• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matteo Guendouzi: Lad of Luscious Locks

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBL

Established Member
His performances the last month or so have absolutely warranted the game time he has been getting! Massive talent.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
He is 19 and needs to experiment with his game. He doesn't release the ball as there is often lack of movement in front of him and he's not the type of player who will pass the ball around just to finish with 95% passing completion. He is very often frustrated when players just look at him instead of making themselves available for the pass, but that problem existed long before Emery and Douzi were here.
Yeah, but if he is positioned well and learns to calm down he'll see the game better. It'll come with age and experience though.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I have a feeling that's exactly what Emery likes about him. He can carry the ball in any direction. He possesses a houdini/snake-like ability to escape tight situations. This can however backfire as we've seen on occasions.

He needs to learn to time these moments and when to release the ball/keep it simple, but that will come with experience.

It would also help if he developed more physique. With a bit more strength he could maybe turn into be a very tidy/hard to dispossess midfielder like Dembele was for Tottenham. It will be interesting to see in what role he will develop as he has displayed at times to have a sharp eye for a midfield splitting pass and a long ball tracking a forwards running path. His shooting ability is very poor though.
Yes but what I'm trying to say is that if has the game ahead of him and learns to stick to position he'll develop the understanding of the right time to step up. And he has this superb passing range and ball control so if he can learn to use the passes with increasing efficiency within the first few touches the openings for a more ambitious pass will generate more easily.

Yeah, I agree he'll have to bulk up and grow into his body with time.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I think Emery needs to get a hold of him and tell him to focus on his passing ability instead of advancing ahead with the ball via dribbling. If he can focus on staying put and directing play from behind midfield with a quicker release of the first pass he can do a lot of damage.

Your'e spot on but he'll have to make adjustments to his technique and footwork , requires too many steps to at times to pass and his first touch tends to push the ball out in front of him .

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I love the bones off of this player. He’s honestly an unreal prospect. Thought he was unlucky to get subbed at HT, didn’t put a foot wrong.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Had a good first half, was it a mistake taking a player with his mobility and engine off?

I can see Emery's logic behind it, 1-0 up at half time i wanted to bring on a more defensive player on to shield the defence and shore it up.

Reeson4

Dreadful tonight, no effort, no desire and just strolled round the pitch. I would have rather iwobi stayed on the pitch at least he offered cover for Monreal.

I'm not entirely sure what he is. He doesnt Defend well, he doesnt offer nothing going forward. I think he's a good footballer for a 19 year old but not sure on what he offers any more than a kid from our u21's

Not good enough tonight. Lacked experience and maturity. His positioning has been worrying for some time now and now with 10 men on the field it was even worse.

Hope to see improvements soon!

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Dreadful tonight, no effort, no desire and just strolled round the pitch. I would have rather iwobi stayed on the pitch at least he offered cover for Monreal.

I'm not entirely sure what he is. He doesnt Defend well, he doesnt offer nothing going forward. I think he's a good footballer for a 19 year old but not sure on what he offers any more than a kid from our u21's
Are you serious?

CBA to find stats but here is one thing none of our players could do :

Matteo-Guendouzis-stats-from-Arsenals-defeat-to-Man-City.jpg

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Shocking. I can't stand how he throws himself to the ground every time instead of releasing the ball quicker. Had the audacity to stop playing and complain to the ref instead of tracking back. If he doesn't sort it out I would be glad to see the back of him next season. Hate divers

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He holds onto the ball way too long. It's his main issue and it cost us dearly today because he slowed down play too much. Didn't have anyone dynamic alongside him either. He's a talent but he was very bad today. Kept trying to buy fouls and it won't always work in the PL. Stop that sh*t. Play the game, and give it some tempo.

buji banton

Shocking. I can't stand how he throws himself to the ground every time instead of releasing the ball quicker. Had the audacity to stop playing and complain to the ref instead of tracking back. If he doesn't sort it out I would be glad to see the back of him next season. Hate divers
Still one of our better performers this afternoon and one of the best midfielders we have at the club. He's 19/20? We can't achieve what we want to if we keep getting rid of players because we have unrealistic expectations for them. If we don't give him time to grow, we will be here in 2 or 3 years saying how good he is and how we should have kept him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom