• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Can’t believe for the life of me that he’s going to be kept on and used the same way as he was last season—the way he thoroughly deserved to be used as well, I might add.

The blame would be squarely on management if that was the case. A clear plan needs to be shown by either using him whenever fit or getting rid of him.
What can management do when you’re protected by a contract?

You can tell him he won’t play but him and his team won’t get shook, he has a fan base within Arsenal and Emery will be under pressure to select him.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
If there's an Özil out thread, I couldn't find it. I'm sure there is, but maybe it's one with a name that doesn't make much sense. Anyway...

And so the circus begins, didn’t even wait for pre-season!

Eagerly anticipating the first “fit and ready” tweet from Özil the Friday before a game. That’s how we will know the season has begun in earnest.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

You can tell him he won’t play but him and his team won’t get shook, he has a fan base within Arsenal and Emery will be under pressure to select him.

If this is true and if his presence is going to create more negatives around the team than positives, they could eat a big chunk of the money and send him off to Turkey (or eat it all and let him go). If he's not going to be the player he was, then the money is already down a rat hole anyway.

Ultimately, it's the fault of Gazidis, who panicked into giving Özil that crazy contract in the first place. But he doesn't have to suffer the consequences of his mistake. From a moral standpoint, he should be required to take both Özil and Mustafi to Milan.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

It’s not about being shook. Özil’s fan base is ****ing Saudi Arabia. Nobody gives a toss over here where it matters

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
is it possible Özil is deliberately holding back in the hopes Emery will fail? I really would hate for this to be true, but it's happened before, and to better managers than Emery

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

• Negotiate and meet in the middle to buy out contract so both parties can move on
  • Subsidise his move away
  • Send him away for re-motivation therapy hosted by Dr. Martin Keown
  • Hire a Ray Donavan type figure to record him in a compromising situation and terminate his contract

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It’s clear Emery is not a fan to put it mildly, particularly in light of his strops and outbursts. If Emery is being told he has to make the situation work then he should resign. I’d want him to resign. It’s a very interesting situation and it’s going to reveal a lot more about both of them.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
His contract is excessive but we were told that the move to Emirates would allow us to cater for these situations. If he's staying, then I hope he plays well even if it's only home games. There's no way the board should use his contract as an excuse not to buy everything we need. Emery needs to perform himself this season too. He's had a steep learning curve but its time to deliver on results or performance,preferably both.

blaze_of_glory

If this is true and if his presence is going to create more negatives around the team than positives, they could eat a big chunk of the money and send him off to Turkey (or eat it all and let him go). If he's not going to be the player he was, then the money is already down a rat hole anyway.

Ultimately, it's the fault of Gazidis, who panicked into giving Özil that crazy contract in the first place. But he doesn't have to suffer the consequences of his mistake. From a moral standpoint, he should be required to take both Özil and Mustafi to Milan.
He's massively popular with his team mates.

I agree him staying may cause more problems than not, but it won't be within the squad. Much the opposite. The problems have to do with finances, and those are self-inflicted by the club.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
All our best players in the past have wanted to leave once it was clear we wasn’t going to compete with the very best.... Makes you wonder. ****ing sods law.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
He's massively popular with his team mates.

I agree him staying may cause more problems than not, but it won't be within the squad. Much the opposite. The problems have to do with finances, and those are self-inflicted by the club.

As I said, this is ultimately the fault of Gazidis. I don't think anybody begrudges Özil his money either. But regardless of how popular he is with his teammates, a policy of "outlasting" the manager could end up costing him in the dressing room as well if his teammates begin to feel he's just coasting and drawing his paycheck without doing everything the manager asks of him. It's a delicate balance that could backfire in a variety of ways. They want to win and they will expect everyone to be on board with that.

scytheavatar

Established Member

Emery is under pressure even if he selects Özil so why does this matter? No matter what Emery does he'll be attacked by fans if he doesn't produce results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas
Top Bottom