• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matt Turner: Head Turner or Head Scratcher?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I'm still wondering about this purchase, and not really about his normal GK qualities. I think he will be fine with that.

The weird thing is how bad he currently seems to be with his feet. It's nowhere near Ramsdale, not even sure it's near Leno. Hoofs it long and half of those go nowhere near where wanted.

So was this a "political" transfer, a short-term buy as backup for cheap, or does he take it safely for now? Or have some anxiety which makes him do it worse?

The scouting has been great recently, so he might still have more of that passing ability in him to develop. Many doubted Ramsdale too, but that was because of his team's tactics. Turner is older though and came to the football sport later so not sure he has the abilities.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'm still wondering about this purchase, and not really about his normal GK qualities. I think he will be fine with that.

The weird thing is how bad he currently seems to be with his feet. It's nowhere near Ramsdale, not even sure it's near Leno. Hoofs it long and half of those go nowhere near where wanted.

So was this a "political" transfer, a short-term buy as backup for cheap, or does he take it safely for now? Or have some anxiety which makes him do it worse?

The scouting has been great recently, so he might still have more of that passing ability in him to develop. Many doubted Ramsdale too, but that was because of his team's tactics. Turner is older though and came to the football sport later so not sure he has the abilities.
I think the fact that Turner is American definitely influenced this purchase, but not in a negative way.

The English Premier League has been popular in the US for a while, and having an American will definitely increase the fanbase in the US. For example, I'm sure that more Americans are watch Leeds United now because Jesse Marsh is the coach and Tyler Adams and Brenden Aaronson play for them.

Turner was one of the best GKs in MLS and will probably start for the US at the World Cup. He's a good shot stopper, but he has never been good with his feet. However, one of Turner's biggest attributes is that he is very coachable and capable of improving.

His distribution is not even close to Ramsdale's, but as an American who has watched Turner for a while, his distribution has already improved a lot. His short passing around the box is way better than it was before, and his long to midrange distribution has also improved. The technique isn't great, but he's trying to make passes that he wouldn't even attempt before.

As the season progresses, I wouldn't be surprised if his distribution gets better and better. He'll never be close to Ramsdale, but he won't be a liability either.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Haven't seen an American keeper that good, since Stallone's performance in Escape to Victory!

He looks fine as a back up right now, tbh...seems a nice guy too, hopefully he has a good World Cup too.

albino

I think the fact that Turner is American definitely influenced this purchase, but not in a negative way.

The English Premier League has been popular in the US for a while, and having an American will definitely increase the fanbase in the US. For example, I'm sure that more Americans are watch Leeds United now because Jesse Marsh is the coach and Tyler Adams and Brenden Aaronson play for them.

Turner was one of the best GKs in MLS and will probably start for the US at the World Cup. He's a good shot stopper, but he has never been good with his feet. However, one of Turner's biggest attributes is that he is very coachable and capable of improving.

His distribution is not even close to Ramsdale's, but as an American who has watched Turner for a while, his distribution has already improved a lot. His short passing around the box is way better than it was before, and his long to midrange distribution has also improved. The technique isn't great, but he's trying to make passes that he wouldn't even attempt before.

As the season progresses, I wouldn't be surprised if his distribution gets better and better. He'll never be close to Ramsdale, but he won't be a liability either.
This Lads going to be fine.
Ability to learn and adapt is whats needed and he can and is.
An excellent signing and addition to the squad.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Haven't seen an American keeper that good, since Stallone's performance in Escape to Victory!

He looks fine as a back up right now, tbh...seems a nice guy too, hopefully he has a good World Cup too.
Can see him saving a Harry Kane penalty in the group stage to send England home early.

Riou

Can see him saving a Harry Kane penalty in the group stage to send England home early.

Arsenal better give him the number 1 shirt if this happens!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yeah today he looked full of confidence didn't was afraid to play from back despite Bodo high press.

Alkesh

I actually enjoyed his gamesmanship at the end of the match. Sometimes you need a bit of that to grind out results, and he did well today.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Seems like we are doing a good job of scouting players with good decision making in defensive positions, Tomi, Turner, Zinchenko, and White all really good in this sense, Ramsdale pretty good and Gabriel decent although the latter two are obviously signed for other qualities too.

D

Deleted member 102404

Good performance.
Getting his confidence up and it's great to see.

Riou

Ramsdale was bantering this man at the start of the season, comparing him to ****ing Tigger from Winnie the Pooh, ffs.

But only one of them will be starting at the World Cup, and it won't be the man with back to back relegations on his CV!

And after that, he's gonna be after your number 1 shirt here Aaron ...proper footballer we have 🏈

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams
Top Bottom