• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Match Ratings Boro 2 -1 Arsenal

Voldemort

Established Member
* Manuel Almunia
* Emmanuel Eboue
* Theo Walcott 60
* Kolo Toure
* Gael Clichy
* William Gallas
* Bacary Sagna
* Lassana Diarra
* Denilson 60
* Gilberto
* Tomas Rosicky
* Eduardo
* Nicklas Bendtner 45
* Emmanuel Adebayor

Subs not used

* Jens Lehmann
* Philippe Senderos
For Lobby

sabret00the

Established Member
someone move this to the lobby as requested and start a real ratings thread which is set out in a meaningful manner.

stiiphunn

Established Member
* Manuel Almunia 5
* Emmanuel Eboue 4.5
* Kolo Touré 3.5
* Gael Clichy 5
* William Gallas 5
* Bacary Sagna 5.5
* Lassana Diarra 4
* Gilberto 4
* Tomas Rosicky 5.5
* Eduardo 4
* Emmanuel Adebayor 4

Bendter: 5.5
Walcott: 4
Denilson: 5.5

qs

Established Member
* Manuel Almunia - 4
* Emmanuel Eboue - 5
* Theo Walcott 60 - 6
* Kolo Touré - 4
* Gael Clichy - 6
* William Gallas - 5
* Bacary Sagna - 6
* Lassana Diarra - 3
* Denilson 60 - 6
* Gilberto - 4
* Tomas Rosicky - 4
* Eduardo - 5
* Nicklas Bendtner 45 - 6
* Emmanuel Adebayor - 5

sesquioxide

qs said:
* Manuel Almunia - 4
* Emmanuel Eboue - 5
* Theo Walcott 60 - 6
* Kolo Touré - 4
* Gael Clichy - 6
* William Gallas - 5
* Bacary Sagna - 6
* Lassana Diarra - 3
* Denilson 60 - 6
* Gilberto - 4
* Tomas Rosicky - 4
* Eduardo - 5
* Nicklas Bendtner 45 - 6
* Emmanuel Adebayor - 5

Your ratings are spot on, qs. Maybe I will take a point off of Walcott. Denilson the man of the match for us. Wenger knew what Denilson could do because he did eventually put him on to save the game. He should have put him on earlier when his (apparent?) plan to nick a goal and then defend all game was all shot up when they scored within 10 minutes.

lagos

Established Member
* Manuel Almunia 5.5 ( I kow he could have done better on the pen but for a second game in a row I thought he was our best player)
* Emmanuel Eboue 4
* Kolo Touré 3
* Gael Clichy 5
* William Gallas 5
* Bacary Sagna 5
* Lassana Diarra 1
* Gilberto 1 - (for turning up)
* Tomas Rosicky 5
* Eduardo 4
* Emmanuel Adebayor 1 - our midfield has been making our attackers look poor but Ade needed no encouragement to be poor today, again he gets a point as a thanks for turning up

Bendter: 5
Denilson: 5

Wenger 0 he lost us this game

It's been the story of our last 3 games our attack and midfield in particular has been ****e and Wenger has been poor in player selection.

kamikaze80

Established Member
* Manuel Almunia 6
* Emmanuel Eboue 4
* Kolo Touré 4.5
* Gael Clichy 5
* William Gallas 6
* Bacary Sagna 6
* Lassana Diarra 3
* Gilberto 5
* Tomas Rosicky 4
* Eduardo 3
* Emmanuel Adebayor 4

Bendtner: 7
Denilson: 5.5

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Almunia - 5 - can't blame him on the second goal
Sagna - 5 - many misplaced passes upsetting the flow on the right
Toure - 6 - careless challenge on Ali
Gallas - 6 - Nervy in the first half then got better
Clichy - 5
Eboue - 5 - looked upset and lucky not getting two yellows
Diarra - 4 - Very poor
Gilberto - 4 - very poor
Rosicky - 6 - some hasty forward plays, sometimes stright into the Boro's gridlock
Eduardo - 4 - had a few touches in the first 20 minutes, then became anonymous again
Ade - 4 - very poor. Couldn't beat Woodgate as a targetman, and didn't know to move wide to suck Boro's CB out of position. Having Said that, Kolo's inaccurate long balls didn't help Ade either.

Subs:
Bendtner - 5 - often outnumbered and struggled
Walcott - 4 - ineffective. In one occasion, he should've shot after running past Boro's keeper rather than whipped a cross. (in comparison, Tuncay chose a tight angle shot and scored)
Denilson - 6 - did well in the linkup

Wenger - 4 - Theo on the left with Rosicky in the middle, today the team's left side was almost nonexistent

arsmile

Established Member
I know I said at half time that this was as bad as I have ever seen us play; I now realise that that was completely inaccurate- that was, by far, the very worse performance I had ever seen a team claiming to be arsenal play….and we were not out- muscled, as has been the case in the past, we were simply, out-played- pathetic

Almunia-5- ok….maybe should have done better on the penalty having got his hand there- but it is always harsh to critisize a gk for not saving a penalty- the award of it wasn’t his fault- he was sending aliadiy out-wide, and toure was an idiot- made a good save before the 2nd

