• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Marcos Senna

asajoseph

Established Member
Mutu was taking coke. Last I checked, that's not much of a performance enhancing drug. Senna was taking steroids.

sabret00the

Established Member
It's all crashing down around Arsène Wenger's capacious ears at the moment. Thierry Henry's paving the way for a Spanish sojourn by moaning about the lack of investment in the team, the Emirates Stadium gets more expensive by the hour, and Chelsea's very existence is enough to work him to a fit of pique most days. So appeasement is the word of the day in N5: impressive Villarreal midfielder Marcos Senna is being lined up as a cut-price replacement for Mr Vieira. Senna, who, the Daily Mail are keen to remind us, has a 60-day drugs ban under his belt, should be available for £3m.

asajoseph

Established Member
I've not picked up too much about Senna - a question for those who know more about him - Is he the best man for the job, or the cheapest man for the job?

P.S. Own up Sabre, you didn't write that ;)

Soler

Established Member
-shrug-

Nothing wrong with Senna - no worse than what most teams have about with obvious exceptions. As far as I'm concerned he'd be a much needed body in the squad.

A

Anonymous

I would rather sign a midfielder who can play for us in the champions league as the league title ha gone.

kel varnsen

Established Member
he played well vs barca this weekend. he is not that big, but quite strong on the ball. good passing and vision as well. i think he could actually be a decent signing.

kamikaze80

Established Member
dev_atdi said:
I think this whole "age factor" can be thrown out the bluddy window to be honest.

pires is 32. you think his shoddy form and age is a coincidence? how many 34 year olds can you name who are playing world class football in the outfield? with the rare exception, not too many.

youd be a fool to forego transfer funds and pay a premium salary based on a player's peak seasons for a player that has entered his decline phase. a smart manager lets someone else pay for what a player has done in the past.

otfgoon

Established Member
Would be an exelent buy imo. Would be much better than Zakora or Yaya. I was saying in another forum that we should get him befroe his exellent performance against us in the champions league.

YES TO SENNA

otfgoon

Established Member
Legend#1 said:
Senna is more box to box.

We need a natural DM.
He isnt box to box at all, at least not in the games iv seen so he is clearly capable of just sitting there.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
too old for me. 29 yr old, he would only last 3 or 4 season. yaya zokora!

Legend#1

Established Member
otfgoon said:
Legend#1 said:
Senna is more box to box.

We need a natural DM.
He isnt box to box at all, at least not in the games iv seen so he is clearly capable of just sitting there.

I've seen him sit back too.

But always came across as box to box.

He's very technical and has a great pass for a DM, but he's 29.

Rocafella

Established Member
Haven't seen him play an awful lot so I can't really say much about him. Doesn't seem like a Wenger signing with his 1 year contract deals to players over 30 so I wonder how long Wenger sees him playing in the team for.

otfgoon

Established Member
29, in his peak, can give us 2-4 years of good service buy which time Diaby or whoever would be ready to fill in? also he only has 1 year left so we would nto have to pay much.

Ratinho

Established Member
A set DM isn't required if a player can do more than just that. Unless we intend to play 5 in midfield every game.

I hate pidgeon-holing players anyway. Senna is comfortably capable of being trhe more defensive of a midfield two, and Bert is a great anchorman.

And we have plenty of youth. Whgy not get a solid player in his prime? In other words, so f**king what if he's 29?

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom