• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
Nope.

'Is' is also valid as well.

Germany head coach Joachim Low told Sport Bild that Neuer is his first choice goalkeeper'.

Either the reporter was trying to discredit Özil as a player who's past his prime or Joachim Low really thought so. Of course, the reporter could be living in the past, just like all Liverpool and Manutd fans.

For cryin out loud...

Look at Low's actual quote. He talks about Mesut's qualities in the present tense. There's nothing wrong with how the reporter phrased it.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
This whole forum is practically 'anti-Özil' now. You need to get with it lad.

..... which in your world, translates to:

c37a6cc5f88867e5387b8787aaf67afc350b3f37f357ed0a3088241488063bce.jpg

Godwin1

Very well-known
Felt it was too rigid back then and it was more 4-1-4-1 than a fluid 4-3-3, while Wilshere-Ramsey just didn't work as they were getting into each others way. It'd be a pity if it permanently put Wenger off the idea of ever trying again.

Lucas Alexis Özil
Ramsey Ox
Xhaka
I feel out of our current options this would work best as that front three all are capable of interchanging quite well.
You have to wonder when other AM's come to the premiership, such as Silva you are mentioned, why are they all fit into a system that suits their clubs rather than giving them a free role like we have Özil. It's particularly perplexing as I don't feel we've got the two players behind him right for some time.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I want him deeper on the pitch, and I want us to stick to 433 no AM.
We should upgrade on Lb and get a physical one. We need that to balance our defense but it would also help out midfield balance. If we could find a lefty Sagna it would be brilliant.
Havent seen much of Mendy but he strikes me as potential solution.

Özil is not a great defender, but he does have a great feeling for the game. You want ur playmakers to be in the middle of everything, and surely he would be much more involved as CM rather than a 2nd striker.
I am not going to get dragged into discussion if he can play there or not, but let me just say he did start as CM and was terrific, plus, surely it can only be better then having him isolated up front. Once again I'll bring Pirlo up. He never was a great defender, but he had great feeling for a game and where to position himself. You could barely see him struggle as a DM cause he was always 2 steps ahead of everything.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
In my opinion Özil staying at Arsenal wouldn't be loyalty, I think he's just comfortable in the best city in the world getting paid to not push himself.
Sanchez on the other hand seriously wants to win things and play for a top team.
I've said this many times, I dont think Wenger gets the best out of Özil because he is too relaxed and doesnt push him.
I personally would be happy for Özil to leave if we kept a happy Sanchez

Hyruga

You can't mix past and present tense. You could write that, but you'd be wrong. You'd get marks taken off a GSCE English exam writing like that ffs.
Thanks. Just realized my mistake.

Özil still sucks and is past his peak anyway. His younger years were probably his best years. Now he is just going through the motions.

Last edited:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You can't mix past and present tense. You could write that, but you'd be wrong. You'd get marks taken off a GSCE English exam writing like that ffs.
the reporter or Low himself got his tenses mixed up, but it is still correct English.

Notice the article used 'was'
Not really your fault for the incorrect tense in the original article.I never won any elocution contests, but I will try this for you:

Red is Past
Blue is Present
Meanwhile, Germany head coach Joachim Low told Sport Bild that Özil was "one of the best players in the No. 10 position in the world."

"His passes, his touch of the ball are unique," Low said. "He plays his passes directly into the running path of his teammates, exactly where they have to go. That's Mesut's big strength, and Cristiano Ronaldo profited from it at Real.

"Sure, his performances are patchy sometimes. But he does things, which not everyone sees at first glance. Even when he is not at his best, he usually has the best running performances at the highest intensity. He covers a lot of ground, and a few don't realise it.

"Mesut can make the difference."

Meanwhile, Germany head coach Joachim Low told Sport Bild that Özil was "one of the best players in the No. 10 position in the world."

The first sentence is in past tense, so the usage is correct for that sentence. As the reporter had already used a past tense in the sentence, he cannot use present tense.

And that concludes the English lesson for today.

Reactions: A_G

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
In my opinion Özil staying at Arsenal wouldn't be loyalty, I think he's just comfortable in the best city in the world getting paid to not push himself.
Sanchez on the other hand seriously wants to win things and play for a top team.
I've said this many times, I dont think Wenger gets the best out of Özil because he is too relaxed and doesnt push him.
I personally would be happy for Özil to leave if we kept a happy Sanchez

Lies.

InvertedFootballer

Arsène's latest statement about thinking Özil and Alexis will stay pretty much confirms Özil imo

Guy has been clear about how nice is it to work with Wenger, be it for the freedom Wenger gives him and his evolution as a footballer or because he's allowed to get away with being **** for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom