• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Giroud

Established Member
Yeah I don't get what people are getting so arsey over. Do people not think that Özil would be a better player if he added a bit of grit and aggression to what he currently has? That's essentially what he's saying, he never said that Alli is a better player than Özil.

What exactly would so called grit and aggression add to Özil's game?

Özil's issues are rather systemic not individual. It's mad that we don't build our team around him considering the level he was playing at last year.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

If copying Alli is playing like Alli did today then people can **** off saying Özil should be more like Alli in any way shape or form. This is the same **** who was **** at the Euros, **** in the Champions League, **** against Gent (Genk?) and who got sent off for a ****ing moronic reckless challenge that could have seriously injured a player. What else should Özil do, lose 80% of his technical ability to be more like Alli?

Alli's racked up a few goals in the premier league (the pinnacle of football :rolleyes:) and once again he's being hyped up to a ridiculous level like so many others before him. Özil has won a world cup, has played for Real Madrid and helped us end our 9 year trophy drought, he's also had MOTM performances in El Clasico's. The last thing he needs to do is be more like some overhyped petulant ****. Guess what if Özil goes around punching, elbowing, diving, like Alli does he wouldn't get away with it in an Arsenal short. Özil was also outscoring and outperforming Alli up until a couple of months when Özil's form dropped along with everyone else in the team and our midfield became an utter shambles. No one was saying Özil should be more like Alli back in October or November.

Just **** off with this hyperbolic nonsense.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
What exactly would so called grit and aggression add to Özil's game?

Özil's issues are rather systemic not individual. It's mad that we don't build our team around him considering the level he was playing at last year.
Not heaps. But a higher work rate, some sort of ability to win 50/50s and an ability to dribble/take on his man (like he used to, it's not exactly aggression but he lacks power) would help his contribution.

It's not so much that, I just thought it was funny that people read what Dixon said and straight away got super defensive of Özil. Then started ****ting on Ali.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Dele Alli was garbage this season until he had a purple patch over the Christmas period, now people act like he's been brilliant the whole season.
He has a 'purple patch' every year though, doesn't he? That's not bad for a player surrounded by inferior players to what Özil is surrounded by.

I am doing this right, aren't I? :lol:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
He has a 'purple patch' every year though, doesn't he? That's not bad for a player surrounded by inferior players to what Özil is surrounded by.
People are putting him in the conversation for POTY, which is ridiculous considering his performances from August-December. People said Özil's lack of inclusion in the TOTS for 15/16 was justified because he fell off from January onwards but Alli gets in despite not showing up until Christmas? It's not even a bias because of his nationality, it's because he plays for the club the media love. Sickening tbh.
I am doing this right, aren't I?
:mad:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

@Jury should legit be banned from this thread? Is that possible? I'm not even joking.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
People are putting him in the conversation for POTY, which is ridiculous considering his performances from August-December. People said Özil's lack of inclusion in the TOTS for 15/16 was justified because he fell off from January onwards but Alli gets in despite not showing up until Christmas? It's not even a bias because of his nationality, it's because he plays for the club the media love. Sickening tbh.

:mad:
It's true he hasn't had a great season from the off. I'd be inclined to give him a pass because the Euro's and his age. It's tough being consistent at his age, but he's shook it off and he's thriving. A lot of others aren't... Just saying really. I'm not some Alli fan and I'm definitely not using his current form to bash Özil with.

Reactions: A_G

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I think Özil is better than Alli, definitely, As far as talent and footballing ability is concerned. Alli can be a pretty handy player though. Better in duels, and has this positive aggression along with a kind of power that can be helpful. Otherwise Özil wins. Ali is incredibly overrated though. All the Sp**s English players are media darlings.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh

why take two touches when one is enough? honestly cannot think of a better one-touch passer...maybe Zizou
Messi, Bergkamp, RVP, Totti, David Silva, Sneijder, Busquets, Scholes, Kroos, Modric et al are great 1-2 passers. The secret is the speed of their brain and perfect technique.

Özil's control and touch are pure class but I think we've had better in that regard in DB and RVP. However his passing technique, the weight on them is perfect most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom