• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Merci Arsène

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
It is pretty difficult to give up that fancy European lifestyle to come live anywhere here in Africa. Have you ever been to Africa?
I understand that, and it wouldn't be for me, but I have never seen much sign that Wenger enjoyed a fancy European lifestyle - he always strikes me as an aesthete rather than a hedonist

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I understand that, and it wouldn't be for me, but I have never seen much sign that Wenger enjoyed a fancy European lifestyle - he always strikes me as an aesthete rather than a hedonist
I'm not so sure about that. Expensive wines, lavish dinners and expensive suits. Sounds like an expensive style to me.

Remember that quote about spending "Anybody who comes to dinner with me knows I know how to spend"

Other than that there really isn't even one exciting league here. The asian leagues have more pull than African ones.

I'm not so sure about that. Expensive wines, lavish dinners and expensive suits. Sounds like an expensive style to me.

Remember that quote about spending "Anybody who comes to dinner with me knows I know how to spend"

Other than that there really isn't even one exciting league here. The asian leagues have more pull than African ones.

I'm assuming you're South African, I'm not saying Wenger would come here but everything you mentioned is available here. N I might be biased but the PSL is a pretty exciting league n given Mr Motsepes ambitious nature I could see something like that interesting him but it's highly unlikely.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I'm assuming you're South African, I'm not saying Wenger would come here but everything you mentioned is available here. N I might be biased but the PSL is a pretty exciting league n given Mr Motsepes ambitious nature I could see something like that interesting him but it's highly unlikely.
Sorry bru, think you're being a bit bias. The PSL is a bore. Poor football all round and unruly fans who don't deserve stadiums. There is a reason a laid back Barcelona team thrashed Sundowns. I'd put money on Crawley Town doing a job on any team in the PSL.

Agree we may just be one of the only nations who offer something for him and I would love to see it happen but I just can't picture this.

The only time you move from the Premier League to the PSL is if you're Steven Pienaar and you want to come home.

There is far too much politics in our sport for it to ever be of any great quality.

Sorry bru, think you're being a bit bias. The PSL is a bore. Poor football all round and unruly fans who don't deserve stadiums. There is a reason a laid back Barcelona team thrashed Sundowns. I'd put money on Crawley Town doing a job on any team in the PSL.

Agree we may just be one of the only nations who offer something for him and I would love to see it happen but I just can't picture this.

The only time you move from the Premier League to the PSL is if you're Steven Pienaar and you want to come home.

There is far too much politics in our sport for it to ever be of any great quality.
We'll have to agree to disagree my Bru, I happen to love the PSL from the crazy Fan(who are no different to European Ultras) to the Kasi Flavor and over the top skills, I treat the PSL like the WWE while The EPL is like my UFC

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
We'll have to agree to disagree my Bru, I happen to love the PSL from the crazy Fan(who are no different to European Ultras) to the Kasi Flavor and over the top skills, I treat the PSL like the WWE while The EPL is like my UFC

Always like it when people support their local club/league even if it's not regarded as one of the top leagues in the world.. Just because the standards aren't the same as the best doesn't mean it can't be exciting/fun.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Fair enough. I just can't get excited about the PSL.

But great to have another South African on AM.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member

Could see him going to Tanzania to manage Simba or Yanga or join the Kaiser's or Pirates over in SA... :lol:

Honestly laughing at the thought of Arsène managing an African club. We may not be that bad, but switching from a European cushioned lifestyle to the harsh realities of African lifestyle (even those who are wealthy) is quite a significant phase shift.

jeeves

on the contribution of African players to his career…
I had in my whole life African players and I opened a school in Africa with one of my friends. People like Yaya Toure, like Kolo Toure, like Eboue and Gervinho, they came all out of this school! So I had George Weah at a very young age, Lauren from Cameroon and all these African players in my team and they made a huge contribution.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
on the contribution of African players to his career…
I had in my whole life African players and I opened a school in Africa with one of my friends. People like Yaya Toure, like Kolo Toure, like Eboue and Gervinho, they came all out of this school! So I had George Weah at a very young age, Lauren from Cameroon and all these African players in my team and they made a huge contribution.
He's had players from all over and I am sure he would make similar statements regarding those regions if he was asked the question.
Appreciation for African players he has had and changing his lifestyle to take up a job in Africa are vastly different things.

Would love him here at Pirates. I'd start going to games again.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Wenger isn’t managing any sort of African team, which top manager has ever done this? Politics, finances etc, and the truth is you’re working with lesser players than elsewhere.

Wenger could get a European gig, and there is exciting and lucrative work in Asia and the Middle East.

African Nations should develop African managers and give them a chance, nothing more frustrating than some 80 year old unknown Eastern European managing a big African nation and having them playing like West Bromwich.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
With Zidane out of Madird, I sincerely hope he get the Madrid job. He deserves to win the CL. I really do hope he does with Madrid.

What the **** is this ****? People are acting like he's been imprisoned at Arsenal for 22 years. The bloke couldn't win it with one of the best teams in Europe between 2001-2005.

Chaoz_Enigma

What the **** is this ****? People are acting like he's been imprisoned at Arsenal for 22 years. The bloke couldn't win it with one of the best teams in Europe between 2001-2005.
Lets face it 2001-2005 ain't really the time PL is the best league. Fair to say we had a great team, but compared to the giants then? We cant win it. 2006 was a heart break though.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom