• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mate, let's all laugh at Tottenham!

Melquiades

Honestly if I’m United, I’d consider going for him

Sounds like a guy in disbelief about how everyone in/around his team puts more value in losing to hurt Arsenal than they do in winning to help Sp**s.

And yeah, you wonder if he was told by higher-ups not to win that game or if he knew that players were openly happy to lose it.

That's more than just a 'I don't like losing' quote. Something big happened behind the scenes in the last 48 hours to get a quote like that to happen.

blaze_of_glory

Sounds like a guy in disbelief about how everyone in/around his team puts more value in losing to hurt Arsenal than they do in winning to help Sp**s.

And yeah, you wonder if he was told by higher-ups not to win that game or if he knew that players were openly happy to lose it.
Yup I'm thinking that might actually be pretty likely given what he's said here. If it were just the fans I don't think he'd be talking about foundations of the club, etc. Could well be that Levy or someone took him aside and said, look we have money in reserve if we don't make CL so maybe don't go all out in this one.

Melquiades

Yup I'm thinking that might actually be pretty likely given what he's said here. If it were just the fans I don't think he'd be talking about foundations of the club, etc. Could well be that Levy or someone took him aside and said, look we have money in reserve if we don't make CL so maybe don't go all out in this one.

Yup. It's exactly the reaction that a manager with ambition and integrity would have if their ownership/higher management went to him and said to dress a weak lineup and prioritize losing instead of trying to make the Champions League.

The '48 hours' is a significant bit because it isn't the game itself, it's something that happened in the run-up that totally caught him off-guard and left him bewildered.

BBF

You can actually see him coming to the realization that he manages a meme club in real time. He'll be back on his way back to Celtic or the Outback this time next season. They won't even need to sack him, he'll quit.

Actually sounds like he's going to hold ultimatum talks at the end of the season. He's that intense type of person that will want to overhaul everything but Levy will never sign off on it.

Reactions: A_G

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Actually sounds like he's going to hold ultimatum talks at the end of the season. He's that intense type of person that will want to overhaul everything but Levy will never sign off on it.
It may well be the case but it goes beyond something as simple as personnel or the usual things you'd think a manager is going to speak about. This felt like he'd just realized that when people say that club is rotten to the core, they're not lying and now he's gotten the first strong whiff. It will be interesting to see how things pan out.

Gn1212

You can actually see him coming to the realization that he manages a meme club in real time. He'll be back on his way back to Celtic or the Outback this time next season. They won't even need to sack him, he'll quit.
Doubt he quits but his relationship with the club, the fans and most likely the management above is deteriorating.

I think he's gonna go through the Conte/Poch/Mou experience in the summer where he's expecting one thing and he gets another. Like most proud managers he'll probably try to make it work but it's all just a ticking time bomb.

The fact he's already started taking shots at the fans and the club itself is not a great sign about his future. Wouldn't be shocked if he's out of there by Christmas.

Tnegs

Who the fk is big ange anyway to be quitting Sp**s? This is the biggest job of his life he ain’t going anywhere he’s just playing for the cameras. He knows he’s lucky to be where he is talking about fragile mentalities like he knows what it takes to do well in a league like the PL. Go do one mate you ain’t doing ****.

Buhry

Established Member

Never really cared about tottenham or hated them that much since I'm not from london and they were always pretty irrelevant but after today I see what the fuss is about. What a vile, petty, small time bunch they are. Their biggest joy is seeing Arsenals downfall. They'd rather miss out on UCL than see us win, even though when they miss out this year they surely won't have a chance to get back in for years because the actual big clubs like chelsea and man united surely won't be this **** forever, because they actually strive for something more than being mid table and throwing games to sabotage their rivals, even as crappy as they are now. Didn't see man utd bend over for us to stop city but then again they don't like us either.

Buhry

Established Member

Why is Perry Groves letting Sp**s fans off the hook for?

The guy phoning in is a grown man with a girls voice, he doesn't have a single gram of testosterone in his body. No wonder he is such a loser, he has no masculine instinct or drive to win.

Legend14

Established Member
Never really cared about tottenham or hated them that much since I'm not from london and they were always pretty irrelevant but after today I see what the fuss is about. What a vile, petty, small time bunch they are. Their biggest joy is seeing Arsenals downfall. They'd rather miss out on UCL than see us win, even though when they miss out this year they surely won't have a chance to get back in for years because the actual big clubs like chelsea and man united surely won't be this **** forever, because they actually strive for something more than being mid table and throwing games to sabotage their rivals, even as crappy as they are now. Didn't see man utd bend over for us to stop city but then again they don't like us either.
100 percent

Had ManU at the top of my hate list. Sp**s now on top for the reasons stated.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member

That's more than just a 'I don't like losing' quote. Something big happened behind the scenes in the last 48 hours to get a quote like that to happen.

Maybe, or it could just be how the fans reacted during the game.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He should honestly leave, I'm sure there are other clubs who'll take a punt on him. His vision clearly doesn't align with a club like Sp**s. Sp**s will always be like this, it'll never change. Those Poch years were a once off.

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom