• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard

Would you be happy with signing him on loan?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I'm not here to change people's opinions. Some seem fairly set in stone and that's upto them. They don't like Arteta.

Me and I apologise if this turns into a long post, it's something I have tried to refrain from for a while, a new years resolution. . Arteta came in and said these are my rules, you do it or don't. You do it good. Some players choose not to follow. In your job if you do that you'll be out. Arteta either can look weak and let it slide, in turn indangering the rest of the camp who see zero consequences for breaking rules. Or he follows through. He followed through. That's a good thing. It shows strength and courage regardless of who you are you do as requested.

As for players. We were by all informed insiders/pundits after Aouar or Partey. Aouar may have facilited a change to 433 sooner as he could occupy the 10 role, potentially. Partey is not a 10. So we start with the 343 which we finished with. That's fine. Partey slots in, we have creativity from out wide the Pepe, Willian, Saka and so on. Partey is injured and the 343 doesn't click as well as it did last season. So we look at another solutiob

Upstep 433 with Esr. Now the cynics out there will say there was no plan. Id as above say differently. We opted for Partey and continuation of what worked well last season with the idea is transitioning to 433 once we recruited the 10. It just happens we found the solution internally with Esr.

Do I think people have been over cynically and see nearly everything has confirmation of thjeir cynicism yes. It's known as confirmation bias. Anyway, I apologise for the long post.
Yeah that's fair. I'm not Arteta out. Started to turn on him after continuing playing Willian, Xhaka et al whilst on a bad run not only results wise but also in terms of chances created etc. But now he's showed faith in younger players (ESR) and found a way to better utilize Saka I'm all good with him. The importance for the club right now is continuity.

I think that creativity, playing patterns and chance creation is the sticking point for me. That Arteta and Edu should've identified that creativity from the wings wasn't enough and when Aouar fell through (especially if did indeed reject us) acted on it. Arteta brought defensive stability last year which was great, but we lacked fluidity and speed of transition (except for when Özil was playing before lockdown) . So imo they should've pushed for someone else/had a backup plan once Aouar fell through.

So all in all, I'm very happy with where we're at, but I think there's definitely an argument to be made that could and should have done more in terms of playmaking ability in teh squad in the summer. That was all I meant with the shat the bad etc

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Helps when one can siphon off billions that should be being spent on roads, schools and hospitals, and the other is owned by a multibillionaire who needed a UK football club as an assassination insurance scheme. We know Kroenke's rich, but most of his cash is tied up in non fluid assets (or is actually his wife's!). City literally have unlimited cash, and Chelsea have had nearly £2bn put in by the owner who basically stole vast swathes of national industry.
I despise both clubs and what they stand for. (though at least City's fans tend to be a good bunch, unlike the old NF neanderthal chavs at Stamford Bridge)

I'm always wary of saying this billionaire is worse than that billionaire, I mean by definition if you're a billionaire I'd say your moral integrity has already been forfeited many times over. But yes, Chelsea fans' happy unblemished memories of glory and trophies is all built on over a billion pounds of money stolen from the Russian people who suffer through life conditions far below those cosy lives of Chelsea fans in Surrey. Their ignorance of it even after nearly 20 years is laughable.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I dont know....Ødegaard is way more rated talent. lets see how it pans out. But on paper Ødegaard is recognized crack. Emile Smith Rowe is local talent

What do you mean? Of course Arteta plays the player who performs better, if there is a clear difference.

Otherwise he plays ESR because he has a long-term contract here, unless he needs rest for his development and to avoid injuries.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

What do you mean? Of course Arteta plays the player who performs better, if there is a clear difference.

Otherwise he plays ESR because he has a long-term contract here, unless he needs rest for his development and to avoid injuries.
Ødegaard isnt brought over here to be backup. if thats the case our chances of signing him will be dead. he will start when he comes. Obviously if he isnt performing and he isnt what we think then we will bench him. but he starts straight away

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

@Sebastes we will have to agree to disagree on signing another player just for the sake of it. I've seen that movie Perez the star man alongside Mustafi. You don't get your man you don't get him. Be patient and wait. So far I think it's worked out. Esr has broke through and we look to be getting a very highly regarded player in on a short term basis. It gives us 6 months to prepare. And that's the litmus test in my eyes. What we do next.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Ødegaard isnt brought over here to be backup. if thats the case our chances of signing him will be dead. he will start when he comes. Obviously if he isnt performing and he isnt what we think then we will bench him. but he starts straight away

Well that's what I have basically said. Arteta will play the player who performs best, to get results.

But he will favour ESR naturally if it comes to that, not a loan player developing for another club.

We don't have a huge chance of signing him permanently if Zidane is gone in the summer, or otherwise either. Can't let that affect things.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

In 6 months time I think the landscape will be completely different than it is now. Players will have established themselves and others will naturally move on. Just because we think we need a 10 today doesn't mean we will need one in 6 months. It may be that we actually need a partner for Partey after Ceballos and possibly Elneny move on.

I'm very much in favour of this move. It's a sensible move all things considered. Good quality player with maximum flexibility to reassess what is actually required going forward.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Always great to see an FM wonderkid at The Arsenal!

That's what I like most about this, a genuine wonderkid at The Arsenal. It's what I call a unicorn signing, a player you don't even imagine you'd see at your club. Özil was also a unicorn signing. Who knows how it'll turn out, but it gets you dreaming, that's enough for me.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
In 6 months time I think the landscape will be completely different than it is now. Players will have established themselves and others will naturally move on. Just because we think we need a 10 today doesn't mean we will need one in 6 months. It may be that we actually need a partner for Partey after Ceballos and possibly Elneny move on.

I'm very much in favour of this move. It's a sensible move all things considered. Good quality player with maximum flexibility to reassess what is actually required going forward.
Its very much possible too that Ødegaard turns into the perfect partner for Partey but I'm guessing the outcome to be shaping up into a 3 man midfield with Partey in the middle and Ødegaard cutting in from his so we go after Buendia in the summer for the left side to rotate with ESR and Bissouma or someone of that profile as Partey's back up. Ceballos, Xhaka, Elneny and Guendouzi all moving on to finance that plan.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Better than Buendia at least...

Spot on, I am happy with Ødegaard tbf he has proven at Real Sociedad he is ready to play at a good level. and he is only 22. I hope he can find his rhytm in the EPL and we might consider him in the summer. I would splash the cash on him. This will mean the end of Willian or Pepe though. hope its Willian.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Pepearticle.jpg

...when you are looking for a quality RW for Arsenal...

https://i2.wp.com/www.koptalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Martin-Ødegaard.jpg?resize=618%2C412

...and you finally find him!

This is gonna be a great signing:Celebration:

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Impressive me about him that he very good with both his feets don't lose the ball easily he can pass the ball between 2 center backs he does look a modern number 10 his all round game is good. Him and ESR would be massive help.

Yes i know its of the past but Cazorla-Özil tandem worked very well with distributing.
But i think Ødegaard will play as no10 with Xhaka-Partey behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom