• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mattéo Guendouzi: Loaned Ouzi

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Whoes the worse player? In terms of positional sense and tactically. All the CM's in our current squad are better than him. Only thing Douzi has going for him is decent technique. If you believe thats all it takes to become an effective midfielder you are sadly mistaken. Its as if some people on here have forgotten some of his awful performances.

Elneny?

The guy above said he would rather keep Douzi than Xhaka.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Any new manager would've kept Xhaka. Arteta stamped down his authority with Guendouzi and Guendouzi didn't stand in line.

You dont come into a club, say you've set out non negotiables and at the first sign of someone breaking rank give in. I think the correct action was taken with Douzi, doesn't matter how good you are if you're a ****. Unless your name is Messi.

Different managers like Hertha Berlin manager & Emery managed to handle him, why can't Arteta? It seems the situation and the player is manageable.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Feels like he should have Willock's place in the squad. Don't think he has a route back to us though unless he comes hat in hand to Arteta.

It's a shame but I back Arteta on this. He knows what's going on behind the scenes

Melquiades

I don't have a problem with the loan and taking a hard line on a young player with disciplinary problems.

But this summer will tell us a lot about Arteta. Having made his point, and having the player apparently learn and improve on and off the field during the loan, is he the sort of manager who can re-integrate the player into the team and rebuild the relationship? Or is he the sort of manager who will stubbornly stick with his previous decision and burn the asset into the ground and force the team to take pennies on the dollar for it?

Wryer

The problem with Arteta's reign is that players who don't fit appears to be given zero chances of any form of come back - Özil, Saliba, Guendozi.

I do think the squad can do with a midfielder with Guendozi's qualities - driving runs, quick passing. Only Ceballos is doing that now, and Partey is still not fully integrated.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
I don't have a problem with the loan and taking a hard line on a young player with disciplinary problems.

But this summer will tell us a lot about Arteta. Having made his point, and having the player apparently learn and improve on and off the field during the loan, is he the sort of manager who can re-integrate the player into the team and rebuild the relationship? Or is he the sort of manager who will stubbornly stick with his previous decision and burn the asset into the ground and force the team to take pennies on the dollar for it?

My sense is the later. And it won't only be for Douzi but Saliba also. His treatment of and ability to nurture young players is something he will need to improve upon. He seems to be far behind both Wenger and Emery in this respect, although obviously far less experienced so hopefully over the longer term he will learn

Melquiades

My sense is the later. And it won't only be for Douzi but Saliba also. His treatment of and ability to nurture young players is something he will need to improve upon. He seems to be far behind both Wenger and Emery in this respect, although obviously far less experienced so hopefully over the longer term he will learn

My sense is the latter, too, unfortunately. I really hope I'm wrong, but gut feeling is he's done.

This is where a top experienced manager would realize he's made his point about who the alpha dog is and how things work, and play the good cop to bring the player back into the fold.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
If he had more time on his contract, we'd be in a great position. He hasn't, so we are over a barrel. Him going on loan and performing so well only helps Guendouzi.

We'd have to offer him 100k a week now to keep him and we aren't.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

The problem with Arteta's reign is that players who don't fit appears to be given zero chances of any form of come back - Özil, Saliba, Guendozi.

I do think the squad can do with a midfielder with Guendozi's qualities - driving runs, quick passing. Only Ceballos is doing that now, and Partey is still not fully integrated.
in his defence, top managers dont go back once they have made a strong decision on not wanting you. He doesnt want saliba or guendouzzi. For me they are not at the level where you have to ask someone has to override the manager. Now if he said tomorrow he doesnt want saka, then its a serious problem

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Don't rate him at all. Good for subtop but not the one who will contribute to our top4 goal.

He seems to be doing fine in HB which is always a good thing, however people forgot how opponents in the EPL went past him with all ease or the times he didn't track back the penetrating midfielder. These are worrying attributes, especially in this league.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade

I doubt Douzy would renew his contract

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
That's rubbish. Him playing well increases the number of clubs who will want his signature. That competition increases the amount he will eventually sell for

He's got a year left on his contract come this summer. Buyers market and we'll get bent over.

What's to say he wouldn't just run his contract down and go on loan again?

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Really hope there's a way back for him with Basque Dog/God. Guendouzi and Thomas would make a very fine pivot, and Guendouzi, Thomas, and Ceballos is a fine 3 to rotate in the pivot.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Feels like he should have Willock's place in the squad. Don't think he has a route back to us though unless he comes hat in hand to Arteta.

It's a shame but I back Arteta on this. He knows what's going on behind the scenes

Willock is being played out of position as a ghetto Ramsey, and he is suffering because of it. I find it extremely hard to believe Guendouzi can do a better job than Willock as a 10.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
He’s blossoming on loan. He’s also a better player than Willock and Elneny who are getting plenty of minutes. I hope his relationship with Uncle Mikel isn’t broken beyond compare, I think this lad is a star in the making.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Willock is being played out of position as a ghetto Ramsey, and he is suffering because of it. I find it extremely hard to believe Guendouzi can do a better job than Willock as a 10.

Ehhh... I understand what you meant here but you might wanna tread lightly. I made a similar joke about AMN and was rightly pulled up on it.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Ieant his place in the squad. Not on the pitch. He definitely should be a CM I just meant getting Willock's minutes

OSBK

Established Member
I cant see how he stays with a year left and he has gone out on loan.

He came in from playing park football into regular premier league football, not many 19yr old french midfielders do that these days.

He is not perfect but he is better than neny, xhaka, dc in that position. He would be a fantastic foil for partey and we would have to mobile cm for the first time since forever. His arrogance and aggression is something we are desparate for, every top team has a sh*thouse in the team.

Likely he goes, top clubs will be after him and no doubt he will come back to haunt us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal

Latest posts

Top Bottom