• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Markus Schubert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
From looking at the thread, most people were intrigued by his arrival actually.

If so, maybe the same people should find this one intriguing. I keep hearing that Arsenal should be bringing in young players who have a chance to develop into top players, but it seems that unless the young player already costs a lot of money and is fawned over in the media, they must not be any good. I just don't see how anyone could ridicule bringing in a German U-21 international goalkeeper with significant first team experience in 2 Bundesliga on a free transfer. But I guess people aren't happy if they can't b1tch.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
If so, maybe the same people should find this one intriguing. I keep hearing that Arsenal should be bringing in young players who have a chance to develop into top players, but it seems that unless the young player already costs a lot of money and is fawned over in the media, they must not be any good. I just don't see how anyone could ridicule bringing in a German U-21 international goalkeeper with significant first team experience in 2 Bundesliga on a free transfer. But I guess people aren't happy if they can't b1tch.
Tbh I think the scepticism arises from his height, hard to see a GK who's just 6' succeeding in the PL. On paper it's not a bad signing at all but GK is not an urgent need, I guarantee if an equivalent signing was being made at CB, winger or AM there would be more excitement.

Axel_Gunner

i dont think he is interested to be 2nd choice for Arsenal.
and i doubt he would join us for a loan.
i am sure he will end up at some other team in germany to get gametime and experience.

Gervais

Established Member
>Goalkeeper
>6 ft 0 in

a678727be2f23451.png

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

u23bischoff300.jpg

Another wonderkid. Remember when fans thought he was the next best thing.

:lol:

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Apparently already agreed to join VfB Stuttgart in 2. Bundesliga as new No. 1. The transfer hinges on Ron-Robert Zieler finding a new club and leaving, as Schubert apparently insists on being a starter.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Apparently already agreed to join VfB Stuttgart in 2. Bundesliga as new No. 1. The transfer hinges on Ron-Robert Zieler finding a new club and leaving, as Schubert apparently insists on being a starter.
You mean you getting him on loan? or buying him?

Toby

You mean you getting him on loan? or buying him?

Last I heard (about a week ago) he'd directly sign with VfB. Coming via loan from Arsenal is news to me.

Also doubt Stuttgart would be interested in that, as it would mean having to sign another starting goalie next summer or the summer after. They'd want him on a permanent deal or not at all, I'd say.

And I also can't see how Schubert would be interested in it. He's tricked Dresden into giving him a guaranteed starting spot by saying he'd extend, then didn't extend because he wants to join a bigger club. Now he's apparently insisting on being a set starter again which is why Zieler leaving seems to be the crunch factor in Schubert's transfer to Stuttgart. Due to that I can't see him joining Arsenal, even with getting loaned out for a while, to end up being No. 2 behind a 27 year old Bernd Leno who might play another decade.

Toby

Apparently Arsenal are only interested in him because Mislintat was scouting him when he was still here:lol:

Absolute clowns at this club, from top to bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The biggest things in life have been achieved by people who, at the start, we would have judged crazy. And yet if they had not had these crazy ideas the world would have been more stupid.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom