• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moah

Oh I blame it all on the board, for all wengers class you can't ask any man to be able to walk away from something he loved so much and had put so much into

Only reason the board couldnt get klopp is cus they arent very good at their jobs, if we wanted him im pretty certain he woulda came

I can confidently say that any manager would be honored to replace Wenger after all those years. Also, Arsenal had a better stand and players than Liverpool at the time so he'd have come no doubt.

Pepes blue pill

A guy like Klopp will have demands, Liverpool can meet those as they’ve always been traditional big spenders - I’m not sure Arsenal would’ve given him those assurances.

Ultimately, I don’t think we have the ambition to hire the best, buy the best, compete with the best etc. Look at the two massagers we’ve employed after Wenger, one is a mid level guy, and the other is a total newbie. Our signings have been dreadful too.

Club is going nowhere with Stan. Well, it’s going somewhere, it’s going downhill.

well will agree to disagree

GDeep™

League is very weak
I can confidently say that any manager would be honored to replace Wenger after all those years. Also, Arsenal had a better stand and players than Liverpool at the time so he'd have come no doubt.
Top managers are only attracted by big budgets. Arsenal have never offered that. Look at our appointments post Wenger, nowhere near top level managers.

GDeep™

League is very weak
If Arsenal offered Potch massive wages and massive budgets, he would be here today and next season we could be challenging for the title.

Stan told us he’s not here to win titles though.

Pepes blue pill

We had two chances after Wenger to hire whoever we wanted, we went for cheap, work in a budget type managers. Arsenal don’t have the ambition.

Newcastle will appoint Mauricio Potchetino. Budgets are king.

The arsenal board being **** isnt the part I disagreed with, thought u were saying klopp wouldnt come here which is what I disagreed with

GDeep™

League is very weak
The arsenal board being **** isnt the part I disagreed with, thought u were saying klopp wouldnt come here which is what I disagreed with
We don’t have the ambition for a top manager like him, we’ve seen that since Wenger has gone, twice we could’ve appointed top level managers and we didn’t.

A guy like Stan Kroenke simply doesn’t have the ambition or vision to employ a Klopp or anyone like him.

Kroenke had Wenger for 10 years and made him work with peanuts.

Pepes blue pill

We don’t have the ambition for a top manager like him, we’ve seen that since Wenger has gone, twice we could’ve appointed top level managers and we didn’t.

A guy like Stan Kroenke simply doesn’t have the ambition or vision to employ a Klopp or anyone like him.

Kroenke had Wenger for 10 years and made him work with peanuts.

Again not what I was saying

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
We have to stop blaming managers when emery first game Özil had great first 4 months then the performance gone to s**t we all noticed.
What I’m saying is that whoever invested that much money on a single player should’ve made sure to not appoint such a stylistically negative manager who would become incompatible with the highest earner. They could’ve sold him in Jan and went all in on the Emery vision in the summer. But that would require planning 4 months ahead of time which is of course impossible.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If Arsenal offered Potch massive wages and massive budgets, he would be here today and next season we could be challenging for the title.

Stan told us he’s not here to win titles though.
Poch won't have taken us anywhere.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Poch won't have taken us anywhere.
Took Sp**s to regular top 4 and a CL final.

My point is there is no point in saying “what if” with Klopp, as we had two chances since Wenger to appoint a similar elite name and we didn’t.

Last edited:

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

My point is there is no point in saying “what if” with Klopp, as we had two chances since Wenger to appoint a similar elite name and we didn’t.
My point is that there was no guaranty that poch would've done well here. Just like Emery seemed like a sensible approach at the time but backfired big time.

My point is that all top class managers with the exception of Max Allegri was unavailable when we sacked Emery.

I think the club made the best decision to appoint Arteta. He might not be as experienced as Poch, but he knew the many of the current players. He's managed to unite the club.

What would Poch had done if come here?

He would probably have spent most of his time fighting Özil and this thread would have then become another Republican vs Democratic sh!tfest.
I do get your point though, but the safe choice doesn't always work out

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
My point is that there was no guaranty that poch would've done well here. Just like Emery seemed like a sensible approach at the time but backfired big time.

My point is that all top class managers with the exception of Max Allegri was unavailable when we sacked Emery.

I think the club made the best decision to appoint Arteta. He might not be as experienced as Poch, but he knew the many of the current players. He's managed to unite the club.

What would Poch had done if come here?

He would probably have spent most of his time fighting Özil and this thread would have then become another Republican vs Democratic sh!tfest.
I do get your point though, but the safe choice doesn't always work out
There is not a single manager in the world who could win us anything bigger than a domestic cup.
What we needed was a manager who can work with young players and by doing that reducing the squad cost. Think we have that now, we won't win anything and we won't be close to winning things, but we need to start working today to get something after 2-3 years when we get rid of all the bums that are currently playing.
Allegri would be absolutely the worst choice at that point.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

There is not a single manager in the world who could win us anything bigger than a domestic cup.
What we needed was a manager who can work with young players and by doing that reducing the squad cost. Think we have that now, we won't win anything and we won't be close to winning things, but we need to start working today to get something after 2-3 years when we get rid of all the bums that are currently playing.
Allegri would be absolutely the worst choice at that point.
This 100%

Pop Tart

Established Member

Is top four and getting beat in a final a trophy?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
What I’m saying is that whoever invested that much money on a single player should’ve made sure to not appoint such a stylistically negative manager who would become incompatible with the highest earner. They could’ve sold him in Jan and went all in on the Emery vision in the summer. But that would require planning 4 months ahead of time which is of course impossible.
Are we really still trying to kid ourselves into believing it was Emery who wrecked Özil? Jesus Christ how many managers did he have to underperform for before and after Emery for this to be recognised as pure adulterated horse ****?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal are the most beautiful club in England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

Marco van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom