• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vijay

Hates Guendouzi for no reason
yeah....Özil imagined racism....and wanted to use it to drum up publicity for himself, and give himself an excuse to leave the national team, which he never liked. He also dislikes playing for Arsenal, and so takes a sick leave whenever he can. When he plays, he is unable to run fast or put in effort, make useful contributions and ends up being a passenger ...but he doesnt resign from Arsenal because he tricked them into giving him 350k pw.

most fans would prefer to watch Arsenal without Özil playing.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Put Özil in the City team and see how he performs instead of judging him based on his time at Arsenal with players who are all few levels below those at City.

He's better than both but yeah let's keep shifting the goalposts in order to bash him as it's the easy thing to do.
:lol::lol::lol:
You do realise you've just shifted the goal posts yourself by saying let's put Özil in the City team.

How about we stick to facts. Last season two star players for us were available to any team in the planet. Both were running their contracts down. One player eventually had a bid accepted only for us to fail to recruit a replacement so the player stayed. Fast forward to January talks take place but the player opts for another club we score our replacement. The player is Alexis. All of this was done publicly. City wanted him. Özil on the other hand had zero interest from City even though he could have been available on a free. When will people accept you just can't say put Özil in City? They didn't want him because like Joe Hart he doesn't fit in with the way Pep wants to play.

And let's not start this mythical b/s that the players he played with are not good enough. Alexis was able to manufacture a move playing with the same players to City only for us to balls it up by accepting to late and not being able to get Lemar over the line.

JimmyTheMac

Not sure how this is relevant to my post?
Are you saying that KDB and Silva regularly perform for their national teams?

I just said that in order for us to keep/have players like him then we need to overpay them since were not a top European club anymore. That’s why he’s getting paid more than KDB/Silva
Yeah sorry I kind of misread the argument. My post was more aimed at the idea that mesut doesn't perform cause he doesn't have top players around him and playing in a good side.

JimmyTheMac

Wrong.

One of the three best players at the WC for Germany. The bashing of him here in Germany has nothing to do with his football, but just him being the perfect scapegoat.

The story about him being bad for Germany is just fake news to fit the purpose.
I'm a German fan and I thought he was terrible. He certainly wasn't close to the top 3 best performers, he was down with Müller and Khedira as the worst 3 imo. It's amazing that he's a lightning rod for criticism in Germany, you say racism, yet he's also a lightning rod for criticism in England too, and by the fans of his club too. Didn't realise the English media and English football fans are racist against Turkish immigrants to Germany who live in the U.K.....

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
No, he's saying that VAR is so easy to implement that even Peruvians, Jamaicans and Thai people use it efficiently so why can't the Germans who are above them.
Right. That’s what it sounds more like when you consider who these comments are coming from. His theory could very well be true in an isolated incident but when it comes from the mouth of that old criminal after his comments on Özil this whole summer then this seems more plausible imo.
If he meant something else then he could’ve easily phrased it differently and actually say those things thrama thinks he’s saying.

Reactions: A_G

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
I rate both Silva and KDB over Özil. You can compare David Silva to Mesut but KDB is on a completely different level to him and does things Özil can't.

Özil is a better creator than Silva but Silva is more dynamic.

Like I said put Özil on City and then compare them but right now it's not fair on Özil to compare to two guys who are surrounded by world class players from top to bottom.

It's only in your head that De Bruyne is better than Özil never mind being on a different level to him.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
People just being disingenuous so they add further evidence for the Özil is a victim of racism angle. The guy is saying these poorer countries can do it with no problem why can't we with much better resources. Can't expect some old guy to be politically correct.

And no I'm not dismissing Özil as a victim of racim, as a black muslim in the UK, I generally believe majority of white people are racist and 100% of the ones in power. Anyone of colour would probably agree with me.

Yes you've dismissed Özil being a victim of racism by accusing everybody of being disingenuous for saying Özil's criticism from the German press especially those associated with the right wing is racist. How come we've never seen a one single article criticising Muller, Hummels, Werner, Neuer and co who were all dog sh!t?

You say you're black and you do not find what they said racist?

The comment from Hoeness (This guy has proven himself to be nothing but a racist scumbag who doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt) and the other guy has got nothing to do with those countries mentioned being poor, and anyone who says otherwise either condones racism or is a racist him/herself.

IslingtonBornandbred

Like I said put Özil on City and then compare them but right now it's not fair on Özil to compare to two guys who are surrounded by world class players from top to bottom.

It's only in your head that De Bruyne is better than Özil never mind being on a different level to him.

I dunno man.

If I was Pep, playing the way he does right now, I'm not swapping Özil in his current state for Sane, Silva, Sterling or KDB.

You saw the way De Bruyne destroyed Chelsea last season? That ball into his feet in a similar position that Özil takes up, a quick 1-2 and then the balls in the back of the net. For me, that's on another level to Özil because he doesn't impact games like that enough.

Last edited:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Yes, mate; but they actually are above them in terms of productive organization in their business environment and in terms of resources (human or other) it makes sense for them to have an advantage when it comes to implementing a technology like VAR. Did he mention inherent properties like genes, or did he criticize their culture? If neither then why was it not a technical approach that has to do with the fact that Germans are a developed nation and nothing more?
He's not talking about the infrastructure of German football though, which is quite obviously top class. Look at the quote:
"Even the FIFA, which often has slow processes, has shown us at the World Cup that you can have good refereeing performances with Peruvians, Jamaicans and Thais. I don't understand why it doesn't work in Germany"

Why mention the nationalities of the VAR officials? It's gratuitous, the WC took place in Russia so any shortcomings in the implementation of VAR would have been on them and not the officials themselves. If he had said "Even the FIFA, which often has slow processes, has shown us at the World Cup that you can have good refereeing performances. I don't understand why it doesn't work in Germany" the sentiment would have been the same.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
:lol::lol::lol:
You do realise you've just shifted the goal posts yourself by saying let's put Özil in the City team.

How about we stick to facts. Last season two star players for us were available to any team in the planet. Both were running their contracts down. One player eventually had a bid accepted only for us to fail to recruit a replacement so the player stayed. Fast forward to January talks take place but the player opts for another club we score our replacement. The player is Alexis. All of this was done publicly. City wanted him. Özil on the other hand had zero interest from City even though he could have been available on a free. When will people accept you just can't say put Özil in City? They didn't want him because like Joe Hart he doesn't fit in with the way Pep wants to play.

And let's not start this mythical b/s that the players he played with are not good enough. Alexis was able to manufacture a move playing with the same players to City only for us to balls it up by accepting to late and not being able to get Lemar over the line.

I did not shift anything, all I said was playing with world class players helps, and there's no mythical about that unless you're saying our players are as good as those at City.

I have no idea what Alexis' story got to do with this but, wasn't it Guardiola himself who benched him at Barca where he was eventually kicked to the curb? What about Ibrahimovich? Does that mean he was rubbish as well just because Guardiola did not want him?

Just because City did not want him doesn't mean anything besides, Özil has played for the greatest club ever and flourished which you and your homies seem to forget and keep judging him based on his performances at Arsenal.

Oh he doesn't perform big matches blah blah, Like any good team would find it hard to nullify the only world class creator the opposition have which is exactly what happens in his case.

Like I said let's keep on thrashing him because it's trendy around the UK.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
He's not talking about the infrastructure of German football though, which is quite obviously top class. Look at the quote:
"Even the FIFA, which often has slow processes, has shown us at the World Cup that you can have good refereeing performances with Peruvians, Jamaicans and Thais. I don't understand why it doesn't work in Germany"

Why mention the nationalities of the VAR officials? It's gratuitous, the WC took place in Russia so any shortcomings in the implementation of VAR would have been on them and not the officials themselves. If he had said "Even the FIFA, which often has slow processes, has shown us at the World Cup that you can have good refereeing performances. I don't understand why it doesn't work in Germany" the sentiment would have been the same.

Bro save your energy...these guys see only what they want to see.

Reactions: A_G

ThlRama

Player:Saka

Because at the same time he is pitying the organizational skills of his compatriots. As I said, it is very common for the peoples of this planet to have stereotypes of themselves, along the lines of "we can't work together, our nation is always divided," or "we can never organize our state properly."

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
I dunno man.

If I was Pep, playing the way he does right now, I'm not swapping Özil in his current state for Sane, Silva, Sterling or KDB.

You saw the way De Bruyne destroyed Chelsea last season? That ball into his feet in a similar position that Özil takes up, a quick 1-2 and then the balls in the back of the net. For me, that's on another level to Özil because he doesn't impact games like that.

Arsenal destroyed Özil and those who knew him and watched him before he joined us would agree.

Özil might not score a 30-35 yard screamer as that's not the type of player he is, but with the right players around him, and in the right system he would prove to be the difference time and again.

Just remember De Bruyne failed at Chelsea (No sugar coating here) while Mesut flourished under the same manager. now the tables are turned and De Bruyne finds himself playing with the right players under the right manager just like Mesut once was at Madrid, and if you do not think that helps then we have different understanding of the game.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?

Can somebody turn of the internet? I've seen enough.
Is it that hard to accept that there are better players than Özil on this planet? I've seen the same crap when Coutinho was destroying PL and yet people would still laugh at the idea that Coutinho could be better. Now it's De Bruyne's turn :)

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
Can somebody turn of the internet? I've seen enough.
Is it that hard to accept that there are better players than Özil on this planet? I've seen the same crap when Coutinho was destroying PL and yet people would still laugh at the idea that Coutinho could be better. Now it's De Bruyne's turn :)

Just switch off yours or better yet throw your laptop/pc out of the window...Simple

Özil is the GOAT

IslingtonBornandbred

Arsenal destroyed Özil and those who knew him and watched him before he joined us would agree.

Özil might not score a 30-35 yard screamer as that's not the type of player he is, but with the right players around him, and in the right system he would prove to be the difference time and again.

Just remember De Bruyne failed at Chelsea (No sugar coating here) while Mesut flourished under the same manager. now the tables are turned and De Bruyne finds himself playing with the right players under the right manager just like Mesut once was at Madrid, and if you do not think that helps then we have different understanding of the game.

I wouldn't say that Arsenal destroyed Özil but I think for definite the way he is viewed around the world now is different to how he was viewed at Madrid in terms of his reputation.

I'm not having that Özil might not score a screamer because "he's not that type of player". Özil has enough in his locker to score that De Bruyne goal, it's a matter of getting it out of him and on a consistent basis. Against Liverpool last year at home, he played a 1-2 drove into the box and got us a goal. It's that drive and willingness to drive forward with the ball and drive into the box which is going to affect how he impacts games....he does and can do it, but there are far too many occasions and spells where he seems happy to play on the periphery of games.

I don't think KDB failed at Chelsea. He started the first couple of Premier League games and then Mourinho pulled him out of the side for an unknown reason and he left for first team football. He didn't fail at Chelsea because he wasn't good enough, despite being MOTM I think in his first Chelsea game of the season, Mourinho dropped him a few games after because he's a lunatic, not because KDB wasn't good enough.

I don't think his impact on the EPL so far has been what I expected when he signed. We always talk about Özil being this "type of player", but I think there's a good reason why so many pundits, fans and potentially other coaches would take other players over him like Silva, KDB, Coutinho, Hazard. I'm not sure Wenger was the right guy for him, and I'm not sure Emery is either, but I'd of liked to see him under Pep, even at Arsenal, Bayern, City or another club. I feel like Pep would have driven him in the right direction in terms of his development, playing style and impact he has on games. It's still early so let's see how he gets on this season, but it hasn't been the best of starts and I can't see him pushing the team to a good position.

Last edited:

TakeChillPill

Established Member
From what I've seen of Özil, the biggest thing that is preventing Özil to put in world class performances is himself.

We've seen him turn it on when in the mood, however on many ocassions when the going get's tough he doesn't show up.

I just remember when he missed the Bayern Penalty....up till that point he was superb in the match, then his head just dropped.

He lacks elite mentality despite his elite talent!...Only he can fix it! should spend a bit of that £350k on a shrink, life coach, hypnotist or something.

JimmyTheMac

De Bruyne was young at Chelsea. He's come into his prime now. Özil has played with world class players in the German NT and he certainly doesn't look anywhere near as good as KDB and tbh at no stage in his German career has he looked that level. The best hes ever looked for them was in 2010.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
De Bruyne was young at Chelsea. He's come into his prime now. Özil has played with world class players in the German NT and he certainly doesn't look anywhere near as good as KDB and tbh at no stage in his German career has he looked that level. The best hes ever looked for them was in 2010.
hard to see it that way.

Mourinho sold KdB, and I can imagine this because KdB is a high-risk player.

KdB worked in Germany and also $ity because they are set up for players like him. Remember how Mkhi was doing in Germany, or how he would fare in $ity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom