<

Mesut Özil: Dinosaur Defender

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by razörist, Aug 18, 2020.

?

Will Mesut play for the Arsenal again?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Mods should ban Oxeki and Jury from this thread

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Oxeki

Oxeki New Threads, Old Tweets

You're an Özil ******. Deal with it!

Mod Edit: stop bypassing the swear censors, they are there for a reason

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2020
  2. Sammy1887

Sammy1887 New Year, Same Hate For Reed

Özil is pretty much **** for us now. None of the Arsenal fanbase would complain if he left tomorrow. #TrueStory

3. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

An overly positive poster, going as far as annoyingly so on occasions...they back their team basically, even during bleak times.

Someone who likes to enjoy life, approaches each day with a smile and a can do attitude...unlike a certain other group of nonces.

EmeryCouldnt and Oxeki like this.
  4. Makavelii

Makavelii Well-Known Member

Mods need to bring some order to this thread.

I’m still hoping that Özil will get back to form this season. He’s looked good in training and is only 31. As long as he can get back to being fully committed, I see no reason why he shouldn’t contribute positively this season.

Even if we get Aour, Özil could still offer us something very different as he’s a totally different, more creative type of player.

kash2 likes this.
  5. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

How do you know?

6. Makavelii

I watched.
    Kidding. I read an article that said so.

kash2 and American_Gooner like this.
  7. Ifly_Gooner

Ifly_Gooner Member

Always been a fan of Özil. :\ I hope he gets back in the team, with the pace up front that we have now his through balls and vision would be a delight to watch..

kash2 likes this.
  8. scytheavatar

scytheavatar Well-Known Member

He can't because Arteta isn't moving away from his 3-4-3 no matter how much fans want him to. We simply have no room in our tactics for Özil, unless he is willing to be a winger.

Oxeki likes this.
  9. Makavelii

Then why are we interested in Aouar?
    He's not suited to CM either and we have enough wingers.

10. scytheavatar

scytheavatar Well-Known Member

Aouar is a 8, not a 10 like many fans seem to think. Aouar is also young enough that he can still learn to be a different player, something that Özil will never become.

11. krackpot

krackpot Established Member

Gutted to see his slow death.

12. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

Aouar is only 22.

krackpot likes this.
  13. Oxeki

We're signing Aouar to replace Özil because Özil isn't up to it anymore.

14. TakeChillPill

TakeChillPill Well-Known Member

Özil should help out around the ground as he has a bit of free time and we've had lots of redundancies. With £350k a week I'm sure he could help out the kit man, the kitchen maybe even the social media team.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  15. Oxeki

He's brought in to play as an offensive CM like city have in Kdb, Foden and Silva.

Jury likes this.
  16. Jury

I was just trying to see how he's fit in that position, and he reminds me of Isco.

Oxeki likes this.
  17. Jury

Don't be. Every time I drive past his road I wish some of you lot could see how he lives :lol: The security gate was up and I couldn't even see the guy who mans it--you know how tempted I was to go down there and take some snaps with a written 'Jury' message, and then upload them here? Very :facepalm:

CaseUteinberger and krackpot like this.
  18. Oxeki

He's more mobile than Isco but Isco is a slightly better dribbler.

Isco is probably more suited playing deeper. More like a Thiago or a Santi.

19. Jury

I think he has the tools to play right down the middle. Takes it on the half turn from deep and advances with his head up. Very intelligent in how he receives it and distributes it. He's not too proud to just knock it off sensibly even if he's beat a couple of players. I hadn't bothered much with the videos so far but I'm really impressed.

Oxeki likes this.
  20. Makavelii

I’m leaning on the side of disagreeing with this. Not sure what the Lyon coach was doing, but judging by the stats - he doesn’t have the defensive discipline to play CM for us. I don’t think Arteta would be comfortable putting him there in most games.