• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mark Schwarzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

lagos

Established Member
USArsenal said:
dont know why you think we wouldnt have a shot with a better keeper? we could beat Chelsea or ManU on our day..

fact is, we certainly WON'T win anything if we persists with Average Al

Because if we continue to allow easy chances for the opposition because we aren't defending properly, even the best of keepers can't help us. The best teams don't conceede because they they protect their keeper, the defense shuts out opportunities and the opposition has to work harder for any chances they get. A keeper is the last line of defense not the defense!

We won't win with Al but equally I don't believe we can win the league the way we defend even if we had Cech!

go49oner

Established Member
Its just been confirmed on SSN that we didnt make any improved bid and that Schwarzer is definitely staying with Fulham.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
part of the problem with the way we defend is Al's lack of organization skills..

besides, we concede so many goals from set pieces or mis-handles by our keeper, that it very well COULD make a difference..

Y va marquer

Established Member
So you're not convinced by our new defensive line-up then lagos?

Regardless of the personnel you believe that our chances are as they were last season?

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
I'M NOT LISTENING... LA LA LA LA LA
images

Don Pacifico

Established Member
Y va marquer said:

Regardless of the personnel you believe that our chances are as they were last season?

What would suggest otherwise?

The B'Burn was good but the Legia game was horrendous.

Rohit

Established Member
USArsenal said:
part of the problem with the way we defend is Al's lack of organization skills..

Possibly! On set-pieces though and not every goal we conceed on set pieces can be his fault.

He can't also be blamed for someone losing possession in the middle of the pitch, one of our central defenders believing they are a striker and our central midfielders sleeping.

lagos

Established Member
Y va marquer said:

I was just about to say in a different threrad that contrary to the view of most here I think this was actually a successful transfer window. People are focussing too much on a keeper and yes it would have been nice to get a keeper but a keeper is just a convinient scapegoat for our defensive problems.

There was nothing wrong with our defensive lineup last season and we've managed to replace our defense and add a striker. but then the problems last season wasn't the people in defense but the way we defended. As far as I am concerned it's more of the same.

The only thing that worries me about our goalkeeping situation is that we are an injury away fron Fabianski, but for that not getting Schwartzer is not the end of the world!

Y va marquer

Established Member
Don

I don't count the Legia game - that was an aberration even for us!

Thought our defence coped well with the BB "aerial bombardment" - I would say that faced with the same last season our defence would have conceded within 10 minutes.

ricky1985

Established Member
Don Pacifico said:
Y va marquer said:

What would suggest otherwise?

The B'Burn was good but the Legia game was horrendous.
That's a strange thing to say, Don.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup

Latest posts

Top Bottom