• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard

Would you be happy with signing him on loan?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
As band aid signings go, this is a decent one. Anyone who can take game time from Willian and Ceballos is a plus for me.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Ah so you don't think Ødegaard is brainless then? Surprise Surprise.

Really forcing it, mate, shoehorning that one in there, as we say here.

Nope, I don't, I think he's quality and an intelligent footballer, much like other favourites of mine like Gabriel, Saka, Gnabry, Musah, Azeez, Thomas, etc. :)

The brain and personality and speed of processing of a footballer you can't teach, whether it's Xhaka or Pepe. I feel bad for you that you are so obsessed about making it about race, what with how beautiful and multicultural a sport football is.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

I have a hard time seeing that Arteta will play them too much together. We have many games and not many good AMF's.

Need to rotate ESR & Ødegaard especially with both having had injury worries.

Good move then, looks like he'll be good competition at the very least but he's not going on loan to sit on the bench.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Really forcing it, mate, shoehorning that one in there, as we say here.

Nope, I don't, I think he's quality and an intelligent footballer, much like other favourites of mine like Gabriel, Saka, Gnabry, Musah, Azeez, Thomas, etc. :)
mmhm.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Yeah, that's true, it's one of the reasons he wasn't able to get any continuity or get off the ground here in Madrid.

Anyways,

Thomas-Ceballos
Saka-Ødegaard-ESR (fluid)
Auba

*heart eyes whatsapp emoji*
It's probably the only formation I would see Auba getting back to his level. Not sure how ESR would perform on the wing though, but it's worth giving it a go

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Haha mate you're talking about a player that showed such quality last season for a big club in a big league that all of Europe wanted him, and the biggest team in Europe made a big effort to bring him back a year earlier than agreed. That it didn't work out in a tumultuous time for the biggest club in the world and he never got off the ground in the first few months with a manager who has a real loyalty to the old guard, well, that can happen.

Decent back up to Smith Rowe signs pretty hilarious given those facts, say that anywhere outside an Arsenal forum and it's just laughter.

(Again, with the caveat I rate Smith Rowe quite highly, and am overjoyed at the idea of seeing him in the same lineup with Ødegaard)

Ah yes the mighty Real Sociedad, why did I notice sooner?

Guy can't even get a game at Real going up against guys well into their 30s but I'm meant to have a song and dance about him? Sounds like a hype job.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
If I said he'd be back up for Saka I can only imagine how long the post would have been instead.

I rate the hell out of Saka, lol, what are you on about? One of my first posts here was raving about him after he gave that assist with his right in a game last spring (forget which), comparing his capacity for making always the right decision in the final third to that of Gnabry's. And I'm always raving about his performances in his thread...honestly confused here.

You guys are really that sour about me not rating Pepe that you're going to make these insinuations about someone whose two great footballing obsessions in the last decades have been Abou Diaby and Serge Gnabry? Really strange, honestly.

It's probably the only formation I would see Auba getting back to his level. Not sure how ESR would perform on the wing though, but it's worth giving it a go

ESR is a great fit for that inverted attacking midfielder position on the left, he was formed mostly in that position in the academy and for England inferior categories (we've seen him play there a great bit). He's great at taking up positions in the channels (as we've seen). Anyways, that 3 should be beautiful and entirely fluid, with Ødegaard perfectly capable of coming in from the right, ESR drifting into the centre, and Saka to the left. I don't want to see Saka only on the left though, a) because I love the creativity it allows him cutting in from the right facing the game and b) because I think it works well to have a right footer cutting in to allow Tierney, a major creative force for us, to overlap him.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Ah yes the mighty Real Sociedad, why did I notice sooner?

Guy can't even get a game at Real going up against guys well into their 30s but I'm meant to have a song and dance about him? Sounds like a hype job.

True. If he was called Martin Owen and played for Burnley last year would the hype be there?

Have to ask these questions.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
On redcafe they are talking about his persistant knee injuries. Is there any truth to this ?

From last summer:
"Ødegaard has been suffering from patellar tendinopathy aka jumper's knee. He's been dealing with the injury since October (!) and has even played with pain."

I believe his form dipped since then. Concerning.
Not good if true. Certainly it must not be that concerning if we’re still signing him... but of course we have a history...

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
Loan without option to buy is a failure by default. What is the ****ing point? I can’t mention one “simple loan” in the history of Arsenal being a good idea. Ceballos was only good for a month or two.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I rate the hell out of Saka, lol, what are you on about? One of my first posts here was raving about him after he gave that assist with his right in a game last spring (forget which), comparing his capacity for making always the right decision in the final third to that of Gnabry's. And I'm always raving about his performances in his thread...honestly confused here.

You guys are really that sour about me not rating Pepe that you're going to make these insinuations about someone whose two great footballing obsessions in the last decades have been Abou Diaby and Serge Gnabry? Really strange, honestly.

This is the equivalent of 'I'm not racist some of my best friends are black', very suspicious.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Good move then, looks like he'll be good competition at the very least but he's not going on loan to sit on the bench.

My point has always been that he will sit on the bench if he doesn't perform well enough (not a big worry of course for anyone). But also that there are enough games and we lacking AMF's, that he will get many games no matter what.

He can't do **** if Arteta benched him because of bad performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom