Merci Arsène

Discussion in 'Arsenal History' started by kraphtous, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Best thing about the 7-1...while everyone else was feeling sorry for Brazil, you had a coked up Maradona laughing at them...GOAT!

Tir Na Nog likes this.
  2. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

3. Notorious Big

Notorious Big Drunka In Friend Zone

Should said Emirates Stadium :lol:,looks like Arsenal finished in his friend zone.

Riou and American_Gooner like this.
  4. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Emirates is a dead stadium though, what do you want him to say about it? Wenger has been talking about Arsenal for 30 years, nice to hear him talk about other stuff.

5. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

6. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne Wenger once said "I will miss you"

Fantastic stuff. That's not football, that's art. Hard to believe how much of that poetry didn't end in a goal!!

Heskey and Tir Na Nog like this.
  7. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Imagine how gutted you would be to have your first season as an Arsenal in 2018/2019, just missing the Arsène era...

Even if you just got to see Arsenal at The Emirates under him, you were still treated to the best football in the country for most of the time.

Still feels weird not having him manage us.

Heskey and Tir Na Nog like this.
  8. Fewtch

Fewtch Ozil at 10 And Emery Out

9. Heskey

Heskey Well-Known Member

As someone who started to watch Arsenal only in the Emirates era the style of Arséne and Arsenal was always something to be proud of.

In Denmark it was always, "You watch PL? Nice - who do you like? Arsenal? They play amazing football man! Great club!" pretty much no matter who they supported themselves they just seemed to have immense respect.

Of course, when we never beat any club to a title I suppose for some it was easier to not hate us as much as they had done in the past. :lol:

Riou likes this.
  10. Heskey

Heskey Well-Known Member

11. Fewtch

I find it funny how Wenger won’t stop mentioning that he wants see a certain type of football being played at Arsenal whenever he gets on these interviews. Watching Emery‘s 3 atb and 3 DMs tactics must have really made him sick to his stomach :lol:.
    He really is a purist.

12. Fewtch

:(

krengon likes this.
  13. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

Also, could we pin this thread at the top of this message board section? I hate the idea of this thread ever getting lost over time (@American_Gooner ).

Last edited: May 20, 2020
    Riou likes this.
  14. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Could Never Wifey An Opp Thot

We should change this thread name to 'Désolé Arsène, reviens s'il te plaît'.

Makingtrax likes this.
  15. Emeryates

Emeryates Heccy Regret

He's the reason we're in this mess, the evil man who spent nothing and bought Xhaka and Craptafi

16. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne Wenger once said "I will miss you"

Idiot fans will join him eventually as we dive head first into forgettable mid table mediocrity.

17. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Could Never Wifey An Opp Thot

There's certain posters on this forum who had so much hatred for Arsenal but now they want to be the guy to tell everyone it's not that bad. Such phoney people.

krengon, Makingtrax and Tir Na Nog like this.
  18. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Need him back in the club.

19. Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Dennis_Bergkamp_10 Well-Known Member

Say what you want about our years post 2006 under Wenger (personally I think he did a very good job till his last season here) but at least we were entertained in a lot of games. Clinging on to that is all we are now as a club.

The amount of times Arsenal social media post something about Bergkamp or other legends is telling about our current state. We are completely living off our history. Merci Arsène.

20. 14Henry

14Henry Well-Known Member

What was Wengers points per match his last 10 years?