Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by blaze_of_glory, Jan 6, 2016.

?

What should be done with Özil?

1. Bring him back as a central figure in the team and keep

39.6%
  2. Play him regularly rest of this season but look to sell in summer

26.2%
  3. Mostly bench for rest of season and then sell in summer

14.6%
  4. Don't care, whatever Emery/the upstairs football committee want

19.5%
  1. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Laca Respect for Alexandre

You can't criticism Lacazette here without a legion of his fanboys coming for you.

If Mesut had a fresh hair cut every week and danced with his hips during celebrations these guys would love him more.

GDeep™ likes this.
  2. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

If he had a reason to dance in celebration, he wouldn't be getting flack. Doesn't score, doesn't assist. It'd look funny if he started doing the caterpillar all the way to the bench as he was subbed in the 65th minute again though.

I'll be very surprised and quite disappointed if he's chosen to play tonight. Can't afford to play him in physical away games anymore this season. He wont like that at all.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  3. Jury

Gets another pass because most of the others were sh!t again... I mean, we can't really expect him to do anything if nobody does anything, can we? What have we got here, seriously? Where else on earth is a supposed world class player given such slack?

To think players like Alexis were hated...

:rofl:

CaseUteinberger likes this.
  4. Godwin1

Godwin1 Very well-known

But he's not an impact sub remember.

CaseUteinberger and Jury like this.
  5. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Thought he was fine tbh, got into some decent positions to score but had his shots blocked and actually worked hard off the ball.

6. say yes

say yes To VAR

It’s away from home. Can’t say I expected anything.

Jury and <<reed>> like this.
  7. Jury

Sort of cameo you'd expect to get from a journeyman schemer type player in the twilight of his career. Not some bloke on 350k a week who's considered by people on here to be one of the best No.10's in the world. It's tragic :lol:

say yes and CaseUteinberger like this.
  8. Vinci

Vinci The Sultan of Unai

Simply have to adjust expectations of him, he isn't even close to the player he was at Madrid.

A player in decline, who sometimes comes up with some good passes.

say yes, <<reed>> and ThlRama like this.
  9. Jury

Off the bench away from home, no less. Emery must have been doing lines under his coat on the bench.

10. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Ozil+Laca+Auba ffs Moderator

Another **** performance from the team when Özil doesn't start. Standard.

11. Oh_Snap

Oh_Snap Well-Known Member

Just love the fact he's gonna be here at least one more season. Still our best player and still surrounded by mediocrity, soaking up the hate from the heathens.

12. pigge

pigge Well-Known Member

Since koscielny came back, he is better for me, id say leno is better than özil atm as well.

13. Oh_Snap

Oh_Snap Well-Known Member

Had a moment where i thought of writing "outfield player" cuz of Leno, one of the few signings in the right direction in the past years. Kosc is a Boss too but i fear it'll be his last season for us. Will probably harder to replace than Mesut at one point. For Mesut we gonna have ESR who i have big hopes in. For defenders it looks grim.

14. SomGooner

SomGooner Prolific Liker

Last time I was here only @Jury was fed up with his nonsense but now everybody has turned against him including one of his staunch supporters in @American_Gooner

My brother asked me the other day who I’d have picked between him and Hatem Ben Arfa and why knowing how both turned out? I replied Ben Arfa in instant.

I feel embarrassed when I remember how hard I celebrated when we signed him. What a shame...what a wasted talent.

MaraDon, Jury, say yes and 3 others like this.
  15. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

I don't know if I've fully turned against him, I'm more like a disappointed parent with him. I know he has so much potential but he sits around at home playing PS4 all day. It's a shame.

Jury, say yes and SomGooner like this.
  16. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

Really really didn't want to see him starting a tough away game in the league. He's just not cut out for it at the moment. Sorry its come to this, but was delighted when I saw him missing from the line-up yesterday.

Miki's not much better away mind you, but its the lesser of 2 evils!

17. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

I thought Özil was better than Mikhi when he came on. He made good runs and had some decent passes. One or two times could have had a shot as well. Mikhi was just poverty. I was hoping the ball didn;t get to him because he just fluffed it time and time again

SomGooner likes this.
  18. ChefMan21

ChefMan21 Active Member

I think, based on sheer footballing ability, he's a class above the rest of the team. Which is why I think sometimes he gets singled out as a poor or non-performer. If I look at the other ten players in a team like Real Madrid, against the other ten players on the field at Arsenal, it's quite a difference. At Real, you might be able to be a little bit quiet because of the proven quality in the first XI whereas at Arsenal...

Seems to me Özil is the barometer of the strength/weakness of our squad (at least in terms of current stature of existing players) against Arsenal squads in the past. It's a big step from Adams/Vieira/Bergkamp/Pires/Henry et al to where we are now?

Mrs Bergkamp likes this.
  19. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

Agreed Mikhi had a horrific first half. I pray there will be a huge cull in the summer. Have very little love for a fair few of this squad.

20. MaraDon

MaraDon Wants you to learn about football

would you sell if China appears with 50-70 million pounds???