• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard

Would you be happy with signing him on loan?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
don't think Arteta is much better with young attacking talent.

Arteta has kept Saka's development going, ESR is starting into get into the team too, plus Eddie has played a lot for us (though he looks quite far behind the other 2)

Think this is a little harsh.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

As for Ødegaard, it's exciting I have to admit. Not the profile I was expecting to rotate with ESR though but not necessarily a bad thing.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Think he’ll need time to adjust. Rather we just sign him, develop him and build the team around him.

The whole point is there isn't enough money in the pot to sign anyone right now. Especially not Ødegaard who would comfortably cost around £30M maybe even more.

This is a good opportunity to get him in, even if he needs time to adapt we'd still see if he was up to the league or not physically and if he has quality on the ball that we've been lacking.

We're being clever here, Ryan and Ødegaard will have a year left on their deals in June. So signing Ødegaard in the summer if he impresses would be much easier than signing him outright now.

say yes

forum master baiter
This is a weird one if there’s no option.

He’s a big talent who will be coming here to play (once he’s adapted). However, I don’t see how he can fit into the same team as Saka and ESR given that he’s a AM / RW.

If we’re not keeping him, why give him minutes ahead of those two youngsters who are in great form?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
tumblr_nsvviiPssz1terwlso1_1280.gif

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

We're being clever here, Ryan and Ødegaard will have a year left on their deals in June. So signing Ødegaard in the summer if he impresses would be much easier than signing him outright now.

Ødegaard's contract with Real is until 2023. Still not bad, if he didn't make an extension like Ceballos once when he came.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Him being a left footer is a big advantage. It opens up that angle for the ball between fullback and CB for Auba. Lets hope he can replicate his La Liga form for us. Having a firing Ødegaard and fully fit Partey for the second half of the season is a big injection of quality into the team.

drippin

This is a weird one if there’s no option.

He’s a big talent who will be coming here to play (once he’s adapted). However, I don’t see how he can fit into the same team as Saka and ESR given that he’s a AM / RW.

If we’re not keeping him, why give him minutes ahead of those two youngsters who are in great form?

Do you understand the need for rotation especially for young players? And in this tough season?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Arteta has kept Saka's development going, ESR is starting into get into the team too, plus Eddie has played a lot for us (though he looks quite far behind the other 2)

Think this is a little harsh.
Saka and ESR have grown up here and are playing with childhood friends it's very different. He gave ESR a start and he ran with it and he's only a handful of games in.

I credit Arteta for giving him the chance, but that's where it ends for me. Saka has had some of the most minutes played in the squad even prior to Arteta coming.

I will be watching Martin's time here under Arteta with great interest.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Think he’ll need time to adjust. Rather we just sign him, develop him and build the team around him.

They don't want to sell and we don't have the money. Not really any transfer this window so it's this or nothing really

drippin

Yeah of course I do. But we’re still going to have a first choice option who starts.

Who are you dropping out of Ode, Saka and ESR?

Out of Ode & ESR the one will play less who performs worse. But all will play a lot still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom