• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

We managed just fine away to the champions without both Alexis and Özil starting the game. We'll definitely need to replace them but I feel both of them have been put on this ridiculous pedestal because of their price and where they came from. I think losing Monreal, Koscielny or Ramsey and not properly replacing them would be a bigger issue for us.

Özil is probably easier to replace than Alexis because goalscorers aren't cheap, Iwobi COULD replace Özil if he got more consistent and Wilshere is more than capable if he stays fit.

skip spence

Hope Jose helps Mesut to restart his career, he deserves that! I can't wait to see him at a top club again!
Uhm... what? Are you an Arsenal fan? Sure doesn't sound like it.

Really hoping this is some clever sarcasm I'm missing...

And Man U haven't finished the PL in the top four or above Arsenal since 2012/13 unless I'm mistaken. People creaming themselves over them for a few early wins against bottom half teams is... well, premature ejaculation, they still have it all to prove.

Anyway, Özil is free to sign a contract with whomever he chooses come January. If he wants to join them, well, **** off then! Should've been sold early this summer if he wouldn't re-sign.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I don't get why he wasn't sold, or even it would seem offered for sale - at least abroad anyway

I don't think the fans would have kicked up a massive stink if he fetched a reasonable amount

Aevi

Hale End FC
But he only makes good teams look better... He's not the type to drag an average team up a notch... Right?

Too much bullsh!t surrounding the player imo. It's like people want to make him out to be something other than a footballer sometimes. These rules that seemingly only apply to him and the fallacies... It's a joke.
If you were taken out of the equation, there would be far less "bullsh*t" surrounding him tbf. You probably account for at least 90% of the anti-Özil arguments on here :lol:

{reed}

Poundland GDeep
Wenger is beeing limited by the board to invest everybody could see that. It's our own fault we are in this state or situation. The money is there but the ambition isn't. Hard but true. Still support this great club and will always do just time for a change at the top and it should be a big one.

Özil and Sanchez are right for searching for another challenge which could lead them to titles.
You don't let two 60m players go for free when you are being limited financially

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
If you were taken out of the equation, there would be far less "bullsh*t" surrounding him tbf. You probably account for at least 90% of the anti-Özil arguments on here :lol:
I'm proud of my body of work in this thread to be honest. I think I've opened the eyes of some of you to some things you just did not want to believe. And when it ends, bullshit and all, the ending will be beautifully poetic. Seriously could not have dreamt it up myself :lol:

silent_shadow

Established Member
Don't know about that. United fans usually appreciate quality, it'll be amazing how quickly they go from not rating him to thinking they've got the signing of the century should it happen.
He'd have to consistently perform for them to think that. There won't be the initial bias we had thinking we'd pulled off one of the club's greatest signings. And when he goes missing they won't put all the blame on Matic, Lukaku, Rashford, etc.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
There won't be the initial bias we had thinking we'd pulled off one of the club's greatest signings. And when he goes missing they won't put all the blame on Matic, Lukaku, Rashford, etc.
Good point. There will be no fanfare. Even on a free, id guess their fanbase will be split on the signing. A few meh games and the knives would be out in a flash.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Why does Alexis matter in here?
K6WLCrt.jpg

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
You don't let two 60m players go for free when you are being limited financially

True but it's the board fault to not invest in the weakness positions we still have in the squad if we would compete in the league and champions league Özil and Sanchez would have signed on a long time ago. While united do not have a Better team then us they still have owners who splash the cash if needed. While we have 1 in the board who would rather make more money for himself then invest in the team.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Why does Alexis matter in here? He'll do what he ends up doing. He's already a snake and he hasn't even left yet! Nobody ever made him out to be jesus... Özil, though? What will become of his disciples? :lol: This thread is going to be ****ing hilarious
You need him to stay more than most in this thread.

Malky

Established Member
Would be sickening seeing Özil and Sanchez join the Manc clubs next summer on record transfers, never mind going there for nothing.
Even worse is we'll be lucky if we'll even have a £80M transfer budget to replace them.
Next summer is shaping up to be a bigger train wreck than the one we just witnessed.

{reed}

Poundland GDeep
True but it's the board fault to not invest in the weakness positions we still have in the squad if we would compete in the league and champions league Özil and Sanchez would have signed on a long time ago. While united do not have a Better team then us they still have owners who splash the cash if needed. While we have 1 in the board who would rather make more money for himself then invest in the team.
Give me some decent links proving that investing in the weak positions is prohibited by the board please.

Jojoba

Seriously I don't get this over reaction about Sanchez and Özil leaving.. Sanchez I could understand,but these two have not moved us forward a bit.. They have dropped us out of the Top 4 for the first time in like 17 years.. I just don't get the doom and gloom predictions when we are already in our worst position in nearly 2 decades with these so called amazing world class players at Arsenal..
o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom