• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mark Schwarzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Pacifico

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
Legia = friendly = inadmissible evidence

Well hopefully it's not a worrying premonition of what's to come. As I said, B'Burn was very positive but although the defensive failings of our midfield were still achingly obvious.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Rohit said:
USArsenal said:
part of the problem with the way we defend is Al's lack of organization skills..

Possibly! On set-pieces though and not every goal we conceed on set pieces can be his fault.

He can't also be blamed for someone losing possession in the middle of the pitch, one of our central defenders believing they are a striker and our central midfielders sleeping.
no, of course not Rohit.. not every goal is Al's fault, but lets say Al was at fault for 7 goals last year (could be more).. that would have brought us down to 34 conceded (second best to Chelsea's 32).. that probably also would have given us a good 7 to 8 points more.. we certainly would have been within a shout of the league at the end of the day (and maybe we dont melt down so easily)

just sayin'

fabo

6.51 / 10
F**king disgusting.

Wenger deserves the bullet if we end up trophyless. Yet another transfer window failure.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
lagos said:
I was just about to say in a different threrad that contrary to the view of most here I think this was actually a successful transfer window. People are focussing too much on a keeper and yes it would have been nice to get a keeper but a keeper is just a convinient scapegoat for our defensive problems.
it was a success in terms of our defenders.. but part of any defense is a 'keeper.. part of a 'keepers duties are to organize his defense.. this is something else Al is poor at..

we're not focusing too much on a keeper, that's where our focus has to be since we replaced our defenders, we didnt need to focus on that anymore.. would have been nice to get another DM/CM as well, but we really needed a new keeper.. (just about everyone in the world could see that, except Wenger of course)

Goonereagle

WHat is also annoyin' is when Stoke, Brum and the **** are linked with players above their weight, and even achieve (via loan or transfer) these player and we can't even get a 36 year old keeper from Fulham.

Pies

Goonereagle said:
WHat is also annoyin' is when Stoke, Brum and the **** are linked with players above their weight, and even achieve (via loan or transfer) these player and we can't even get a 36 year old keeper from Fulham.
True. Not as if we are trying to get Lionel Messi or something, just a competent GK. Really f'd this up.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Goonereagle said:
37 years old (almost 38).. even worse :evil:

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Goonereagle made a superb point.

AW was so close to getting an A for this summer, too bad he failed to bring in the most important position and ended up a C-

fabo

6.51 / 10
I'm absolutely livid about this. Disgusted with Wenger.

Have to look at that Spanish ****** for the rest of the season. Single-handedly cost us numerous points last season and effectively a better chance at the title, yet starts the season as captain.

qs

Established Member
Clrnc said:
Goonereagle made a superb point.

AW was so close to getting an A for this summer, too bad he failed to bring in the most important position and ended up a C-

These exam score things are ridiculous.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Mark Hughes is delighted to have kept Mark Schwarzer at Fulham on a frantic transfer deadline day.

The Australia international was the subject of interest from Arsenal throughout the summer, with both parties making it clear that they would like to reach an agreement.

However, Fulham refused to waver from their stance that the experienced goalkeeper would be going nowhere unless a suitable replacement was found.

With no incomings at Craven Cottage on Tuesday, Schwarzer remains part of Hughes' plans and he is pleased to have retained a player of his considerable ability.

He told Sky Sports News: "We talked about Mark's situation on a number of occasions and ideally we wanted him to stay. We understood that there was an interest from Arsenal but given our current goalkeeping situation there was no chance of him leaving."

Reports suggested the Gunners had made one last attempt to prise Schwarzer away with a £4million bid, but Hughes insists no such offer was received.

"No, it didn't. There were two real strong enquiries but there was never a bid today,"
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_6351254,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 54,00.html</a>?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom