• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matteo Guendouzi: 2019/20 Performances

How much do you love Guendouzi?

• Very much

Votes: 37 39.4%
  • Très beaucoup

Votes: 44 46.8%
  • More than my mother

Votes: 13 13.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I'm finding him increasingly annoying. Lost possession quite a lot of times against Burnley, he's making me very nervous when receiving the ball from Leno near our box (made it out quite nicely once though, right when I thought he'd lose the ball), not contributing enough in attack.

Have been saying this for quite a while but should be benched. If his stock/hype is high, I would consider cashing in and trying again with a different player. It's not working out for me thusfar.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
He plays too many league matches
Agree with this. 20 year old that not too long ago was playing at a bona fide farmers league level is now being asked to be a starter week in week out in a top league. And not only that he's being played in a terrible midfield in which he as a inexperience kid gets zero support and is instead given faaar too much responsibility.

He clearly has great potential in my opinion but he's working off raw ability alone now in a key stage in his development instead getting vital support from quality experience players. If he'd been around when we had Vieira like what happened with Cesc than it'd do him an immeasurable amount of good.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Major problem with our midfield is a lack of pace and movement. Players just aren't physically intense enough to receive the ball in space or under pressure.

Auba, Martinelli, Pepe, Bellerin, Saka, Willock and Kola are the only players who can receive it in space. Note that none of our central midfielders are fast enough to separate or physically intense enough to make space. That is suicidal in England.

Xhaka and Guendouzi are so slow. How can we play them together? Time and time again.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
Would suit a mid table in Italy or something, doesn't offer a lot more atm than Elneny did and that's saying something.

Shouldn't start another league game. We should make CM a priority in the next window as Torreira is the only player i'd look at keeping.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Major problem with our midfield is a lack of pace and movement. Players just aren't physically intense enough to receive the ball in space or under pressure.

Auba, Martinelli, Pepe, Bellerin, Saka, Willock and Kola are the only players who can receive it in space. Note that none of our central midfielders are fast enough to separate or physically intense enough to make space. That is suicidal in England.

Xhaka and Guendouzi are so slow. How can we play them together? Time and time again.
Yeh. The lack of athleticism in our midfield is really making our players look worse than they are imo. Even though I don't watch Lepizig much (ill try to watch their game vs Bayern) Nkunku is looking like a player that we perhaps should have signed.

Arteta has actually shown that we arent terrible at defending with the right system. We need a CB, but in some ways we need two midfielders. A box to box with athleticism and speed, as well as a number 8/10 depending on what Arteta wants. Guendouzi should be a sub player, as should Willock. Özil should have actual competition at CAM.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Not a fan of Guendo, but would genuinely take him over Mesut atm in a midfield 3, we need to do something to try and sort out our midfield soon, even this season we still have options.

Tired of Xhaka-Lucas-Özil now, want Arteta to at least try something different soon.

...miss having a central midfielder, who is at least a little press resistant ffs.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Not a fan of Guendo, but would genuinely take him over Mesut atm in a midfield 3, we need to do something to try and sort out our midfield soon, even this season we still have options.

Tired of Xhaka-Lucas-Özil now, want Arteta to at least try something different soon.

...miss having a central midfielder, who is at least a little press resistant ffs.
Think we've tried enough and it looks like a quality issue more than experimenting with the formation/players. I wouldn't be against selling 3-4 players and replacing them with more technical setup, but massive issues in attack should be a priority this summer

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Can't knock his work rate and willingness to receive the ball. He needs to offer a little more though either in winning the ball back or driving forward. This isn't a knock, he reminds me of Henderson pre Klopp. Decent all rounder.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Sometimes looks like his sky's the limit, but then he can look like utter **** (Burnley away, and many league away games).

bandaid

can't remember any 20yr old midfielder at arsenal who was worse ... the midfield has gone from an abundance of technical players to absolute poverty... to the extent that doozi spent all of emerys reign just strolling into the midfield whenever he so wished.

Gunner-Union

Not good enough for a starter atm and as others have said he would benefit from learning his trade from a top cm unfortunately we don’t have one

thierrytheking14

I do think he gets severely overrated, probably because of how poor our CM options are. Should probably be 4th choice at best and be learning from some good players but here we are.
Lately I've been thinking hes getting far too much grief more than anything.

Hes a raw young player, great scope for improvement and has put in some impressive performances as well as some abject ones to be fair. Him as a rotation option beats the likes of Elneny for me.

The post a few above this that said hes the 'worst 20yo we've ever had' is laughable.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I don't really find his **** housery as endearing as others either, I don't think he is very good at it and makes me cringe most of the time. Think you need to earn that kind of behaviour a bit.

I don't really find his **** housery as endearing as others either, I don't think he is very good at it and makes me cringe most of the time. Think you need to earn that kind of behaviour a bit.

He really need to stop with it. Even Torreira could take him in a fight.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
I do think he gets severely overrated, probably because of how poor our CM options are. Should probably be 4th choice at best and be learning from some good players but here we are.
I think His attitude and workrate is world-class. Rest is up to him. Not sure anyone has overpraised his ability beyond that?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I do think he gets severely overrated

d661802c98c134c7f2f7c118aa6d8751ffea8f7f3f74c507eef6d5f4a50d0aba.jpg

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Think we've tried enough and it looks like a quality issue more than experimenting with the formation/players. I wouldn't be against selling 3-4 players and replacing them with more technical setup, but massive issues in attack should be a priority this summer

We need a technical upgrade on 3 imo. You want to play a passing game you have to have players able to control a ball hit at you with speed and pass with a level of accuracy otherwise it's a counterattacking oppurtunity to the opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten
Top Bottom