• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: Öde To Joy

Will Ødegaard get over 10 G/A in the Premier League this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
We need to bench ESR for some games. He cant play every single game. Tbh, I thought Ødegaard would start vs Villa. Plenty of mins for them both!
I hope so. But I would only bench ESR for Ødegaard where it is clear ESR can benefit from a rest and is aware of it. It would send out the completely wrong signals if a boy who's only really broken into the first team in the last couple of months were to become second fiddle to a loan player who may leave in four months time.

It would be very interesting to see if they can play in the same team (don't see why not) and, if so and he delivers, that would make a long-term signing of Ødegaard a more attractive prospect.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I hope so. But I would only bench ESR for Ødegaard where it is clear ESR can benefit from a rest and is aware of it. It would send out the completely wrong signals if a boy who's only really broken into the first team in the last couple of months were to become second fiddle to a loan player who may leave in four months time.

It would be very interesting to see if they can play in the same team (don't see why not) and, if so and he delivers, that would make a long-term signing of Ødegaard a more attractive prospect.

Agree. he's not here to replace ESR. They can definitely play together. Arteta had them both on the pitch vs Villa for 25 mins. Arteta may decide ESR doesnt need a rest today and both could play. Possibly Ødegaard next to Xhaka with ESR as the 10. Well know in about 20 mins!

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Was pretty good imo for his age and first start. Was composed and linked play nicely, holds up the ball very well

Legend14

Established Member
Was pretty good imo for his age and first start. Was composed and linked play nicely, holds up the ball very well
Agreed. His close control under pressure was needed against Leeds. Good to see him get playing time. We had three on the pitch who are very confident on the ball.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He interesting player a player that Wenger used to buy a midfield with great touch and pass and move players i hope we keep giving him chances it's his full game today against villa was decent too so its promising start

blaze_of_glory

Good game today, he already looks pretty comfortable out there. He moves about the pitch quite differently than ESR, they are not really similar players imo and was good to see them playing together already.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Needs a decent few games here, with Zidane to keep his job. We should be able to grab this guy and Ceballos come summer.

Reckon there’s a remontada coming for them in the CL tbf.

Atlanta look leaky af this year.

Zaza

In an ideal world, we get him or another AM(Aouar, De Paul, etc) AND someone like Grealish.
He's shown the type of AM we need in midfield.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Very interesting passer, had a quality disguised through ball in the second half which Xhaka was too slow to get onto.

He will play a big part for us in the upcoming games I feel

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Ødegaard and ESR should make the attacking midfield position sorted for 5 next year's at least still we need to see how Ødegaard will preform against teams with deep defensive line it's the ultimate test for attacking mid because if he can open them up he'll basically can do anything

Bloodbather

Established Member

Cheers man. Imagine cancelling Luis Suarez’ contract so he can go to a huge rival and put them over the top.

Barcelona are peak Banter FC.

David Villa 2.0.

Needs a decent few games here, with Zidane to keep his job. We should be able to grab this guy and Ceballos come summer.

Both would be good moves if a cut price deal is possible. Being familiar with the team is an important plus.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Absolutely love this, we've really missed someone with this ability in the middle of the park. First of all like how aggressive he is trying to win the ball, then his touch, control, retention of the ball and then the ability to play the pass and get things going again. I worried he did too much by taking the ball backwards, but realised he wasn't Ceballos and his quick pass across got the move going again. Superb stuff.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

Seem he already like staying and get stability depend on real madrid if the asking price is around 30m euros we should go for him he very talented attacking mid him and ESR could be our future attacking mid for years to come

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
Seem he already like staying and get stability depend on real madrid if the asking price is around 30m euros we should go for him he very talented attacking mid him and ESR could be our future attacking mid for years to come

Asking price would be 60, 70m euros with Zidane.... with a new manager he is unsellable probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom