• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RoadrunnerReloaded

Messi, Bergkamp, RVP, Totti, David Silva, Sneijder, Busquets, Scholes, Kroos, Modric et al are great 1-2 passers. The secret is the speed of their brain and perfect technique.

Özil's control and touch are pure class but I think we've had better in that regard in DB and RVP. However his passing technique, the weight on them is perfect most of the time.

RVP was not better than Özil at one touch passing. He was better at one touch shooting but not passing.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
'One touch passing'. If you're a World class footballer, you've pretty much got that discipline licked. Arguing who's better at it out of a bunch of world class footballers is painful :lol:

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
RVP was not better than Özil at one touch passing. He was better at one touch shooting but not passing.
I didn't mean those players were better at one touch passing but to point out there are many one touch passers. RVP had a great 1-2 touch passing game for a striker. Instant control and release.

skip spence

why take two touches when one is enough? honestly cannot think of a better one-touch passer...maybe Zizou
Tbqh I don't see what that video is supposed to prove. If those are all his touches he did **** all that that game and the one touch passes were almost exclusively to players standing five yards right in front of him. I mean, I don't know the context of the game, Germany were probably in the lead and content to knock it around leisurely but that performance is hardly anything to drawl over ...

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Messi, Bergkamp, RVP, Totti, David Silva, Sneijder, Busquets, Scholes, Kroos, Modric et al are great 1-2 passers. The secret is the speed of their brain and perfect technique.

Özil's control and touch are pure class but I think we've had better in that regard in DB and RVP. However his passing technique, the weight on them is perfect most of the time.
In terms of one-touch passing, no.

Messi=ball hog...i took his game vs Almeria:

Silva=hype.needs ags to see a pass...check this game. doesnt pass even though he has options.

Modric=amazing, but still a level slower:

sneijder, no idea...scholes had a wicked pass but overhyped..

shame on you for mentioning Totti...he walks alone...no equals.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
'One touch passing'. If you're a World class footballer, you've pretty much got that discipline licked. Arguing who's better at it out of a bunch of world class footballers is painful :lol:
anybody with legs can do it, in fact. just like anyone can post on a form, and even good posters can type **** sometimes.

4R5Emaniac

In terms of one-touch passing, no.

Messi=ball hog...i took his game vs Almeria:

Silva=hype.needs ags to see a pass...check this game. doesnt pass even though he has options.

Modric=amazing, but still a level slower:

sneijder, no idea...scholes had a wicked pass but overhyped..

shame on you for mentioning Totti...he walks alone...no equals.
Man, these youtube compilations of one match of each player don't do the business. I've seen them play great one touch passes in more than a handful of matches.

Hyruga

Özil is too slow and not aggressive enough. He also lacks the hunger to succeed at the highest level. His mentality was already weak and made worse when he joined Arsenal.

Comparing similar values player, I will take Kante or Di Maria anytime.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Man, these youtube compilations of one match of each player don't do the business. I've seen them play great one touch passes in more than a handful of matches.
thats why i'm comparing their 90 minutes vs Ozils 30-odd.

they might do it once per game but not consistently enough, and that disqalifies them. miight be good at other things

4R5Emaniac

thats why i'm comparing their 90 minutes vs Ozils 30-odd.

they might do it once per game but not consistently enough, and that disqalifies them. miight be good at other things
Fair enough.

Where the hell have you been anyway? I got white belt btw :cool:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Tbqh I don't see what that video is supposed to prove. If those are all his touches he did **** all that that game and the one touch passes were almost exclusively to players standing five yards right in front of him. I mean, I don't know the context of the game, Germany were probably in the lead and content to knock it around leisurely but that performance is hardly anything to drawl over ...
he played 30 minutes. it accentuates his importance because he doesnt need to trap-look-pass, and even a teram like germany doesnt have someone like him

especially as Azerbaijan were very very good in that game.

4R5Emaniac

Woah! Congratulations. Wish you all the best.

I'm getting fed up with AFC, to answer your questiion. might go and follow Serie A until Wenger leaves.
Thanks! Same here and I suspect its the same for a lot of us. I might take a big break from following anything football if Arsenal's summer doesn't bring some excitement.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan

Meanwhile, contract talks with Özil will resume at the end of the season after both parties failed to reach an agreement over an extension. The Germany international is happy in London but talks have not progressed as expected, with one source telling Goal that protracted negotiations have turned into a ‘game of poker’.

Goal understands that Özil has no intention of relocating from London to Manchester, however, which puts any potential move into huge doubt. Talks will continue at the end of the season and it's likely that the future of Wenger will have a bearing on his final decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom