• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

nah that was racist dogwhistling...and something was seriously wrong with German FA ... they left out Sane ffs.

And you calling me a fan boy is the same lowgrade gutter filth trash talk fueled by hate, that the german media did on a larger scale. so shove it.
You are just totally deluded! But if living in that lalaland works for you be my guest!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
post covid..suddenly he gets dropped..and people pretend its for footballing reasons...and then want him to fight for his place and the love of football.

The german team and media hounded him, but he didnt break....so im sure some weirdos on an internet forum with an agenda are going to do much. Buy out his contract , play him or shut up.

They went after Xhaka and Mustafi also ...and look today both players are the spine of the team..Arteta is building from the back and making us solid...even Pepe gets left out because of that and Auba has to play on the wing.
God help you and your attempts at posting about football :rofl: In to row Z you go, son.

Last edited:

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
nah that was racist dogwhistling...and something was seriously wrong with German FA ... they left out Sane ffs.

And you calling me a fan boy is the same lowgrade gutter filth trash talk fueled by hate, that the german media did on a larger scale. so shove it.
When you can't come up with an actual argument just go for racism and hatred, that always gets the crowd going:lol:

Manberg

Predator
I think he has to stay out his contract for financial incentives. Club is still losing a lot of money but getting some of it back through sponsors and merch with him at the club. Buying out his contract would cost the club more financially.

He knows this. He’s just enjoying his life, doing nothing productive but collecting that £350k p/w.
What a dreadful decision that contract has become. Literally holding the club back.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
I think he has to stay out his contract for financial incentives. Club is still losing a lot of money but getting some of it back through sponsors and merch with him at the club. Buying out his contract would cost the club more financially.

He knows this. He’s just enjoying his life, doing nothing productive but collecting that £350k p/w.
What a dreadful decision that contract has become. Literally holding the club back.

Özil is not a marketable footballer...thats why Adidas did not renew.

The club is getting **** back...he is no David Beckham.

As far as twitter followers...lol if anyone uses that as a way Arsenal make money lol.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
post covid..suddenly he gets dropped..and people pretend its for footballing reasons...and then want him to fight for his place and the love of football.

The german team and media hounded him, but he didnt break....so im sure some weirdos on an internet forum with an agenda are going to do much. Buy out his contract , play him or shut up.

They went after Xhaka and Mustafi also ...and look today both players are the spine of the team..Arteta is building from the back and making us solid...even Pepe gets left out because of that and Auba has to play on the wing.
Going by you and your master @GDeep™ 's post, it seems Özil's social media propaganda is working :lol:

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

they left out Sane ffs.
Sounds like a load of BS an Özil acolyte would come up with. Why was Rudiger and Boateng not dropped from the squad, eh?

Özil was the one that played the racism card. Players like Gundogan amd Mustafi have all started for Germany without any problem. And when these players had bad performances, it was criticized, but for some reason Özil plays bad but people are not allowed to criticize him.

Some of his acolytes like you have gone round saying the fall out of that 2018 world cup affected Özil's performance when we both know that's not true.

Some were even saying that the mugging affected him. Meanwhile, nobody mentions Kolasinac who was facing the real threat.

Face it, your master is a princess. The sooner he leaves, the better for the club.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

People in Germany have called Özil an "ID Card German", "Turkish pig" and told him to "piss off to Anatolia" but according to A-M that's not racist.
TBF, this is xenophobia. But still just as bad.

My question is was Özil the Only none-native German in that team?

There were quite a few of them and they were criticized for their performance. Gundogan came back from the world cup and was killing it for city. Meanwhile Özil came back and that same post-world cup criticism was used as an excuse for Özil not performing.

Last edited:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Özil's a hard player to make judgements about because his ability to impact a game is so dependent on the quality of players he plays with, and whether they can get on the same wavelength. Since his back injury and the team quality dropping off, its been a combination of diminishing athletic capacity, diminishing motivation and seemingly being on a different wavelength to most of his teammates.

It doesn't help that the last two summers he was basically the scapegoat for the German WC disaster where he was getting racially abused by his own fans and politicians alike, and last year had the attempted robbery which totally ruined his new happy married life in London for a while. It also doesn't help that he and Emery are sort of the antithesis of each other.

My guess he still loves playing , and loves london, and deffo loves his paycheck, but that level of motivation to be consistently at the top level has just gone. We saw it with Arshavin when Russia didn't qualify for a major tournament (was it the world cup or euros?) and it affected him badly.
I don’t think his attitude or anything he has said would affect my fair judgement of him as a player. People should always make unbias valuation of a player’s ability. His fanboys are scared to compare the video. Of course, his passing is obviously not as good as KDB or iniesta.

Stop your bias for a second
Make a fair judgement and compare:

These passes are just mind blowing.

vs

Let’s be honest. Özil is not even close

KDB, iniesta passes are mostly aimed at dangerous central area, pass through crowed defence, and no space were seen, even with a bird eye view before the pass was executed.

It’s just mind blowing how they can even think of the passing route, magically think of a space out of nowhere, and execute with such perfection.

A lot of Özil passes were to feet pass and you can spot the space before he execute it, although I have to say the weight of the pass is usually good.

And here, I’m just comparing his strongest ability. He has no other important attributes that an attacking midfielder should have.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Hilarious that people come after 6 years when he‘s 31 with your „I told you so“ as if declining due to age and mileage is only a thing with other players :lol:

People have wanted Wenger out since 2009, they weren‘t right either when it finally happened years later, as the Emery era proved.

Özil was a great player for Arsenal, won us 3 FA Cups, helped us reach an EL final, played some excellent football until Emery arrived, almost broke the Premier League assist record while having Giroud and Sanogo in front of him.

As a club we didn‘t make the most of him, we needed a great striker for years but we insisted with Giroud, who was slow and tall, the opposite type of striker he had in Madrid and Germany. It only happened years later when his decline started.

But still, I‘ll always be grateful for a player who helped us win a trophy on his first year after 8 years or how much was it.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Hilarious that people come after 6 years when he‘s 31 with your „I told you so“ as if declining due to age and mileage is only a thing with other players :lol:

People have wanted Wenger out since 2009, they weren‘t right either when it finally happened years later, as the Emery era proved.

Özil was a great player for Arsenal, won us 3 FA Cups, helped us reach an EL final, played some excellent football until Emery arrived, almost broke the Premier League assist record while having Giroud and Sanogo in front of him.

As a club we didn‘t make the most of him, we needed a great striker for years but we insisted with Giroud, who was slow and tall, the opposite type of striker he had in Madrid and Germany. It only happened years later when his decline started.

But still, I‘ll always be grateful for a player who helped us win a trophy on his first year after 8 years or how much was it.
What are you talking about?

Even during his best years for us (2013-2016), he was massively inconsistent. People like @Jury having saying it for years that Özil is overrated. He was not integral to our FA cup win. Stop trying to be revisionist.

Özil has always been a been a player that disappeared when we needed him the most.

In, 2015-16, he had 17 assist in the first half of the season and disappeared in the second half of the season.

Özil didn't do **** in our 18-19 Europa league run.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

Don’t talk like as if Özil has won us the title by himself. Our team did, not Özil. We had great players like sanchez and cazorla. Özil was just a player benefited from their play. Not to mentioned that we were a bit lucky that our opponents in the tournaments are relatively easy to beat.

Individual attributes can’t be evaluated by team success, or else mustafi will become our best ever defender because he has won a World Cup. Messi never wins a World Cup. Mustafi must be better player?

The only unbias way to compare them is to compare passes with passes, compare finishing with finishing, compare dribbling with dribbling......and regardless of what he has said on politics, regardless of what he has done to fans, regardless of his playing attitudes, regardless of what he has won....because a pass that has already made by him would not suddenly become more/less accurate if he has done the above.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm prepared to be committed to the club at least until we go into the new stadium. For me, it’s important that the club goes in there and that I make sure the team are at a very good level. After that, whether it’s me or someone else, the club will be able to compete at the highest level. But for me to run away now would not be fair.

Arsène Wenger after extending his contract on 2004

Latest posts

Top Bottom