Sagna-4- nothing…just nothing

Toure-2.5- I have never seen him defend this poorly, yeah he made about 2 good tackles, needlessly gave away a penalty, kept fowling, kept leaving the backline, whated freekicks, hoofed the ball nowhere

Galas-4.5- was a bit better than toure……but not good

Clichy-4.5- left exposed, defended competently, rubbish offensively- and clichy+set piece= goalkick

Eboue-5- did ok, slapped someone

Diarra-2- pathetic- did nothing but fowl

Gilberto-1.5- worse than diarra, looked as stiff as a corpse

Rosicky-4.5- he scored a pointless goal- otherwise anonymous

Eduardo-5.5- right, I guess this makes him my man-of-the-match unlucky to be subbed cos he was waaaaaay better than ade

Ade-1.75- when he plays like this…..we might as well be playing lehmann upfront, he diosent bother challenging for balls in the air, stands offside perennially, makes runs that we cant utalise, looks stroppy-

Bendtner-3- well nearly twice as good as ade, but still failed to make an impact and completely useless

Walcott-4- ran a bit….nothing else

Denilson-6- looked like he could run, pass and tackle- that puts him above the pathetic diarra and useless Gilberto- shouldve started given how poor CM was last time

For the record I think I was right about our loss at sevilla- it did damage our confidence and we have been useless ever since……the only player we didn’t rest then, was one of our most important- who got injured………..

i never thought I would say this, ever, at the start of the season- but boy- we need more options at CM………and upfront……and in defense…………………still happy with manual though…………………..

dutchMasta

Manuel Almunia - 6 (Not much wrong)
Bacary Sagna - 6 (On and off)
Kolo Touré - 4.5 (Long balls ruined all our attacks, and conceded a stupid peno early in game, better in 2nd)
William Gallas - 6 (Ok game by him)
Gael Clichy - 6 (Ok)
Emmanuel Eboue - 5 (Average, could've used Sagna's runs better, should've been sent off)
Lassana Diarra - 4.5 (Didn't do much, couldn't use his strength like before)
Gilberto - 4.5 (Continuing his poor form)
Tomas Rosicky - 6 (Average, scored a decent goal)
Eduardo - 5 (Not in the game at all, once again unfortunately)
Emmanuel Adebayor - 5 (Wasted a lot of good attacks with bad touches, and barely won any of the long ball headers)

Denilson 60 - 6 (Ok, brought some passing to team)
Nicklas Bendtner 45 - 6 (Ok, kept possession except 1st pass)
Theo Walcott 60 - 5.5 (Tried to attack, but lost possession)

I can not name a man of the match for our team, too hard.

Gurgen

Established Member
Almunia 5 - Not going to point out what he did wrong as it would be repeating myself. It happens eveyr other game.

Sagna 6 - Not his best game, can do much better.

Toure 5 - Looked very nervous in the first 15 minutes and played a lot of misplaced long balls.

Gallas 6 - Did ok, caught sleeping at times though.

Clichy 6 - Wasn't too bad, some decent crosses too.

Eboue 5 - Didn't do much apart from slapping someone.

Diarra 4 - ****ing woeful, and that's being mild.

Gilberto 6 - Thought he did well in the second half, played some good passes forward. Certainly the best CM out there.

Rosicky 6 - He was a threat but lacked end product, tried to go through the middle every time.

Eduardo 5 - Didn't get any service and the good things he did were quickly undone by Adebayor.

Ade 3 - Terrible. His worst game in a long time.

Denilson 6 - Stabilising influence. Should have started the game.

Bendtner 6 - See Denilson.

Theo 6 - Was a threat, good appearance from him.

nazo

Established Member
* Manuel Almunia 6
* Emmanuel Eboue 5
* Kolo Touré 5
* Gael Clichy 6
* William Gallas 6
* Bacary Sagna 6
* Lassana Diarra 5
* Gilberto 5
* Tomas Rosicky 6 (just for the goal)
* Eduardo 5
* Emmanuel Adebayor 1

Bendtner: 6
Walcott: 6
Denilson: 6

FrankArsenal

I think atleast Bendtner tried a lot harder than Ade. And like I said in the match topic: Toure pumping long balls to Ade is not our game. They were both clueless, clumsy and sloppy!

There one thing I'm happy about after this game: Everybody is not hard on Edu :) I think the guy is a real goal poacher but he isn't getting any service at all from Ade. Not today, not against Newcastle when he should have passed it to Edu... at the beginning of the season I thought coming to januari: Edu+RvP both be our best couple upfront. I think AW still thinks otherwise but he should really try Edu with RvP. And not RvP with Ade or Ade alone. RvP a passer and a second striker, Edu a real striker and someone who needs passes (not ade knock-ons) sounds the best natural combination to me.

That said, we could have won this game if Almunia stretched his arm and Denilson started. I'm down after the game but we're missing most our midfield plus our most talented striker... we could expect to lose a game in december.... but not against this lot..

OneProudGooner

Established Member
* Manuel Almunia 5

* Bacary Sagna 6
* Kolo Touré 5
* William Gallas 5
* Gael Clichy 5

* Emmanuel Eboue 5
* Theo Walcott 5
* Lassana Diarra 5
* Denilson 5.5
* Gilberto 6
* Tomas Rosicky 5

* Eduardo 5
* Nicklas Bendtner 45 6
* Emmanuel Adebayor 5

Defensively we were shaky attacking wise we were shocking goes to show when Gilberto was the best midfielder on the pitch not the best game he's ever had but when he got the ball he didn't give it away all the time like against Newcastle.
He was getting the ball alot in the second half, he's a defensive midfielder which goes to show how poor our attacking players were when he was forced to play more forward than deep.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
* Manuel Almunia 4
* Emmanuel Eboue 4
* Kolo Touré 4
* Gael Clichy 4
* William Gallas 5
* Bacary Sagna 6
* Lassana Diarra 4
* Gilberto 3
* Tomas Rosicky 4
* Eduardo 3
* Emmanuel Adebayor 4

Bendtner: 6
Walcott: 6
Denilson: 6

giuliob

5=average

Almunia - 5 The score could have been worse....
Sagna - 5
Toure - 3 Cost the first goal; and I'm tired of writing about his long balls forward.......Overall shabby performance....Tired?
Gallas - 4.5 The captain couldn't rally these troops no matter how hard he tried....Suspect at times...2nd goal?
Clichy - 4.5 Not confident to make some runs? Fatigue???
Eboue - 2- Can't anybody talk some sense into this guy?
Diarra - 3 - Wenger's error, this Diarra/Gilberto pairing
Gilberto 3 - Ditto
Rosicky 5 - Got tackled more than anybody; very nice goal.....
Eduardo - 4 He made the 1st decent play at the 12th minute....After that, not much.....
Ade - 3 But Ade disappointed me.....He was lackadaisical, careless, didn't seem to be in the game.......

Bendtner 6
Walcott 5
Denilson 6

The subs did bring some energy and spark....

Not a balanced effort by Howard Webb....
And I turned off the sound in the 2nd half so I wouldn't have to listen to Pleat....That inherent bias against Arsenal got to me......

Tactically, Southgate did his homework after watching the Newcastle game........Wenger chose the wrong pair to play in the middle together, although his early (for him) substitutions were sound.....Starting Denilson, would that have made a difference....Or Ade going off instead of Eduardo.....Or bringing in Denilson earlier..........It's one for the books now.....

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i think ratings here are a bit high... i see a lot of 5'sand 6's floating around for our starters...

Manuel Almunia - 5. was OK.. wasnt at his best, but wasnt the worst in our team
Emmanuel Eboue - 3.. pathetic display. no threat going forward, and shold have been sent off twice for being a tw*t...
Theo Walcott 60 - 4.5.. had one real chance, made the wrong decision.. at least he got in that position, which is more than most others in our team did today
Kolo Touré - 4.5.. by far his worst game this season.. between taking Ali down in the box, and all the stupid f*ing hoofs to Ade.....
Gael Clichy - 4.5... not a good game.. did nothing going forward, and got caught out a few times...
William Gallas - 5.... nothing was really his fault.. was a bit more solid than Toure today, but not his best either...
Bacary Sagna - 5... nothing overly poor, nothing overly great.. average display
Lassana Diarra - 3.5.... not surprising as he is not a good partner for Gilberto...
Denilson 60 - 5.5... we looked better after he came on.. nothing more I can say...
Gilberto - 2.5... was WORSE than Diarra today, and that is not easy... was gutless today.... this isnt about his game fitness, its his mentality...
Tomas Rosicky - 5.... tried his arse off, not much worked and he had no creative help.. and he scored (even thought it meant nothing)
Eduardo - 4... just couldnt get involved enough.. not all his failt, but our attack was terrible
Nicklas Bendtner 45 - 4.5... wasnt involved all that much.. a couple nice passes, but pretty ineffective for once...
Emmanuel Adebayor - 3.... ugh.. no control of the ball when it DID come to him, and he just cannot win a header... yes, he scored from one on Wednesday, but for all the hoofed balls up to him, he didnt win a single one.. his passing was woeful too...

IBL

Established Member
Almunia - 5 Dodgy
Sagna - 5 poor game from him
Touré - 4 Very uncharacterisitc performance
Gallas - 5 Steady but didnt help much
Clichy - 4.5 needs to cross with more conviction, poor decision making
Eboue - 3 useless
Diarra - 4 all over the shop
Gilberto 5 - sloppy
Rosicky 5 - nice goal bu ineffective
Eduardo - 4 anonymous
Ade - 3 worst game in ages

Bendtner 6 - added some composure and threat
Walcott 6 -also added a threat with some pace
Denilson 6 - calmed things down in the middle

sabret00the

Established Member
Almunia 5
Sagna 5
Toure 4
Gallas 4
Clichy 4
Eboue 3
Diarra 5
Gilberto 3
Rosicky 3
Adebayor 4
Dudu 4

Bendtner 6
Denilson 6
Walcott 6

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom