• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matteo Guendouzi: Lad of Luscious Locks

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Won't be the last time we see him in the PL this season judging by Emerys comments.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
It’s been hours since the game finished but I’m still dumbfounded by how this kid was one of the few players who had any guts compared to the older and more experienced players like cech, xhaka and Ramsey who went hiding.

First game in the PL against a historic team straight out of Ligue 2 and your experienced teammates are nowhere to be found for support yet he somehow managed. He’s shown great mentality to complement his great talent

Last edited:

nick gould

I was scared for him a few times, I’m used to Ox making one mistake and turning useless for the rest of the game. But he deals with it OK, eager to see more from him. He looks like he’s not afraid to make mistakes and it will help him a great deal.
Or Iwobi for that matter. But I would have played him alongside Torreira. But, I understand where the manager is coming, you can’t drop all of Wenger’s seasoned losers in your first game.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
It’s been hours since the game finished but I’m still dumbfounded by how this kid was one of the few players who had any guts compared to the older and more experienced players like cech, xhaka and Ramsey who went hiding.

First game in the PL against a historic team straight out of Ligue 2 and your experienced teammates are nowhere to be found for support yet he somehow managed. He’s shown great mentality to complement his great talent

One or two just seem happy to go through the motions against a team like city as though they've already accepted defeat. Doozy doesn't have that in him and hopefully stays that way.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Quite impressive performance looking back on it. Played with heart, never let his head drop and his ability to carry the ball is a big plus.

Instructions being given like that during a game was very refreshing. The fact Emery then kept him on for 90 mins suggests he was very happy with him. I know I was!

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
And why should they? If they're excited about a player then let them be.

You could quite easily pull out the Fabregas thread as a success story of people getting excited about a young player.

Cesc spent a year here before league debut

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I take it your not a fan? The kid has alot to learn still if he works hard he will be brilliant.

Yes I agree

Showed real promise

I just dont want him to start at this point

Saw some big holes in his game. Out of position defensivly and lightweight
Holes Cesc at 16 didn't have btw

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Cant see him being left out of Chelsea up against their trio. We need that work rate.

Probably need to play three as well. Lucas behind Ramsey & Matteo could be our best option.

Mustafi, Sokratis, Lichtsteiner, Torreira, Matteo, Laca, PEA and Özil should be set on the team sheet. Anyone else is debatable.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Yes I agree

Showed real promise

I just dont want him to start at this point

Saw some big holes in his game. Out of position defensivly and lightweight
Holes Cesc at 16 didn't have btw

Seems cesc had 50% of those holes IIRC. Don't remember much cescs defensive contribution though.

seanb85

I was actually at the game yesterday, and one thing you probably don't notice when you watch on tv, is how other players interract with other players. Hard to explain, but the thing that impressed me the most about this kid was how others were always keen to give him the ball, to look for him. He was everywhere. Yes, a bit raw at times but he was brilliant. Always looking for the ball, always available, never hid once. I'd start him over Ramsey every day of the week. Our best formation was when RAMSEY WENT OFF (Hurray, I'm one of the few Arsenal fans around who think we'd be better off without him, he was terrible yesterday) and Laca went up top, Özil played as a 10 and Aubemeyang went to the wing. We were so much more creative and played with more intensity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson
Top Bottom