting relagated is?

I grew up in Genoa so am a big supporter of them so was heartbroken last year but have not followed the Juve story too much.

Mostarac

Established Member
Amelia will most probably be Italy`s goalkeeper in the European Championship in 2008. If he continues to develop greatly like he has so far, he will be the best goalkeeper(or one of the absolute best) in the world by 2008.

Artillero said:
I grew up in Genoa so am a big supporter of them so was heartbroken last year but have not followed the Juve story too much.

Unfortunately, I think that Juventus will not get relegated even though they really should. They will most likely get an enormous fine and will have to start the new season with - points, and even if they get relegated, Juventus will use years in the court just to delay such an decision. But, Juventus should have been relegated to Serie C, just like Genoa who I feel really sorry for.

otfgoon

Established Member
Mostarac said:
Amelia will most probably be Italy`s goalkeeper in the European Championship in 2008. If he continues to develop greatly like he has so far, he will be the best goalkeeper(or one of the absolute best) in the world by 2008.

Artillero said:

Unfortunately, I think that Juventus will not get relegated even though they really should. They will most likely get an enormous fine and will have to start the new season with - points, and even if they get relegated, Juventus will use years in the court just to delay such an decision. But, Juventus should have been relegated to Serie C, just like Genoa who I feel really sorry for.
Gab marcotti said that relegation to serie B is the likely punishment as well as them being striped of their last two Serie A titles. Is he wrong?

Mostarac

Established Member
I do not know, but I really can`t see Juventus(with their status in Italian football) getting relegated.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Yeah would be a good by, do I get banend for saying Isaksson would be my choice thou? And Buffon to Milan? Only if they get relegated surely?

Mostarac

Established Member
YeahBee said:
And Buffon to Milan? Only if they get relegated surely?

No, apparently he wants to move now after playing a couple of years for Juventus.

Mostarac

Established Member
TalentScout said:
barca bound surley if he is going to move

Not likely, his girlfriend lives in Milano, and that is probably the main reason(and sporting-wise aswell) for him wanting to go to Milan.

el jefe

Mostarac said:
TalentScout said:
barca bound surley if he is going to move

Not likely, his girlfriend lives in Milano, and that is probably the main reason(and sporting-wise aswell) for him wanting to go to Milan.
Certainly a wise move then if you've seen his girlfriend :shock:

Legend#1

Established Member
Buffon is definately Milan bound.

With Abbiati going the other way.

I've never seen Amelia before.. Sounds good though.

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom