• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matteo Guendouzi: Lad of Luscious Locks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mraven

Not too surprised about him having a worse game today. He had the benefit of a full preseason and naturally has a harder time now that the others have a few games in their legs. Still seen enough to know this guy is going to be a key player in our Europa league campaign

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Typical performance which often nabs an inexperienced youngster who has shone a bit in the league. Still showed great heart but will have been a reminder to him that he has loads to learn.
Really growing fond of his commitment to the cause though.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

It's kinda criminal to think he has been anchoring our midfield given he is a 19 yo nobody from Ligue 2 and hand over heart I don't mean that disrespectfully too.

Big talent but not ready to be a starter at a club of our stature right now and that's a knock on him talent wise.

vijay

Hates Guendouzi for no reason
Don't think anyone is, most are acknowledging a big talent but still much too young.

He seems a nice find and a potential player, but not really impressed. Defensive liability right now. We have never led a game while he has been on the pitch. Positionally suspect too. Lots of work needed.

We have seen 19 yr olds before..... cesc, jack, ramsey, iwobi, bellerin etc.... i just dont get the hype, basis what i see on the field. He seems to me an understudy to Xhaka and a backup for him and am fine with that.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

He looks ready and worth it to stick with. Need to make him with Toreirra work.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
His positioning needs so much work. He's great on the ball, and competitive when it comes to duels but positionally he's all over the place. Not even arguable IMO, it's his biggest weakness by far. Good otherwise though, I thought he was pretty good today but clearly him and Xhaka is not a good combination. Surprised Emery has stuck with it so long.

Xanth

He’s shown great potential but the last two games made it clear that he shouldn’t be starting yet. Can’t believe people genuinely think he’s better than Xhaka.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
Runs around like a headless chicken, starts to stress on the ball if he can't find a pass straight away, looks like a kid when we are defending and is positioning at times when the ball is at the back closes channels and invites pressure. Very much running on adrenaline at the moment and it shows.

He looks like a talented young kid from a lower league that needs time to learn and grow, which is funny because that is exactly what he is at the moment.

vijay

Hates Guendouzi for no reason
Runs around like a headless chicken, starts to stress on the ball if he can't find a pass straight away, looks like a kid when we are defending and is positioning at times when the ball is at the back closes channels and invites pressure. Very much running on adrenaline at the moment and it shows.

He looks like a talented young kid from a lower league that needs time to learn and grow, which is funny because that is exactly what he is at the moment.

guess Emery wanted a fresh mind in the team, who was loyal only to him, and had no prior baggage with the old arsenal coach and players. seems to be the first name on the teamsheet.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

It looks like Emery sees a great future for the kid and wants him to learn fast the only way possible, by playing him and putting faith in him. Fully behind him on that, he was very good vs City and Chelsea so there is no reason for me to think he can't do it against the smaller opponents.

Don't be surprised if he continues to start our games. Only thing we need now is a good understanding between Toreirra and Guendouzi and we have our midfield base for the next 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.
Top Bottom