• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mate, let's all laugh at Tottenham!

haha_arsenal

after they got Sissoko, their midfield looks very very tough though,

Sissoko, Wanyama, Dier

these are big and strong athletes

Hegemony

£30 million for a player that scored one and assisted 8, having played 37 games (mainly at AM and RM) for a relegated side. I'd say he was a tad overpriced, but who am I to question Levy?

BobP

Memri Fan
I like Sissoko and in the right setting, he can be a useful player.

But he is nowhere near worth what Sp**s have paid for him, nowhere near.

He's a powerful runner and he can rip teams apart but thats more than negated by the fact that he's quite mediocre technically and squanders a nice bit of play with a stupid decision.

He's quite erratic.

Aevi

Hale End FC
The only thing I'll give Tottenham is that they are in need of a winger with Sissoko's mold. Eriksen and Lamela are technically good, but lack the pace and strength to stretch defenders from the wing. They rely on their fullbacks too much for it, and Sissoko gives them another option.

Fee is atrocious though, and there is every reason to think this'll be a flop.

Hegemony

I could understand if it was £10 - 19 million, buying a squadie who could push for first team football (he was good in the Euro's, after all), but £30 million? That's a lot of money to be handing a Championship side.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I could understand if it was £10 - 19 million, buying a squadie who could push for first team football (he was good in the Euro's, after all), but £30 million? That's a lot of money to be handing a Championship side.

That's what happens when you play out of your skin in a final.

Aevi

Hale End FC
:lol:

Hopefully he still has a place in his heart for us, and betrays Sp**s during the NLD. Imagine the scenes :drool:

progman07

Established Member
Anyone else see parallels with Spuds' summer business to ours in like 2006?

I think Spuds are very much tightening their belts. Their stadium move is on the horizon and they can't afford to splash, much like we couldn't.
Bad luck with the timing (what a crazy signing though, what are they thinking).

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

They can't get away, never. :lol:

Wonder how many Gooners there really are at Sp**s, I guess sometimes you have to settle for second best.

There are/were too many.

One thing in common with most of them is that once Arsène rejects them or they cannot fulfill their "dream" to play at Arsenal, they go into a "glad I joined a big club in London" hype.

Starting with Kane who couldn't make it as a youngster, David "next Beckham" Bentley, Darren Bent, Verthongen who Wenger didn't rate and rightly so, Victor "I should play for Arsenal" Wanyama, now it's Sissoko.

And who remembers Lewis "better than Özil" Holtby ?

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil
Top Bottom