• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
I am not a Stan fan nor an Özil fan, i am however an Arsenal fan which is bigger than the two muppets mentioned!!
again an inane and meaningless redundant cliche. all you are doing is for the glory and benefit of the Stan. wake up.:red:

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

What's struck me as odd in this is that the same pundits who have called Özil lazy, soft and overpaid for 4 years now are lamenting his absence and acting like the club jettisoned prime Zidane for no reason. It's really very strange. How can you be in the media saying that there's no place for him and then when Arteta comes to that conclusion, respond like he's shot Lassie?
It’s amazing isn’t it.

I specifically remember Merson taking a dump all over Özil now he’s acting like it’s a crying shame. Same with all the other pundits - people just like to mock it.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Whatever happened, we have to give it to his PR team for all the tweets during the match. They very well know that if they leave it as such, he will be forgotten. No one would remember him after a couple of weeks if he is silent. I expect them to keep pulling off these stunts during every match Arsenal plays just so that he is not forgotten and the moment we lose, they can mobilise a group of fans in support of him.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
What's struck me as odd in this is that the same pundits who have called Özil lazy, soft and overpaid for 4 years now are lamenting his absence and acting like the club jettisoned prime Zidane for no reason. It's really very strange. How can you be in the media saying that there's no place for him and then when Arteta comes to that conclusion, respond like he's shot Lassie?

The media just need to have a go at Arsenal in some way, it doesn't matter to them if it contradicts previous ways they have had a go at Arsenal in the past...

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Whatever happened, we have to give it to his PR team for all the tweets during the match. They very well know that if they leave it as such, he will be forgotten. No one would remember him after a couple of weeks if he is silent. I expect them to keep pulling off these stunts during every match Arsenal plays just so that he is not forgotten and the moment we lose, they can mobilise a group of fans in support of him.
I read he earned 50k from that poll he did during the match :lol: I think we'll see quite a few more if true!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The media just need to have a go at Arsenal in some way, it doesn't matter to them if it contradicts previous ways they have had a go at Arsenal in the past...
It's Merse at the end of the day... I'm not sure if he (or some others) was aware how likely it was that Özil wasn't going to make the PL squad and he may have been genuinely shocked. But you're also right when you say the press wouldnt give a toss about appearing contradictory.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I’d argue he’s slightly bigger than the club.

Nah...we have had peak Thierry Henry, Özil can't be bigger than a club that had The King playing for them for as long we we did.

We have had other legends bigger than Özil obviously, but Henry was ridiculously famous in his pomp.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Nah...we have had peak Thierry Henry, Özil can't be bigger than a club that had The King playing for them for as long we we did.

We have had other legends bigger than Özil obviously, but Henry was ridiculously famous in his pomp.
I know twitter and insta isn’t everything, but look at his followers compared to Arsenal’s account lol.

I personally think he’s bigger than the club just about. He’s been bad on the pitch and disruptive for years and it’s as if it doesn’t matter.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Özil is nowhere near as famous / big a brand as Arsenal, at least in the West.

If you judge it on social media, maybe. Fortunately most people don't live on Twitter, contrary to appearances.

Ask a non footballing fan who Mesut Özil is and they wouldn't have a clue. 9/10 would know what Arsenal is.

To be a legitimate mainstream star outside of football you need either the insane abilities of a Messi / Ronaldo or the looks of a Beckham that will turn you into a pin up star to women / girls.

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak
I know twitter and insta isn’t everything, but look at his followers compared to Arsenal’s account lol.

I personally think he’s bigger than the club just about. He’s been bad on the pitch and disruptive for years and it’s as if it doesn’t matter.
Bad and disruptive? Just stop Macho Man ffs.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Bad and disruptive? Just stop Macho Man ffs.
We have a 200 page thread on him and he’s yet to play a minute yet there’s been a lot to talk about. He is the only reason Arsenal is ever talked about in the news.

Every presser we have is dominated by Özil questions, even AMN was peppered by them before the Vienna match.

Course he’s disruptive. We have Arsenal players past and present openly commenting on the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom