• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
I noticed that. Think the 0.4 is half way to the the highest ‘xG buildup’, which is 0.8, Dani Alves. But don’t understand why the x axis is 0.5.

Those thick lines look like a City supporter had arbitrarily drawn them in to put the most City players in the upper right quadrant.:lol:
You are becoming seriously boring.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
It shows how outrageous it is that Özil earns much more than De Bruyne and Silva, despite being inferior to them.

Put Özil in the City team and see how he performs instead of judging him based on his time at Arsenal with players who are all few levels below those at City.

He's better than both but yeah let's keep shifting the goalposts in order to bash him as it's the easy thing to do.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
It shows how outrageous it is that Özil earns much more than De Bruyne and Silva, despite being inferior to them.
De bruyne and Silva play for a top PL club with an A1 manager. Mesut does not and the only way to have players of his caliber in our club atm is to overpay them unfortunately.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

How weird is it that I read lick instead of like?

On another note: has the prince stopped sneezing? Or will we face seven years without fruitful harvest?

May just be the summer has taken a toll on him .

Last edited:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Sorry mate obviously not referring to the newcomers! We haven't seen enough of any of them yet to make a fair judgement. Doozy has been fabulous, and along with Torreira and Sokratis seems to play with a fire in his belly, which I've not seen at the club for a long time (except maybe Alexis).

The only other players I have any affinity for are Lacazette and Aubameyang. All the others I'm kind of indifferent about, just feel like the don't understand what it means to play for us.
Had me worried there

Reactions: Jae

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
He also plays for a top class national team, that's always successful , full of world class players yet has not performed in years.
Not sure how this is relevant to my post?
Are you saying that KDB and Silva regularly perform for their national teams?

I just said that in order for us to keep/have players like him then we need to overpay them since were not a top European club anymore. That’s why he’s getting paid more than KDB/Silva

ThlRama

Player:Saka
These German fellas are not even trying to hide it

Actually, by reading those I get a feeling that they are recycling the stereotype that countless nations have for themselves, according to which "nothing works with our people." Brits have a lot of humour about the bureaucracy, Greeks were notorious for that as well and especially now with the crisis and the international community blaming them for how they handled it, etc.

I'm not saying racism isn't there, the way Özil was scapegoated was disgusting, when in fact he wasn't even among their three worst performers. It is a common reaction to a national failure to blame those "not nationally educated enough, not determined enough in their love for the nation" and things like that. Özil taking a photo with Erdogan worked against him here, other players from immigrant families that may also have played worse than Özil got away with it. But those quotes regarding VAR above, I think there isn't racism in them. They are trying to say that people from different cultures, speaking different languages, having never worked together before managed to do a decent job with VAR and that their own people cannot be organized properly and succeed on the same task. Self-pitying / self-blaming if anything, which yes, is still in a way a stereotype and a form of discrimination, but above all it is a form of "cultural self-critique." Definitely not a form of racism using less developed nations as an example of organization.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
He also plays for a top class national team, that's always successful , full of world class players yet has not performed in years.

Wrong.

One of the three best players at the WC for Germany. The bashing of him here in Germany has nothing to do with his football, but just him being the perfect scapegoat.

The story about him being bad for Germany is just fake news to fit the purpose.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
But those quotes regarding VAR above, I think there isn't racism in them. They are trying to say that people from different cultures, speaking different languages, having never worked together before managed to do a decent job with VAR and that their own people cannot be organized properly and succeed on the same task. Self-pitying / self-blaming if anything, which yes, is still in a way a stereotype and a form of discrimination, but above all it is a form of "cultural self-critique." Definitely not a form of racism using less developed nations as an example of organization.
No, he's saying that VAR is so easy to implement that even Peruvians, Jamaicans and Thai people use it efficiently so why can't the Germans who are above them.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
No, he's saying that VAR is so easy to implement that even Peruvians, Jamaicans and Thai people use it efficiently so why can't the Germans who are above them.

Yes, mate; but they actually are above them in terms of productive organization in their business environment and in terms of resources (human or other) it makes sense for them to have an advantage when it comes to implementing a technology like VAR. Did he mention inherent properties like genes, or did he criticize their culture? If neither then why was it not a technical approach that has to do with the fact that Germans are a developed nation and nothing more?

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Yes, mate; but they actually are above them in terms of productive organization in their business environment and in terms of resources (human or other) it makes sense for them to have an advantage when it comes to implementing a technology like VAR. Did he mention inherent properties like genes, or did he criticize their culture? If neither then why was it not a technical approach that has to do with the fact that Germans are a developed nation and nothing more?

People just being disingenuous so they add further evidence for the Özil is a victim of racism angle. The guy is saying these poorer countries can do it with no problem why can't we with much better resources. Can't expect some old guy to be politically correct.

And no I'm not dismissing Özil as a victim of racim, as a black muslim in the UK, I generally believe majority of white people are racist and 100% of the ones in power. Anyone of colour would probably agree with me.

Put Özil in the City team and see how he performs instead of judging him based on his time at Arsenal with players who are all few levels below those at City.

He's better than both but yeah let's keep shifting the goalposts in order to bash him as it's the easy thing to do.

I rate both Silva and KDB over Özil. You can compare David Silva to Mesut but KDB is on a completely different level to him and does things Özil can't.

Özil is a better creator than Silva but Silva is more dynamic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom