• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Rumours that Özil was sent home by Dr's at training due to illness. How would we cope with him out against Liverpool :eek:

Actually I'd play Xhaka with AMN and put Ox in Özil's position :)

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
The effects of genuine flu can hang around for some while, so just possibly there could be a medical cause behind his loss of form

Emphasis on the just possibly though

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Keep saying it, he's a luxury player. Which is amazing to have, the kind of player you get once you have built a quality team. But we're always a few key players and some mental stability short, with Wenger, from having the kind of team that benefits from an Özil all season.
Yeah Özil is the final piece not the first piece. Unfortunately Wenger found the deal too good to turn down and we've been building in reverse to put some sort of positive slant on it. That or throwing darts at a dart board to see who we end up with.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Yeah Özil is the final piece not the first piece. Unfortunately Wenger found the deal too good to turn down and we've been building in reverse to put some sort of positive slant on it. That or throwing darts at a dart board to see who we end up with.
Senseless opportunistic hoarding.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mesut-Özil-tells-story-dressing-9947628

Very interesting. Mourinho went mad at him, called him a coward, said he's not a fighter and doesn't give his all for the team. Similar to the recent criticism here.

Interestingly, Özil took this all on board and said it made him a better player.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I bet Mourinho has lost his head with several players. Probably said the same or something similar to Mata.

Mourinho loves Özil though, wouldn't hesitate to bring him to Old Trafford IMO.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

"'You think two beautiful passes are enough,' cries Mourinho. 'You're too fine for going into fights. You think you're so good that fifty percent is enough.'

That sounds oddly like my perception of Özil.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

"'You think two beautiful passes are enough,' cries Mourinho. 'You're too fine for going into fights. You think you're so good that fifty percent is enough.'

That sounds oddly like my perception of Özil.
"What do you want? To creep under the beautiful warm shower. Shampoo your hair? To be alone?"

I had to laugh when I read that. Have to hand it to Mourinho, he knows how to insult. Plus, unfortunately, he is spot on. Really don't think Özil has the stomach for a fight. It either comes easy or not at all.

For me the WC final 2014 was a perfect example. Özil gave a bit of an effort but it was Schweinsteiger who bled and fought to grab that trophy at any cost.

We can keep Özil but he is and remains a luxury and nothing you can build a championship team around.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Mourinho said:

Mourinho said:
“'Oh, are you giving up now? You’re such a coward. "What do you want? To creep under the beautiful, warm shower? Shampoo your hair? To be alone? Or do you want to prove to your fellow players, the fans out there, and me, what you can do.'”

alonzo-mourning-heat-upset-then-realization.gif

Its coming from the special ****'s mouth but he's completely spot on about describing Özil.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Özil should've kept those Mourinho comments to himself. Its the equivalent of telling the world about the time your ex girlfriend called you out for busting after 30 seconds and having a **** a maggot would be ashamed of.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Something a bit weird about the way it's written.

Nonetheless, fair play to Mesut. Not many players are this open about the criticism they've received.

Especially considering many feel he still has the same issues. Its not like what was said by Mourinho is a thing of the past and he's some different player. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom