• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard

Would you be happy with signing him on loan?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't have much hope for him doing anything interesting in the next 6 months. But if there is an option then it could be a promising deal.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Impressive me about him that he very good with both his feets don't lose the ball easily he can pass the ball between 2 center backs he does look a modern number 10 his all round game is good. Him and ESR would be massive help.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Don't you think they did? They'd already decided that Özil wasn't going to be a part of the season. Willian could be claimed to be meant to provide that creativity but he hasn't really been tried in midfield or at AM so it's hard to see that it was actually the plan. So where was creativity going to come from? I think Aouar declined us so who was going to provide creativity/link midfield and attack? There was still time to sign Buendia and relatively cheaply as well... Ofc it's a bit of Captain Hindsight and I'm not really unhappy with Edu, think the jury's out still.

Ödegaard is brilliant business, but one has to question whether this was actually part of their plan they had going into January.
I'm not here to change people's opinions. Some seem fairly set in stone and that's upto them. They don't like Arteta.

Me and I apologise if this turns into a long post, it's something I have tried to refrain from for a while, a new years resolution. . Arteta came in and said these are my rules, you do it or don't. You do it good. Some players choose not to follow. In your job if you do that you'll be out. Arteta either can look weak and let it slide, in turn indangering the rest of the camp who see zero consequences for breaking rules. Or he follows through. He followed through. That's a good thing. It shows strength and courage regardless of who you are you do as requested.

As for players. We were by all informed insiders/pundits after Aouar or Partey. Aouar may have facilited a change to 433 sooner as he could occupy the 10 role, potentially. Partey is not a 10. So we start with the 343 which we finished with. That's fine. Partey slots in, we have creativity from out wide the Pepe, Willian, Saka and so on. Partey is injured and the 343 doesn't click as well as it did last season. So we look at another solutiob

Upstep 433 with Esr. Now the cynics out there will say there was no plan. Id as above say differently. We opted for Partey and continuation of what worked well last season with the idea is transitioning to 433 once we recruited the 10. It just happens we found the solution internally with Esr.

Do I think people have been over cynically and see nearly everything has confirmation of thjeir cynicism yes. It's known as confirmation bias. Anyway, I apologise for the long post.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
ezgif-3-aef03e5d05ec.gif

"I actually meant 12-18 minutes"

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Sounds great to me. We can keep giving ESR as much minutes as possible for his development, and Ødegaard will get minutes automatically too with all the games we have. And Ødegaard is a good backup if ESR has bad run of form.

It's not a bad thing either that Ødegaard is in Arsenal for a while, if he can't make it in Real later. He might want to come back permanently.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Sounds great to me. We can keep giving ESR as much minutes as possible for his development, and Ødegaard will get minutes automatically too with all the games we have. And Ødegaard is a good backup if ESR has bad run of form.

It's not a bad thing either that Ødegaard is in Arsenal for a while, if he can't make it in Real later. He might want to come back permanently.
I dont know....Ødegaard is way more rated talent. lets see how it pans out. But on paper Ødegaard is recognized crack. Emile Smith Rowe is local talent

benjamin86

Established Member
I'm not here to change people's opinions. Some seem fairly set in stone and that's upto them. They don't like Arteta.

Me and I apologise if this turns into a long post, it's something I have tried to refrain from for a while, a new years resolution. . Arteta came in and said these are my rules, you do it or don't. You do it good. Some players choose not to follow. In your job if you do that you'll be out. Arteta either can look weak and let it slide, in turn indangering the rest of the camp who see zero consequences for breaking rules. Or he follows through. He followed through. That's a good thing. It shows strength and courage regardless of who you are you do as requested.

As for players. We were by all informed insiders/pundits after Aouar or Partey. Aouar may have facilited a change to 433 sooner as he could occupy the 10 role, potentially. Partey is not a 10. So we start with the 343 which we finished with. That's fine. Partey slots in, we have creativity from out wide the Pepe, Willian, Saka and so on. Partey is injured and the 343 doesn't click as well as it did last season. So we look at another solutiob

Upstep 433 with Esr. Now the cynics out there will say there was no plan. Id as above say differently. We opted for Partey and continuation of what worked well last season with the idea is transitioning to 433 once we recruited the 10. It just happens we found the solution internally with Esr.

Do I think people have been over cynically and see nearly everything has confirmation of thjeir cynicism yes. It's known as confirmation bias. Anyway, I apologise for the long post.
In Arteta's first few games at AFC we started 4-3-3 before changing to 3-4-3, definitely seems that 4-3-3 is Arteta's preferred formation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom