• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

You guys understand that having a player that can control a football under pressure, make the right decision on the ball and keep it also helps the defense right? It’s not all sliding tackles and rough manly challenges? Everybody loves to look at Liverpool as and example but do you know that City’s best defense is their attack? Opponent can’t score if they don’t have the ball. You understand that having DM’s punt it away and attackers lose it every 5 seconds puts a team under enormous pressure like what happened against Watford? I hope you guys understand that, Emery certainly doesn’t.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
He’s played two games ...? He was good in both, what else do we want? Our team is better in attack with him. Our defense is not worse with him, because he’s not a defender. If anything we could have used him after he was subbed against watford because nobody in midfield or attack could make the right decision on the ball, and that’s something he does well. But **** it, three DM’s away at old trafford it is, another **** team with no confidence and we will help them out.

Sorry the s slipped in there. I said he was good one and decent the other. I also said he wasn't running any show in either game. He made like one good pass vs watford or something. Either way i'm not here talking about tactics.

However we have a better first 11 without him imo.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

You guys understand that having a player that can control a football under pressure, make the right decision on the ball and keep it also helps the defense right? It’s not all sliding tackles and rough manly challenges? Everybody loves to look at Liverpool as and example but do you know that City’s best defense is their attack? Opponent can’t score if they don’t have the ball. You understand that having DM’s punt it away and attackers lose it every 5 seconds puts a team under enormous pressure like what happened against Watford? I hope you guys understand that, Emery certainly doesn’t.
Stop making it like its Özil or hoofball ffs. The guy can make a good pass and hold the ball. He can also sulk, jog back and give up as soon as it gets hard. Rather have willock in there everytime.

Reactions: CJJ

razörist

Stop making it like its Özil or hoofball ffs. The guy can make a good pass and hold the ball. He can also sulk, jog back and give up as soon as it gets hard. Rather have willock in there everytime.
I would sulk too with Emery as my manager.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Ah, the chances created stuff, I missed it.
Calum Chambers had more assists in one game than Özil in the last 2 seasons, what's next?
Chambers scored more goals than Ceballos. So why don't you play Chambers as the #10? Idiot.

It's not hoofball because

a. We do not (and cannot) play long, unless we play Luiz

b. We cannot win headers.

In short, it's not hoofball but it is something like the sideways **** that was present in the last few seasons under Wenger.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Chambers scored more goals than Ceballos. So why don't you play Chambers as the #10? Idiot.

It's not hoofball because

a. We do not (and cannot) play long, unless we play Luiz

b. We cannot win headers.

In short, it's not hoofball but it is something like the sideways **** that was present in the last few seasons under Wenger.

Either way it has 0 to do with Özil.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Dont need to run after a ball if you dont lose it in the first place. With ridiculous, senseless dribbling f.e.
It's a team sport, if your teammate loses the ball you help to win it back.
And yesterday Özil made 4 inaccurate passes, so Özil loses the ball just as other players.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Either way it has 0 to do with Özil.
Özil plays almost exlusively in the opposition half. He's made a career out of holding the ball and creating chances.

If you want a team without Özil, you have to give me something other than Auba bailing us out every other game.

You need more than two ways to score. Emery has one: fullback overlaps and cuts it back. If this plan doesnt work, we are stuck, unless we have someone like an Özil or Auba or Laca who can make a play and affect a goal.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Come on Trills, just looks at our defensive record under Wengs even just the season before playing guys like Özil, Xhaka and Mustafi , Wilshere it's still better than Unai's in every metric :lol:

Don't fall for the bullshit , we are conceding because there is an acre of space in mid and virtually no tracking back. It's systemic. Has Özil not paying made a difference to the 100 shots on target per game ?
Sorry, I was thinking like Emery. I’m actually disgusted. :facepalm:

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Özil plays almost exlusively in the opposition half. He's made a career out of holding the ball and creating chances.

If you want a team without Özil, you have to give me something other than Auba bailing us out every other game.

You need more than two ways to score. Emery has one: fullback overlaps and cuts it back. If this plan doesnt work, we are stuck, unless we have someone like an Özil or Auba or Laca who can make a play and affect a goal.
We did very well yesterday without Özil. Özil doesnt solve our problems. Problems are No fullbacks, bad central midfielders and xhaka. We Will play much better with these problems fixed soon. Bit worried about xhaka though

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
We did very well yesterday without Özil. Özil doesnt solve our problems. Problems are No fullbacks, bad central midfielders and xhaka. We Will play much better with these problems fixed soon. Bit worried about xhaka though

"Willock over Özil EVERY time." I like willock but this is just delusion.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

"Willock over Özil EVERY time." I like willock but this is just delusion.
Well of we play 3 DMS maybe not, but in our possible three man midfield. I would. Honestly though , willock so far is way more consistent than özil has been the last two years.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It's a team sport, if your teammate loses the ball you help to win it back.
And yesterday Özil made 4 inaccurate passes, so Özil loses the ball just as other players.
Ceballos: 6 Matches, 10 times dispossessed, 7 Unsuccessful Touches. Most for Arsenal. Followed by Pepe and AMN and the usual suspects.

Özil doesn't lose the ball, especially not in midfield, so stop bullshitting.

Ceballos and Willock lead our possession lost stats for this year. Xhaka doesn't really lose the ball.

What we don't do, is create chances which is what we do very well with Özil.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Ceballos: 6 Matches, 10 times dispossessed, 7 Unsuccessful Touches. Most for Arsenal. Followed by Pepe and AMN and the usual suspects.

Özil doesn't lose the ball, especially not in midfield, so stop bullshitting.

Ceballos and Willock lead our possession lost stats for this year. Xhaka doesn't really lose the ball.

What we don't do, is create chances which is what we do very well with Özil.
All i am saying is I rather play torreira,willock,guen than have Özil in there. I dont rate him.

Never Said özil lost the ball. I must be talking to someone elden.

He has a few Good games a year. Not enough. He got what 2 assists last year? Probably in One game.

razörist

Emery is just taking the piss

Unless he starts him against United

Which he wont
Any discussion on him is pointless anyway, as long as Emery is here it will not work. He rested him against Frankfurt for the weekend, only to not play him at home against Villa. He's his captain against Forrest, and is his first sub (not counting ESR injury). It's clear he doesn't want to play him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom