• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I respect your delusion

You think Fabregas was bigger than club... who the fk do you follow?

He was a talented teenager when we brought him in, Wenger sacrificed match after match to give him experience and get him playing to his absolute potential. After years of Wenger's confidence and building him in to a world class player he then faked injury, got his move to Barcelona (also refused to hand in a transfer request so he could pretend that by not taking the loyalty payment he was amazing). He then got his move to Barcelona and without Wenger building the team around him to suit every little one of his needs he failed miserably.

Fabreags after being rubbish at Barca, got his move to Chelsea, with a big chip on his shoulder, and never really played anywhere near the level he did at Arsenal. In his absence we had players who were as good if not better while at the club but sure tell me how Fabregas was bigger than the club...

Whats funny is I actually like Fabregas and think he is a genuine fan of the club but to say one player is bigger than the club and to pick Fabregas... dont make me laugh.

Burt Gold

I appreciate your energy and hopefully I can get my point across.

Fabregas at the time of his transfer was the captain and best player at the club. Arsenal had shown they were not going to be competing for league or CL titles. The excuse at the time was that we were paying for the new stadium and the fans frustratingly watched as Arsène (or the board) refused to strengthen. We were a perennial 4th place finisher. Fabregas on the other hand was 24 fresh off a WC and wanting to take the next step in his career, possible a starting role at Euro 12'. Barca was his hometown team and a logical next step as he wanted to establish himself as a starter with the national team. So being his ambition was much higher than the club's at the time, as were his talents, he moved on. And I think he had the right to.

He was not rubbish at Barcelona, he just happened to be behind two of the best midfielders who ever played in Xavi and Iniesta. Despite this he still produced many goals and assists. And then at Chelsea he was excellent again 18 assists in his first season and a Premier league winner twice.

He won 10 club level trophies in the time since he left the club. Arsenal have won 3 FA cups and averaged around 4th place league finish never threatening to win anything but a domestic cup. So ya Fabregas had bigger ambition than the club, and he was better than the teammates we surrounded him with. RVP said as much too. It was he and Fab and the rest were not near their level.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You can't compare this to bogarde.

Bograde was playing for a team for a team with bottomless fund. He barely made a dent in their finance

You’re wrong, and couldn’t be any more wrong if you tried, Bogarde was before Roman, he was actually playing for a club struggling very badly with money and in years later nearly went out of business.

Özil is the one playing for a billionaire with a bottomless fund.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I appreciate your energy and hopefully I can get my point across.

Fabregas at the time of his transfer was the captain and best player at the club. Arsenal had shown they were not going to be competing for league or CL titles. The excuse at the time was that we were paying for the new stadium and the fans frustratingly watched as Arsène (or the board) refused to strengthen. We were a perennial 4th place finisher. Fabregas on the other hand was 24 fresh off a WC and wanting to take the next step in his career, possible a starting role at Euro 12'. Barca was his hometown team and a logical next step as he wanted to establish himself as a starter with the national team. So being his ambition was much higher than the club's at the time, as were his talents, he moved on. And I think he had the right to.

He was not rubbish at Barcelona, he just happened to be behind two of the best midfielders who ever played in Xavi and Iniesta. Despite this he still produced many goals and assists. And then at Chelsea he was excellent again 18 assists in his first season and a Premier league winner twice.

He won 10 club level trophies in the time since he left the club. Arsenal have won 3 FA cups and averaged around 4th place league finish never threatening to win anything but a domestic cup. So ya Fabregas had bigger ambition than the club, and he was better than the teammates we surrounded him with. RVP said as much too. It was he and Fab and the rest were not near their level.

So yeah, I think you support the wrong club if you're supporting Arsenal. You'll realise it sooner or later.

Edit: Chelsea might be more to your liking

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Mesut need to help us out here if he feel not wanted here then he'll need do the right thing and move on he'll just keep Arsenal fans hate him if he stay next season specially when manager not fancy him

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Mesut need to help us out here if he feel not wanted here then he'll need do the right thing and move on he'll just keep Arsenal fans hate him if he stay next season specially when manager not fancy him
He doesn't care and I wouldn't either. He's finished at the top level, so why not collect 350k per week and then make the move in 2021? He's headed to the same level club whether he departs at 31 this summer or 32 next.

Last edited:

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

He doesn't' care and I wouldn't either. He's finished at the top level, so why not collect 350k per week and then make the move in 2021? He's headed to the same level club whether he departs at 31 this summer or 32 next.
Precisely. The only downside though is the benching surely cannot help his brand and reputation and can potentially harm his status, wage and marketability when he looks to move to one of those clubs.

Burt Gold

So yeah, I think you support the wrong club if you're supporting Arsenal. You'll realise it sooner or later.

Edit: Chelsea might be more to your liking
Don't be daft. Was anything I said not true?

Like I said before though, I respect your delusion. Was def there myself in my first few yrs as a fan.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Don't be daft. Was anything I said not true?

Like I said before though, I respect your delusion. Was def there myself in my first few yrs as a fan.

One single player is not bigger than the club. You're saying that a club worth well over a billion with millions of fan worldwide, developing thousands of players and lighting up living rooms and football pitches for well over a hundred years, showcasing some of the greatest talents of football over the years is smaller than Fabregas. You'd have to be either an idiot, on the windup or not an Arsenal fan, possibly all three.

But yeah, I''m the delusional one...

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
In regards Özil he might work in the team again IF and its a big IF we get players who can control the game from the centre of the pitch. Get two midfielders who are dynamic on the ball, one very good in transition and one very good at holding the play... this would create a lot of space for him where right now there is none. He gets the space he needs with the likes of Aubemeyang and other options ahead of him and he can cause damage. You;d need like Partey and someone else to make it happen though.

Why

Always Me ?
Do people on here think Özil wants to play football anymore?

I get the distinct impression from his attitude, and quitting the national team that he just doesn't want to play anymore. He wants the money but I dont think he can be bothered to train and play. He would rather be selling trainers or playing X-Box.

He will run down his contract, siting backpain (What he seemed to suffer from whenever there was an away game last season.) Then he will either retire completely like Schurrle or agree a deal with a club in China or the US to play 1 game a month for crazy money just to bring in the fans. As he will be a free agent he can negotiate a decent salary to do nothing.

Özil was a fantastic player, but I just think he fell out of love for the game. I imagine a lot of stories will come out about him when he is gone, but at the moment the club probably don't want to risk publicly calling him lazy and shot in the hope they can actually sell him.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Do people on here think Özil wants to play football anymore?

I get the distinct impression from his attitude, and quitting the national team that he just doesn't want to play anymore. He wants the money but I dont think he can be bothered to train and play. He would rather be selling trainers or playing X-Box.

He will run down his contract, siting backpain (What he seemed to suffer from whenever there was an away game last season.) Then he will either retire completely like Schurrle or agree a deal with a club in China or the US to play 1 game a month for crazy money just to bring in the fans. As he will be a free agent he can negotiate a decent salary to do nothing.

Özil was a fantastic player, but I just think he fell out of love for the game. I imagine a lot of stories will come out about him when he is gone, but at the moment the club probably don't want to risk publicly calling him lazy and shot in the hope they can actually sell him.
Özil retired 2 years ago!

Burt Gold

One single player is not bigger than the club. You're saying that a club worth well over a billion with millions of fan worldwide, developing thousands of players and lighting up living rooms and football pitches for well over a hundred years, showcasing some of the greatest talents of football over the years is smaller than Fabregas. You'd have to be either an idiot, on the windup or not an Arsenal fan, possibly all three.

But yeah, I''m the delusional one...
I think you are just getting hung up on "bigger than the club" which I don't believe I said. He was playing at the time at a higher level than the club however. It's not a slight. I love Arsenal but I can also objectively say that Barcelona is a bigger club and I am not surprised nor would I begrudge a player who wanted to test himself at a bigger club if we were (and we were) showing that we didn't really have title or CL ambitions (We were building a stadium)

It's delusional to not realize where Arsenal stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom