• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I agree with you in that the club could be more transparent but as I (& many others) have said he’s been an issue with every manager we’ve had.

It is especially detestable that he then uses his social media to manipulate peoples opinions on him (@razörist ) playing some sort of victim in all this mess. The guy is a disgrace. Has been for ages and it pisses me off that he pulls the wool over the eyes of the many, many sheep.
Club offered Mesut outrageous money and he took it. Who wouldn’t it? That’s not a crime. The person primarily responsible for the contract (Gazidis) is not here at the club anymore. Can’t blame him either. What you are left with is a club in a bad time and a player. And they have to make the best of it. And they don’t. They play games. They. Not just Mesut. The club keeps ****ing around, leaking to the media, mysterious absence of the player without explanation.

We have so many players other than Özil stealing a living at this club it’s ridiculous. Kolasinac. David Luiz. Mustafi. Sokratis. Holding. Bellerin. AMN. Xhaka. Ceballos. Chambers. Lacazette. All take a smaller piece than Özil but it adds up to a large damn pie. Most of them will be just as hard or even harder to move than Özil. If this is how the club does business we better get ready for a horror show.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Club offered Mesut outrageous money and he took it. Who wouldn’t it? That’s not a crime. The person primarily responsible for the contract (Gazidis) is not here at the club anymore. Can’t blame him either. What you are left with is a club in a bad time and a player. And they have to make the best of it. And they don’t. They play games. They. Not just Mesut. The club keeps ****ing around, leaking to the media, mysterious absence of the player without explanation.

We have so many players other than Özil stealing a living at this club it’s ridiculous. Kolasinac. David Luiz. Mustafi. Sokratis. Holding. Bellerin. AMN. Xhaka. Ceballos. Chambers. Lacazette. All take a smaller piece than Özil but it adds up to a large damn pie. Most of them will be just as hard or even harder to move than Özil. If this is how the club does business we better get ready for a horror show.
I never said it was just mesut being a ****.

But yeah lots of deadwood. The thing is though, how many other players have been as unavailable as Mesut Özil? Not a single other player, which my point is that Mesut is the biggest **** of a big group of ****s who just so happens to be paid the most (not his fault but it doesn’t help either tbh)

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
By his own standards of years ago, he was rubbish. He’s always near the top of the ground covered stats because he’s just jogs all over the place. That’s certainly not a reflection of how well he’s doing.
tenor.gif

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Imagine comparing Özil to Zidane.
One of the greatest players of all time & then Özil.

Go back and actually watch games Zidane played in. You think he was banging in volleys every game? Nah, he wasn't a perfect player. But he was supremely gifted technically, as is Özil. It's totally fair to compare them. The difference, as I clearly said, is motivation and grit that separates Zidane and makes him an all-time legend that Özil is not.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I was actually being kind. He was flat out bland at best, but his bar is so low that I can completely understand why some think he was pulling up trees.
Yeah, I actually don't remember when he played two good games in a row these games.

But I get angry when some guys just straight up blame him and his wages for what is happening to AFC. He's part of the problem, and maybe part of the solution.

It's like when Andre Santos or whoever swapped shirts with RvP in the ManUre game. Suddenly, that is all people remember about the gma,e and not our **** performance.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Yeah, I actually don't remember when he played two good games in a row these games.

But I get angry when some guys just straight up blame him and his wages for what is happening to AFC. He's part of the problem, and maybe part of the solution.

It's like when Andre Santos or whoever swapped shirts with RvP in the ManUre game. Suddenly, that is all people remember about the gma,e and not our **** performance.
Yeah of course it’s not his fault that all this is happening; it’s part of the problem but he was never the problem. I do think it’s starting to fester a bit now though, and it’d really be best for everyone if he were moved on ASAP, but it appears he’s not willing to go anywhere else at any cost.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

Dude. Özil's middle name was legally changed to "mysterious absence" a few years back when big Weng was the manager. I hope you're not suggesting this is a recent phenomenon. :lol:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Dude. Özil's middle name was legally changed to "mysterious absence" a few years back when big Weng was the manager. I hope you're not suggesting this is a recent phenomenon. :lol:
Things went downhill post Wenger.

What’s wrong with letting him miss some games? That’s man management, some players need it, Kieron Dyer was speaking about it this week.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
100% legit account buddy.
Wow, really had me convinced it was a Titania Mcgrath style spoof of a Guardian journalist reading through his tweets. Turns out he is ACTUALLY chief sports writer at the Guardian, educated at Oxford and he seriously (seriously?) thinks we are giving Özil 4 more years. You couldnt make it up, just wow.

He’s talking about that last world cup where Mesut created chance after chance for Germany but they bottled it. Löw panicked and sacrificed him in favor of the nice german blond guys to save himself and make the story about Mesut instead of his own failure to renew his team. He did that straight after the WC though and look, he’s still Germany manager today. Well played from Löw, misuse of facts from @say yes but that shouldn’t surprise you.

Revisionism at it's best, Özil was one of their worst players in that world cup if you actually watched the game instead of seeing pie charts. "Chances created" means nothing especially they are not proper goal scoring ones, how many set pieces were included in that. You make it sound like Özil dribbled past 3 players and laid the chance on a plate.
Won't be surprised that after 2 years people will look back and say "Arteta sacrificed Özil to look good among racist Arsenal faithful who turned on Mesut despite 7 glorious years with the club."

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Revisionism at it's best, Özil was one of their worst players in that world cup if you actually watched the game instead of seeing pie charts. "Chances created" means nothing especially they are not proper goal scoring ones, how many set pieces were included in that. You make it sound like Özil dribbled past 3 players and laid the chance on a plate.
Won't be surprised that after 2 years people will look back and say "Arteta sacrificed Özil to look good among racist Arsenal faithful who turned on Mesut despite 7 glorious years with the club."
trust a $ity fan to talk about tradition, history and racism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001
Top Bottom