• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Marquinhos of São Paulo FC

Status
Not open for further replies.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
All those screaming corruption really don't have a clue. Mr Auditor is now a permanent fixture at the club having seen of Raul - nothing will be done without several people running their eye over things.

The player had a flawed contract. Wolves thought they could get him on a technicality. We paid a small fee to get the player ahead of Wolves, and to avoid a potential legal battle with the club - not to mention exploiting a contractual technicality to get a freebie would damage not only the relationship with the specific club, but would go down very badly in Brazil with a number of clubs. This way we get to be the good guys, the club in Brazil get to save face, and crucially, we get the player before Wolves.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

All those screaming corruption really don't have a clue. Mr Auditor is now a permanent fixture at the club having seen of Raul - nothing will be done without several people running their eye over things.

The player had a flawed contract. Wolves thought they could get him on a technicality. We paid a small fee to get the player ahead of Wolves, and to avoid a potential legal battle with the club - not to mention exploiting a contractual technicality to get a freebie would damage not only the relationship with the specific club, but would go down very badly in Brazil with a number of clubs. This way we get to be the good guys, the club in Brazil get to save face, and crucially, we get the player before Wolves.

You are a gimp, Vinai.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Sorry, but the bolded is pretty much a non issue and cutting it pretty close to being absolute bull. Can't make it anymore clearer than I already have on how Brasilian clubs do not care about that.

Arsenal is not even a big brand here. We're a strong online presence, but that's just Arsenal fandom as a whole.

There's a bunch of European clubs that are seen much more favourably (currently AND historically) than us and that's just facts. It comes with the territory of not having many top tier Brasilians playing for us and the one that did was basically a defensive midfielder during our last golden era.

El Duderino

FFS we're a country that literally pays off other teams win bonuses if it helps them escape relegation or get some cup places, we call it Mala Branca (White Briefcase).

Imagine Man United giving us a win incentive if we beat Chelsea and it helps them qualify for something.

Anything goes here, we have clubs that have gone from our third division straight into the Seria A (Fluminense, for those wondering) just because :lol:

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
FFS we're a country that literally pays off other teams win bonuses if it helps them escape relegation or get some cup places, we call it Mala Branca (White Briefcase).

Imagine Man United giving us a win incentive if we beat Chelsea and it helps them qualify for something.

Anything goes here, we have clubs that have gone from our third division straight into the Seria A (Fluminense, for those wondering) just because :lol:
The "Mala Branca" 🤣🤣🤣

Never heard of that before, whenever it's got a label though, you know that **** is happening loads!

El Duderino

The "Mala Branca" 🤣🤣🤣

Never heard of that before, whenever it's got a label though, you know that **** is happening loads!

I mean it's openly discussed by managers and executives?

It's one of those things like the shirt swapping, you lot with your pashun care about it, we see it as a way to get cool collectables.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

What does a flawed contract mean? It’s either legal contract or illegal contract which means void contract. But when Raul was here and people said we act dodgy we would be told, this is Arsenal. We do things the right way. Looking at Edu, the guy screams dodgy. He was very close to Kia after all

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I mean it's openly discussed by managers and executives?

It's one of those things like the shirt swapping, you lot with your pashun care about it, we see it as a way to get cool collectables.
I wasn't being sarcastic actually, found it genuinely funny and a little shocking. It's one of those little insights into other cultures that makes reading AM quite interesting.

El Duderino

I wasn't being sarcastic actually, found it genuinely funny and a little shocking. It's one of those little insights into other cultures that makes reading AM quite interesting.

OH, I know and I didn't mean it like an offense or anything like that, just adding more to it. Apologies if it sounded like I was having a go at you.

Romário literally played for every big rio team and people just didn't care.

There has been a small push towards clubs being run more proffesionnaly, but it's still very much "get elected president and spend loads of money and let the next guy take care of the mess".

Even with new legislation that allows clubs to be seen as companies in order to sell them to the Saudis or any other rich billionaire, we're well away from turning down money because a club took a player on a free.

El Duderino

Fun fact, the black briefcase is when there's match fixing.

That one is never talked about openly of course.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

We haven't done anything dodgy in this instance.
Nothing has been determined. We haven’t even signed the player. All we doing is reacting to a report we read and most thing it sounds iffy. Time will tell

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Sorry, but the bolded is pretty much a non issue and cutting it pretty close to being absolute bull. Can't make it anymore clearer than I already have on how Brasilian clubs do not care about that.

Arsenal is not even a big brand here. We're a strong online presence, but that's just Arsenal fandom as a whole.

There's a bunch of European clubs that are seen much more favourably (currently AND historically) than us and that's just facts. It comes with the territory of not having many top tier Brasilians playing for us and the one that did was basically a defensive midfielder during our last golden era.

I totally agree with your 2nd and 3rd paragraph, but the first contradicts what I have been told by others over there.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Looking at the videos of him, you gotta feel he looks like a nothing player. Not dynamic, not fast, not quick in acceleration, not particularly good in dribbles, looks super weak, no other outstanding attributes..

What the heck does Edu bring us ?
It is certainly not his mastermind we wanted, since even his interviews showcase that he's not the brightest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom