• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matteo Guendouzi: Lad of Luscious Locks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Needs to be taken out of the firing line for a few games now. Not really offering anything more than, dare I say, elnenny could do.

Torreira needs to be starting alongside xhaka to see how a partnership between them could develop.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
Don't be surprised if he continues to start our games. Only thing we need now is a good understanding between Toreirra and Guendouzi and we have our midfield base for the next 10 years.

Cool comment, is this based on the 4 games you've seen of Guendouzi and the 2 half games you've seen of Toreirra? If so you are in the wrong profession, you should be working as a footballing scout. Only need to see a few matches to lock away a midfield for 10 years.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
Needs to be taken out of the firing line for a few games now. Not really offering anything more than, dare I say, elnenny could do.

Agree completely, needs to be playing cup games and also coming off the bench. Will be a huge season for him regardless and he will come on leaps and bounds.

He has talent, but he's definitely not a Cesc level talent that instantly leaves you mind blown the first time you see him step onto a park. Although he's getting praise, he made some big errors at City, was OK against Chelsea and pretty anonymous in the other 2.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Agree completely, needs to be playing cup games and also coming off the bench. Will be a huge season for him regardless and he will come on leaps and bounds.

He has talent, but he's definitely not a Cesc level talent that instantly leaves you mind blown the first time you see him step onto a park. Although he's getting praise, he made some big errors at City, was OK against Chelsea and pretty anonymous in the other 2.
I think he needs to play next to a dm (Torreira) to get the best out of him. Xhaka is not good enough to provide him with the defensive cover he needs

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
I think he needs to play next to a dm (Torreira) to get the best out of him. Xhaka is not good enough to provide him with the defensive cover he needs

I personally think it's the other way around, he is not really good in any one area just yet.

Once again I'll stress, and it's likely to be ignored because that is what our fan base does best, this is a 19 year old kid coming out of a woeful league. He is not yet and may not ever be Arsenal or even Premier League quality. For those making comments that we've found our next midfielder for the next 10 years it is absolutely shocking.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Cool comment, is this based on the 4 games you've seen of Guendouzi and the 2 half games you've seen of Toreirra? If so you are in the wrong profession, you should be working as a footballing scout. Only need to see a few matches to lock away a midfield for 10 years.
No, you are mistaken. I first saw Matteo Guendouzi (or as I like to call him, Matti) when he was 7 years old, playing with the PSG pupils 5 vs 5. He used to play as a lone striker because he was very tall for his young age. Later he dropped back to midfield when he got older. He was so recognizable in the way he always kept possesion under pressure, even as a kid.

Toreirra I met when he was a little older, 11, playing on the streets of Fray Bento, Uruguay, without shoes. I used to discuss his best position with his sweet old grand mother who always went with him when he played football outside. You see Lucas used to play with guys who were much older and stronger but even then he won every ball with his aggressive approach. His grand mother always worried they would hurt him but even then Lucas had that steel in his eyes like he was unbreakable.

Different backgrounds for these two but based on that I think they will be the perfect mix in midfield.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
No, you are mistaken. I first saw Matteo Guendouzi (or as I like to call him, Matti) when he was 7 years old, playing with the PSG pupils 5 vs 5. He used to play as a lone striker because he was very tall for his young age. Later he dropped back to midfield when he got older. He was so recognizable in the way he always kept possesion under pressure, even as a kid.

Toreirra I met when he was a little older, 11, playing on the streets of Fray Bento, Uruguay, without shoes. I used to discuss his best position with his sweet old grand mother who always went with him when he played football outside. You see Lucas used to play with guys who were much older and stronger but even then he won every ball with his aggressive approach. His grand mother always worried they would hurt him but even then Lucas had that steel in his eyes like he was unbreakable.

Different backgrounds for these two but based on that I think they will be the perfect mix in midfield.

Genuinely doesn't sound too far off what others seem to think.

Go ask a Liverpool fan about Alisson, they will tell you all about how superb he was at Roma, how great his season was, how consistent he was.

Then go and ask an Arsenal fan what they think about Toreirra and they will tell you how brilliant he was last season, how much he's going to add to our midfield, how magnificent he is on and off the ball.

The reality is that neither has seen the player ever play before, at least consistently but because it's a new name on the team sheet, they fall in love over night. It was only 2 years ago fans were getting stuck into Wenger for not playing his new signing Xhaka. Fast forward a few years and we now want Xhaka dropped for two new signings who may or may not reach the heights at Arsenal that we expect. Last year it was Kolasinac, fans couldn't believe that Wenger was benching the best left back in the league.

Reserve judgement and give at least 6 months before starting to form opinions on any of these new signings.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
I personally think it's the other way around, he is not really good in any one area just yet.

Once again I'll stress, and it's likely to be ignored because that is what our fan base does best, this is a 19 year old kid coming out of a woeful league. He is not yet and may not ever be Arsenal or even Premier League quality. For those making comments that we've found our next midfielder for the next 10 years it is absolutely shocking.
I think we’ll look better with him next to Torreira on the long run. He’s shown that he’s better in more areas than Xhaka for me, and he’s clearly rated highly by Emery.

Emery has described Xhaka as a DM first just like he described Torreira. Those two are in competition for that spot next to the CM, not Matteo.

We might not know if he’s good enough yet but we can already establish after 2 years that Xhaka isn’t Arsenal or PL quality.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
He’s shown that he’s better in more areas than Xhaka for me, and he’s clearly rated highly by Emery.

So in the 4 games he has played for Arsenal, 2 of which we lost and 2 of which he was hooked early, he has shown that he is better in more areas than Xhaka?

Wow fair enough, that's news to me but each to their own.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Guendouzi isn't even the same type player as Xhaka. Xhaka's a DLP that very few teams play (Not that it can't work, Pirlo did it pretty well). Guendouzi is an all action more box to box player

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
So in the 4 games he has played for Arsenal, 2 of which we lost and 2 of which he was hooked early, he has shown that he is better in more areas than Xhaka?

Wow fair enough, that's news to me but each to their own.
Our results are irrelevant. I’m strictly comparing their abilities on the pitch. He appears to have a much higher ceiling than Xhaka and I think it’s worth sticking with him for now. We won’t lose much if we do that as well. Xhaka has done just as many mistakes as him.

I’ll give him a couple of years just like we gave Xhaka to judge him but atm he looks much more promising than him.

Last edited:

This guy needs dropping for Torreira but I absolutely love how he’s ended Elneny’s career.

Top signing.

Proves when I said a teenager could do what he does and much more. Got multiple dead threats for that post but stuck with it and now I live rest of my life as a Champion!

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Guendouzi isn't even the same type player as Xhaka. Xhaka's a DLP that very few teams play (Not that it can't work, Pirlo did it pretty well). Guendouzi is an all action more box to box player
A DLP who can’t even do that well enough. Mesut had to drop deep yesterday to get the attack going.
The most shocking signing in Arsenal history

vijay

Hates Guendouzi for no reason
Arsenal midfield pivots this season:
  • Xhaka & Torreira: 54 minutes played 3 goals scored 0 conceded
  • Xhaka & Guendouzi: 241 minutes played 5 goals scored 7 conceded
  • Guendouzi & Torreira: 65 minutes played 0 goals scored 1 goal conceded

source- somewhere on the interweb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says: "With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way".

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom