• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Över and Öut

Bloodbather

Established Member

Beautiful solo Özil goal in the Istanbul Derby just now.

On 5G/A (or 6, I've lost count) in the league now.
Yet he's dusted. @Jury enjoying samba football from Ødegaard, tears in my eyes :lol:
He's been pretty bad for Fener overall but solid tonight.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Lol how come you've made such a u-turn about this guy? :lol:
When I heard his side of the story in that the Athletic article and stopped paying attention to the propaganda I was forced to adjust my views. I was wrong. His Arsenal career was mixed, but I have always respected him as a human being.

Interestingly enough, nobody cares (and would probably celebrate) but the club pulled Elneny's contract extension after he expressed certain views supporting Palestinian people. Confirmed by his agent.

History repeating itself with a lesser unpopular player this time around.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
When I heard his side of the story in that the Athletic article and stopped paying attention to the propaganda I was forced to adjust my views. I was wrong. His Arsenal career was mixed, but I have always respected him as a human being.

Interestingly enough, nobody cares (and would probably celebrate) but the club pulled Elneny's contract extension after he expressed certain views supporting Palestinian people. Confirmed by his agent.

History repeating itself with a lesser unpopular player this time around.

Wow, thanks for pointing this out. I can see a few references on the internet some have taken notice, if this has any legs it will blow up - an absolutely staggering allegation for his agent to make if verified. The story uses a generic term “global issue” maybe that’s his get out clause?

As for Özil, well nobody with business interests anywhere supported his post - if that statement is incorrect in any way then please let me know.

In terms of organisations expressing public support, Palestine is a different story. At the current time I would say this recent Elneny story is completely unverified, but that may change.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Wow, thanks for pointing this out. I can see a few references on the internet some have taken notice, if this has any legs it will blow up - an absolutely staggering allegation for his agent to make if verified. The story uses a generic term “global issue” maybe that’s his get out clause?
I agree, I think it's a big accusation and the only reason I haven't outright rubbished it is because of Özil.

I suspect Elneny is a footballing decision and it is unlike him for him or his team to badmouth Arsenal, but you never know. We will get our answer soon enough I suppose.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

What’s the difference between a finished deadbeat Özil and current Ødegaard?

At this stage I’d argue political views cause on the pitch there’s not much difference.

Atleast Özil came close to beating Henry’s assist record before we had to count his kilometres to make ourselves feel better like we currently have to do with Ødegaard.

But TTP boys keep laughing, it’s good.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
That's such a dumb tweet by Wheatley.
He gave it back, that's all. Tit for tat, nothing deep. Usual suspects on here were practically noshing Özil off after he tweeted the same after we'd just played City with ten men for an hour due to silly bollocks getting sent, and losing 5-0. You can hate a manager all you like, but when you take glee in seeing outsiders mock the club for everyone to laugh at (as long as it's not AFTV making us laughing stocks, it's cool apparently...) that's when you enter sh!thouse traitor territory. Wouldn't see that reaction from 'fans' of any other club. So I suppose certain gimps are right to an extent, when they cry about our fans bEiNg tHe wOrSt iN tHe lEagUe... A certain bunch most definitely are.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Pure talent wise Özil would be good enough to get into most sides, if he was mentally into it.

That's not the point though. There's no room for luxury players like him at the top level of the game anymore. You've got to put a shift in, got to track back, not be scared to put your foot in , be able to press etc.

The games just passed players like Özil by.

Arsenal Quotes

At some clubs success is accidental. At Arsenal it is compulsory.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom