• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mate, let's all laugh at Tottenham!

Malky

Established Member
Also hilarious that Levy claimed they wanted to get back to the " Sp**s way " of playing attacking football not long after sacking Potch, since then they've hired Mourinho, Nuno and now potentially Conte - 3 of the most defensive mined managers in the game.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Sp**s more ambitious than us? I don't think so. This is shambolic. Half their problems are down to their owners refusing to invest in the team, that's why Poccineto left. Then they appointed Mourinho, clearly a bad idea without massive investment. They sacked him 10 days before their first cup final in years, which they lost. They didn't have a manager lined up which is why they ended up with Nuno and now they've sacked him after only four months. There's nothing to admire in this mess. They've now got a tired, uninspired squad, and gigantic stadium debts. If they do hire Conte he won't get the investment he needs and it will end badly. Also, they should have sold Kane while he was worth a lot but they missed that opportunity. It's all a very pleasing disaster.

They ****ed up by not treating Potchettino right, and then sacking him in the end.

Now they need ridiculous spending just to get back to the levels that Potchettino gave them for almost nothing.

And some people think they are now league contenders with Conte in charge? :lol:

Best hope for Sp**s is a top four spot, and with Conte they are well on their way to that. Especially with the drop off in quality and money after Tuchel.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This is what I'm hopefuly of. Conte demands money to spend, he'll want his own players brought in. With the execption of Kane, Son, Lloris, Hojbjerg, Reguilon, Emerson, Dier and probably Moura, Conte will likely want to overhaul the rest of the squad.

I mean I'm pretty sure he will improve them, so it is a good appointment, but it doesn't solve the structural problems at the club. As you say he will rightfully want an overhaul of the squad, and I don't think Levy has the stomach for that.

He will go to a back 5 straight away, which makes sense as their defenders and midfielders are poor. Not sure why Nuno didn't go down that route to be honest, it's his bread and butter.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Chelsea - Tuchel
Liverpool - Klopp
Manchester City - Guardiola
Tottenham - Conte
I
I
I
I
I
v

Arsenal - Arteta
Manchester United - Solskjaer

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

I see you guys down playing him down, but Conte is pretty much one of the best managerial hires you could make at the moment :lol:

Not sure how it works with Sp**s, but you have to applaud them for trying and pulling the plug on a clearly dud project.

They clearly dont know who Conte is.

SA Gunner

I don't know what they are waiting for. You don't sign Ronaldo and Varane for a "project", you sign them to win now. Its a very strange situation there.

They remind me of us in a way.

Tied to stability and the long term, and "letting things breathe" at the club. As much as Conte would have given them the boost they need upfront, I do think they fear the short term nature of his work at clubs and thus passing up on him.

More importantly, I think United are aiming higher than Antonio despite how good he is. They probably want a more progressive style to represent their values. So someone like Ten Hag or Zidane for example.

That all said, I still think United are the favourites for fourth... they are still head and shoulders clear of the rest of us right now, even with Ole in charge.

But with Conte it just makes that race a little more tighter, especially if Sp**s' schedule starts freeing up.

Malky

Established Member
I mean I'm pretty sure he will improve them, so it is a good appointment, but it doesn't solve the structural problems at the club. As you say he will rightfully want an overhaul of the squad, and I don't think Levy has the stomach for that.

He will go to a back 5 straight away, which makes sense as their defenders and midfielders are poor. Not sure why Nuno didn't go down that route to be honest, it's his bread and butter.
There's also the issue, that never seems to get mentioned, that Sp**s is an aging squad with little, to no, young prospects coming through the ranks.
Lloris is 35 next month, Son's 30 at the end of the season, as is Moura and Doherty, Kanes pushing 30, etc.
Not saying players at 30 years old is the end of the world, but if Conte is coming in he'll be wanting short term success, can't see him staying around for a huge squad rebuild on limited funds at Sp**s.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
They remind me of us in a way.

Tied to stability and the long term, and "letting things breathe" at the club. As much as Conte would have given them the boost they need upfront, I do think they fear the short term nature of his work at clubs and thus passing up on him.

That all said, I still think United are the favourites for fourth... they are still head and shoulders clear of the rest of us right now, even with Ole in charge.

But with Conte it just makes that race a little more tighter, especially if Sp**s' schedule starts freeing up.

At least with us it does seem to be more of a "long term project" with the amount of young players in the team, even if it is all PR spin (which imo it is).

I don't understand how a club like United, with one of thr most expensive squads ever assembled, who finished 2nd last year AND just added one of the most decorated CBs and arguably greatest goalscorer in the history of the game to their team (as well as a 70m winger), are still banging on about this process/long term nonsense. It's mad.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

No idea why anyone is that bothered by Conte - he’s obviously a huge improvement on Nuno. But so is my gran and she’s dead.

Spuds just aren’t a Conte project team - don’t have the cash or the mentality.

I suppose they could just swallow Kane’s sale in the winter/summer window then commit 100% of those funds plus, say, another £100m to a full rebuild - but they’ll be scalped by every other club and the rest of their squad - bar Son and maybe a few others - is either average or utter ****e. That could take years with an uncertain outcome. And Conte never stays that long anyway.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
There's also the issue, that never seems to get mentioned, that Sp**s is an aging squad with little, to no, young prospects coming through the ranks.
Lloris is 35 next month, Son's 30 at the end of the season, as is Moura and Doherty, Kanes pushing 30, etc.
Not saying players at 30 years old is the end of the world, but if Conte is coming in he'll be wanting short term success, can't see him staying around for a huge squad rebuild on limited funds at Sp**s.

Yep, spot on. I've mentioned this a few times as well before. Even guys like Ndombele, who is a real talent and at the right age, just isn't cutting it there. It's why I'm surprised they didn't take the money for Kane, they really do need to freshen that squad up. They have a lot of work to do.

SA Gunner

think he would be the highest level manager (in their prime) they have had in my time watching football 🤷‍♂️

the style of football just dont see as an issue as Contes sides score a good number of goals & high levels of effort... thats really what all fans want

He makes the 343 or other 3 at the back variations work very well, giving his teams a good balance in defense and attack. He'll have them shaping up like Chelsea, and getting results quite soon.

An excellent acquisition for Sp**s, no doubt about that. They are an automatic top four contender just by this appointment.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Funny how I keep seeing all the United fans furious at them not sacking Ole and going for Conte while there's not a mention from Arsenal fans and we still have the biggest clown of them all in charge.

Arsenal fans are less ambitious than Sp**s fans.

Malky

Established Member
Kind of funny how people are trying to pretend that this isnt a big deal.
Kind of funny how people are trying to make out like its the end of the world. Read the same bullshit on here when they got Mourinho, then when they had Son, Kane, bale as a " league winning front 3 " Conte wasn't happy at Chelsea, clashed with the board constantly, despite basically being handed blank cheques to get success. Can't see Conte being happy with having £100M to spend in the summer, despite demanding at least one CB, CM, and wing back.

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom