• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matt Macey: The Heir Apparent?

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
He's very tall isn't he? Can never really trust a keeper who's not tall. And that's not Ospinas only fault. World class injury faker though, the Colombian.

Keepers are like boxers. A good big 'un is always better than a good little 'un. Assuming a tall keeper has good reflexes and does not run to fat he is always going to cover more of the goal than his tiny equivalent who has to leap further just to have the same effect. And if he has a reasonable bulk even better.

I struggle to think of any top keeper in the modern game who is less than six foot tall and most of them have been even taller.

People like Campos who played for Mexico alternated between acrobatic saves and being pathetically chipped.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Arsenal have ten PL games left. I would throw in the youngsters for vital experience before the new manager comes in the summer. At least he will have guys with some experience to work with.

Macey needs to start in goal. Chambers, Mustafi and Holding as the back three. Willock in midfield and Nelson and Eddie in the attack.

Kos, Nacho and Per are all in their 30s and will not be around for much longer. Cech is past it and we need a new GK anyway, why not develop one of our own?

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Definitely give him the home games.

Wouldn't wish being thrown into the team on the road as a youngster on my worst enemy.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom