• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Sanchez played his best football with Özil and Wenger. Went to Utd and knew in his first training session he made a mistake and wanted to come back.
Has he said this, or is this a continuation of the ‘Wenger isn’t a legend’ stuff? :lol:

GunnerShy

Not according to Arsenal. Mari is expected to return to full training in another 10 days. Chambers is still out and at the time of submitting the squad Mustafi had not been cleared. That is 3 defenders that were injured at the time.

In any case his propensity to stack the team with defenders who are even injured and exclude creativity is a bigger concern of mine.
Chambers is homegrown so irrelevant. You don't not register Mustafi because he's days away from being available or Mari who is weeks away if you intend to play them.

You're point was he could have registered them but was being punitive. Simply not true. I'm sure he'd have preferred to register them and not play them to avoid a flash point. He had to register those he intends to play.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Yeah Sanchez was carrying that Chile side to a couple of Copa americas as well in his time with us. Whilst his form at united was surprising I think playing that amount of games just burned him out, especially with the intensity he had.
All you mention plus playing for @GDeep™ ’s boy, Mourinho. Alexis dragging his immense bollocks around took its toll on him too. A player who left all on the park for us every week, but he out performed Özil so in the end there was a fatwa out on him.

Dj_sds -

Özil has a cult following the likes I've never seen before. They lie at his feet at the push of a button.

You hate to think how they'd turn on Wenger if he hadn't allowed him his sick days.

I think there is a very strong correlation between wenger supporters and the Özil cult.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I think there is a very strong correlation between wenger supporters and the Özil cult.
I think a lot of Özil supporters became Wenger supporters as he's the only one that allowed him his privileges and never said a bad thing about him.

They championed Mikel as they expected he'd treat Özil the same, but when it turned out Mikel actually has a backbone and doesn't give special treatment to his old pal they were quick to turn on him.

They're the type that love a martyr (Wenger, Özil, the 54, Gunnersaurus) to allow them to play the victim card and make it seem like they're on the right side of the argument.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think that's fair. If it's in your nature to defend one person from from made up ****, you're likely to defend another. I can't help it but on line hate really annoys me, particularly when it's unjust.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
problem with online hate is that you never know where it's coming from, or what the person's motives are

some of the support for Özil goes way beyond normal fandom

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think a lot of Özil supporters became Wenger supporters as he's the only one that allowed him his privileges and never said a bad thing about him.

They championed Mikel as they expected he'd treat Özil the same, but when it turned out Mikel actually has a backbone and doesn't give special treatment to his old pal they were quick to turn on him.

They're the type that love a martyr (Wenger, Özil, the 54, Gunnersaurus) to allow them to play the victim card and make it seem like they're on the right side of the argument.
Or . . . they championed Wenger because he was a top manager, and Özil because he's very talented, if if politically naive. And seeing the 55 and Gunnersaurus getting sacked at the same time as paying millions to a greedy agent who's cleverly sold us some ageing footballers on long term contracts, seems an injustice.

You don't have to be on the side of the bad guys bro. ;)

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
problem with online hate is that you never know where it's coming from, or what the person's motives are

some of the support for Özil goes way beyond normal fandom
People generally don't climb down on this board. And the tougher it is to defend their player, the crazier they seem. That's when it appears to go beyond fandom. On social media, it's just unwavering support for the man which has no connection to the club. There's a lot of anger and hate directed at this country as well. It's borderline extremism.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Or . . . they championed Wenger because he was a top manager, and Özil because he's very talented, if if politically naive. And seeing the 55 and Gunnersaurus getting sacked at the same time as paying millions to a greedy agent who's cleverly sold us some ageing footballers on long term contracts, seems an injustice.

You don't have to be on the side of the bad guys bro. ;)

one good thing is that the bumsquad in their desperation have declared their undying support to Arteta. We should make a note of this.

its a good first step back into the light bsquad, now keep going and talk about positives of mikel and the team rather than finding the next thing to whine and outrage about. Step by step if you keep doing this, day by day, in every way you will get better and better.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
There probably is a general correlation between being pro-Wenger and anti-Özil.
Though I was pro-Wenger till the end and have become anti-Özil, and I doubt I'm the only one in that boat.

Think it's a bit unfair to call Özil supporters a cult though, at least on here. I can totally understand why some on here still really like him, on his day he was a joy to watch. I think it's only a handful that legitimately need some kind of cult de-programming :lol:

Looking at the bigger picture on social media, it's clear why so many worship and are fanatical about him. I don't need to explain why.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
It would have been nice if Wenger was in charge when it was time to replace Özil. At least we know for sure that we wouldn’t have started the season with false 9 Willian as our only creative outlet. But then again, people would still be complaining about unathletic players, tippy tappy football and no tactics.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
the usual stirrers slyly sneaking in words like fatwa, extremism and cult. despicable "banter".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom