• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matteo Guendouzi: 2019/20 Performances

How much do you love Guendouzi?

• Very much

Votes: 37 39.4%
  • Très beaucoup

Votes: 44 46.8%
  • More than my mother

Votes: 13 13.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bandaid

Does that mean we need to play Özil at Lb to get the best out of him?

sure if thats what revolves your boat.

AMN, Willock, Nelson, Saka, Smith Rowe, Torreira, Ceballos - all got assists and goals, and can defend better and have better positioning.

Doozi doesnt do much....and usually ends up costing us the midfield.
Hopefully Arteta can make him into a footballer. Till then, he is behind the above mentioned in the pecking order and its funny to see so many people rah-rah-ing over him.

bandaid

Özil would spontaneously self combust if forced to play LB/rb even for 3 minutes

Even Xhaka filled in at CB and FB...but doozi, nah, no one even thought of using him in a makeshift role on the wings/ fb/cb... zero ability to adjust....mediocre and raw...cant be relied upon.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Find it very difficult to watch Guendouzi play for us, I want him to succeed but his play is so frustrating and high risk it actually annoys me.

Even when he does something well he then just dwells on the ball and potentially messes it up.

The potential is there but he needs to shake off so many bad habits he has.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Whenever Guendouzi gets the ball I swear he HAS to change direction, even when he carries the ball he does this thing where he constantly has to look like hes switching which is weird especially when no one is near him.

mpower2540

Whenever Guendouzi gets the ball I swear he HAS to change direction, even when he carries the ball he does this thing where he constantly has to look like hes switching which is weird especially when no one is near him.
Yeah it’s like he wants to show how composed on the ball he is. I’m all for composure but he takes so long sometimes it’s infuriating

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Slow. Too slow. Good when you're 2-0 up and want to control the game (Bournemouth) but bad when you need to up your tempo.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He's all over the place with his positioning at times. He's too slow to pass, gives the ball away needlessly, doesn't offer defensive protection. Kept letting the ball roll under his feet instead of taking a touch and passing it straight away which was infuriating as it slowed things down a lot. There's a lot of room for improvement with him, Arteta's gonna need to do a lot to turn him into a quality midfielder. At this rate a loan for him next season mightn't be the worst idea.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Yeah it’s like he wants to show how composed on the ball he is. I’m all for composure but he takes so long sometimes it’s infuriating

I'm sure in his mind he thinks he is dictating the tempo/flow of the game or is trying to do so, its like he wants to be a Pirlo or a Xavi.

I want him to come good but I do have my doubts.

goonerfamily

I really like his character but can anyone explain why everyone rates this guy so highly? He's not especially strong or athletic (that may come with age), his passing is nice but rarely defense-breaking, he's nothing special as ball carrier, his defensive positioning is pretty poor, he's useless in the air, he holds onto the ball too long.

I don't see the characteristics that will turn him into a world-class midfielder like other people do. Maybe our standards have fallen recently but I've seen my fair share of exceptionally talented youngsters during my time following arsenal. There is nothing Fabregas/Wilshere/Martinelli-esque about this guy. His hype literally comes from the fact that he's 20 and has around 50 appearances for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom