• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Market value of our players

johe

Gilberto could also command a high transfer fee, because he's permanent in his national squad, and plays very well for them.

A

Anonymous

lehman is worthless..
Aliadiere - 7?..too high for a player at his level...
i think niko kranjcar is far better than ali...

tbbosa

JazzG said:
If we don't take their contract length into consideration and the form we know they can reach

Lehmann - £2 mill
Lauren - £4mill
Sol - £15mill
Kolo - £10mill (will rise)
Ash - £12mill
Pires - £12mill
Gilberto - £5mill
Edu - £5 mill
Vieira - £50mill
Freddie - £10 mill
Henry - £100mill ;)
Wiltord - £3mill

And that my friend comes to approx. £ 230 Mill.

I asy lest sell the whole lot and build two Stadia..we can play the youngsters :p :D

godfather

lehmann - 2
toure - 9<<<<
cole - 12
campbell - 15
lauren - 4
ljungberg - 20
pires - 17
vieira - priceless
edu - 5
gilberto - 8
henry - priceless
wiltord - 5

namliam

In the current market (excluding Chelsea) I would think Wiltord, Lehmann, Kanu and Bergkamp are virtually worthless, especially the first two. One hasn't played in ages and the other has done nothing to improve his value. I would keep Lehmann to make speeches at the end of matches (like after Inter milan) and play Stuart Taylor..lol... if we lose the title by a close margin, it will be Lehmann's fault. Ppl are talking about a new striker or mf but the truth is we need a new gk...and gk's are never really that expensive...

Andrew

namliam said:
if we lose the title by a close margin, it will be Lehmann's fault.

Explain why that is? List a Premier League goal conceeded by us that Lehmann should have stopped.

And some faith you have. You're already blaming the goalkeeper if we lose the title by a close margin. So it will be all his fault will it?

Arsene

hmm Andrew it wasn't more than 2 weeks ago Lehmann made a howler. =)

There is no way to judge the values of players like Toure, Vieira and Henry because simply their is no precedent to follow. Players like Ash would fetch a far bit for a few reasons he's young, and he's an international.

The value of players can get greatly inflated if clubs like man utd, chelski, baraclona or madrid get involved.

Gunner4life09

lehmann 2.5million
toure 6million (will rise in the near future)
cole 10 million
campbell 12 million
lauren 4.5million
ljungberg 14million
pires 15million
vieira 40-60 million
edu 4 million
gilberto 5 million
henry priceless
wiltord 4-5 million

rachael-8

tikuih said:
lehman is worthless..

how can you say he is worthless,i think lehmann is worth at least 4/5 million now hes been great since he arrived. the only faults i can pick out are the ones in the cl but ive forgotten about them now and am really looking forward to the rest of this season
lehmann has really boosted our defence this season, and i feel so much more confident with him in goal. i dont think he's dodgy on crosses, his catch rate is 93% here and was 94% at dortmund
hes conceded 14 goals in 21 games in the pl which is joint top with howard at manure.
so i think he's worth something.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
namliam said:
... if we lose the title by a close margin, it will be Lehmann's fault.

thats a horrible thing to say. IMO Lehmann has not conceded a goal that he could have saved and IF we lose the title (which were not going to do) we can not blame it on one player.

Football is not like tennis, we play as a team, when we lose we lose as a team, we do not single out players because of their faults. Wenger would have never blame one player from last season after we lost the title and IF its happens again this season he we not blame anyone.

Learn from Wenger and learn and display the true Arsenal spirit

JazzG

Established Member
rachael-8 said:
tikuih said:
lehman is worthless..

how can you say he is worthless,i think lehmann is worth at least 4/5 million now hes been great since he arrived. the only faults i can pick out are the ones in the cl but ive forgotten about them now and am really looking forward to the rest of this season
lehmann has really boosted our defence this season, and i feel so much more confident with him in goal. i dont think he's dodgy on crosses, his catch rate is 93% here and was 94% at dortmund
hes conceded 14 goals in 21 games in the pl which is joint top with howard at manure.
so i think he's worth something.

He is a troll who is trying to wind people up, ignore him.

Rupert

Explain why that is? List a Premier League goal conceeded by us that Lehmann should have stopped.

I am not anti-Lehmann at all but that Viduka incident was hideous :/ At the boro game it was so tense everytime he controlled the ball. He has been brilliant otherwise, made some FANTASTIC saves and if we didnt win the title it would be unreasonable to blame it on him entirely.

A

Anonymous

i've heard that lehman has scored a goal when he played at bundesliga...
so, arsenal has 1st eleven player that has capability to score goalsl...

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson
Top Bottom