• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I love the guy, he is one of 100 peoples I think of while having sex.

But honestly I can't really remember when it was last time he showed some magic...

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I love the guy, he is one of 100 peoples I think of while having sex.

But honestly I can't really remember when it was last time he showed some magic...
It's just flashes, but lots of players with a fraction of his talent are showing the same flashes, only more often. Very frustrating player. Glad we're now in a time when people are not blaming other players for his quiet games, though. That's progress. :drool:

At the end of the day, if people want to put him on a pedestal and claim he's this and that, it has to be backed up regularly by performances. There is NO POINT in resting players like Özil. He doesn't respond to it. Keown is right, he's had how many ****ing holidays? For what? It's a joke.

LG10

Giving this guy 350,000 pw is an absolute ****ing joke. That kind of money should guarantee you a player that wins you games (de Bruyne, Salah, Hazard, Kane, etc.). As soon as the contract was signed his level dropped after a great December-January. The guy's 30 in October, we've seen the best of him. The new manager might be able to get something out of him by converting him to a cm but I don't think it'll work.

Not to mention our wage structure is ****ed now. If we are ever in negotiations with a top player they will demand similar wages which I doubt we'd afford/give. The boards approach is so scatterbrained and amateurish.

There's no doubt that the guy's a football genius, probably my favourite player of the last ten years and I'm very grateful that I've gotten to see him play for us but his motivation is completely gone. The fact that he stayed here when he could've won trophies elsewhere next season says it all. I've got to admit that the yer da's were right all along, he doesn't show up for us enough and is a passenger too often.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
He’s also ****ed us finically in terms of future contract negotiations. Ramsey will no doubt bring up Özil’s £300k a week and point to the fact he’s actually been more beneficial to the team than Özil. Any top draw player we try (if we do try at all) and approach in the summer will do the same.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
I'm not a fan of Özil at all, I think he is a luxury that we can't afford. It's like renting a house but driving around in a Ferrari every day, it makes no sense.

If you put Özil in the City team of this season, he probably wins their player of the year award and finishes the season with 20+ assists. The problem is though that we aren't City, nor are we going to be for some time and we can't afford a player that really only shines in a side that can dominate the game.

The wages we paid him are just absurd and was done out of pure desperation by the club to avoid a mass exodus. It is what it is now, we own him and we have to make him work but don't expect him to change his work rate or anything like that. He's a great player in his own right, but he's never going to be the type of player that stands up and takes control of a game when things aren't going well.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He’s also ****ed us finically in terms of future contract negotiations. Ramsey will no doubt bring up Özil’s £300k a week and point to the fact he’s actually been more beneficial to the team than Özil. Any top draw player we try (if we do try at all) and approach in the summer will do the same.
That will happen anyway because other clubs are offering more wages than us.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
What a spastic comment by Jenas. Arsenal fans don’t have an issue with Özil because he doesn’t track back, not that we care but he actually has some of the highest running stats of any PL player at times, we have an issue with him because creatively he’s not dictating the play for us, his not making things happen. So if we look at Jenas’s argument we have a player that doesn’t tackle, that doesn’t track back, that doesn’t defend AND also one that offers very little to nothing creatively as a regular occurrence. We have a £300k a week dead weight at times is what he’s saying.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Interesting that both sides make fair points there. Jenas has done the rare thing of acknowledging that Özil can't be everything people expect him to be and that we don't have the foundations for him. But Keown isn't wrong either. Let's be real, he's been ill, what, about 5 times or more this season? He just doesn't play away games and he's not been the game-changer when we really needed him. It is a piss take tbf. I'm a big Özil fan obviously, but hopefully the new coach can get more out of him.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
That will happen anyway because other clubs are offering more wages than us.
Pretty sure no player at City is on £300k a week. We’ve ****ed ourselves by setting that standard on a player that doesn’t really deserve it.

Ask yourself why Özil agreed the deal in the 1st place? If other clubs would have offered him even close to that then why not wait till he’s a free agent in the summer and then pit clubs against each other? He’s literally in a no lose situation. But the truth is Özil knows no one but us was going to have him on anything close to £300k so he accepted.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Not sure you can just blame Mesut for his fake illnesses. Wenger clearly lets him take the piss out of him, it looks even worse on him to be honest.
It's both for me; for it to have escalated to this says something about Özil's character, and it isn't positive. It's unacceptable for me that a player paid so much so obviously doesn't commit everything to this club. The trips away and frequent invisible performances aren't what you look for in a star player.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
I'm not a fan of Özil at all, I think he is a luxury that we can't afford. It's like renting a house but driving around in a Ferrari every day, it makes no sense.

If you put Özil in the City team of this season, he probably wins their player of the year award and finishes the season with 20+ assists. The problem is though that we aren't City, nor are we going to be for some time and we can't afford a player that really only shines in a side that can dominate the game.

The wages we paid him are just absurd and was done out of pure desperation by the club to avoid a mass exodus. It is what it is now, we own him and we have to make him work but don't expect him to change his work rate or anything like that. He's a great player in his own right, but he's never going to be the type of player that stands up and takes control of a game when things aren't going well.

Do you think anyone would take him on a free transfer?
No way we'd get any money back.

We need to start fresh.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I just don’t think it’s worth getting worked up a out any individual player while our system is so dysfunctional

Except the two CB they clearly need to go

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I just don’t think it’s worth getting worked up a out any individual player while our system is so dysfunctional

Except the two CB they clearly need to go
But the system is the same system that was just as dysfunctional when he was having much more of an influence on games. Sounds odd to say, and almost makes no sense, but it really does appear to be as if he choose's his moments to impose himself, and if he's not getting quite the right vibe or something, he lets it pass him by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom